Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Play the latest version of Airport City on your Amazon Device

Please be aware that as yet this has not been tested as I do not have an Amazon based device, however there is no reason why this should not work. If you are unsure, please await someone to test and comment below.

Amazon devices such as the Kindle Fire can run and install apps that have been released on the Google Play market. Amazon however prefers you to use their own Marketplace so does not give you access to Google Play.

Installing an app from Google Play on your Amazon device is called "Side Loading" and below im going to explain how to do it.

1) You will need to allow installation of third party apps on your Amazon device. This is a simple change you need to make in the settings.
- Go to settings
- Choose "Device" option
- Choose the "On" option for "Allow installation of applications from unknown sources"

sideload-apps-kindle-fire.jpg

2) From the Amazon Marketplace, download and install the free app called "ES File Explorer"

3) Download the Airport_City.apk file attached to this thread. This file has come direct from Google Play. You will need to connect your Amazon device to your PC and transfer this file across.

4) Open up ES File Explorer and navigate to the loaction on your Amazon device where you placed the Airport_City.apk file. Once located, press and click install.

Congratulations! You are now running the latest Airport City version from Google Play on your Amazon device!

Attachments

• Airport City_1.83.apk
    26.1 MB · Views: 166

Aero

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Aero
Dave, my Airport City version is 1.84. I am using a Samsung Tab 8.9 on Honeycomb.
Game Insight always release each update in two versions, and I always get the even number version.

How do you know that odd number version works (better) for the Kindle?

Im now on 1.83 i cant get on even numbers...

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
see my signature
Username
see my signature
Dave - you might want to mask the mac address and possibly the serial number off in the picture above... :cautious:

and for a laugh - put in a line to say "Press Rest to Factory Defaults" and see how many people do it :sneaky:

Device
  1. None of the above
Friend Code
amw2ubn6
Username
skyhigh
Please be aware that as yet this has not been tested as I do not have an Amazon based device, however there is no reason why this should not work. If you are unsure, please await someone to test and comment below.

Amazon devices such as the Kindle Fire can run and install apps that have been released on the Google Play market. Amazon however prefers you to use their own Marketplace so does not give you access to Google Play.

Installing an app from Google Play on your Amazon device is called "Side Loading" and below im going to explain how to do it.

1) You will need to allow installation of third party apps on your Amazon device. This is a simple change you need to make in the settings.
- Go to settings
- Choose "Device" option
- Choose the "On" option for "Allow installation of applications from unknown sources"

sideload-apps-kindle-fire.jpg

2) From the Amazon Marketplace, download and install the free app called "ES File Explorer"

3) Download the Airport_City.apk file attached to this thread. This file has come direct from Google Play. You will need to connect your Amazon device to your PC and transfer this file across.

4) Open up ES File Explorer and navigate to the loaction on your Amazon device where you placed the Airport_City.apk file. Once located, press and click install.

Congratulations! You are now running the latest Airport City version from Google Play on your Amazon device!
S

So how crazy is this...Airport City is no longer even listed in the Amazon Marketplace..you can't find it anywhere..i'm still playing the game and it still runs but when you do a search in the amazon store it no longer comes up..says application not found

Aero

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Aero
S

So how crazy is this...Airport City is no longer even listed in the Amazon Marketplace..you can't find it anywhere..i'm still playing the game and it still runs but when you do a search in the amazon store it no longer comes up..says application not found

Thats weird... But if its true, than you can forget any future update?!?!? :confused:

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ami4pbq6
Username
Tecmage
I just fired off another email to GI about the lack of Kindle updates and unresolved issue with the Flight Catering Facilities. Us Kindle users are getting the short end of a very dirty stick, and have missed out on at least two updates AND cannot advance past Level 30. I'm not ready to side load, yet, but it's looking like an option.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
am0ms56o
Username
Archer
ok a few weeks ago I used this way to get the a more up to date version of the game on my kindle but it is still telling me that there is an update out there for it and even did that on the day that I installed from the link up above. is there any way of getting a more up to date version. I also wish that amazon gets an update but for some odd reason I don't think one is coming. any help would be appreciated.

Top Bottom