Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Platform and Runway suggestion

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04ibj5st8
Username
Rawnie
Considering the following situation:
Both your runways are at the same level in which you can accept all planes for your level. Say for example both runways level 4 and you can land up to Raven planes.

When you have 2 of your platforms filled with a guest Raven plane in each and you accept their rewards right after each other, the first accepted always choses the runway closest to your platforms, blocking the access to the second runway for the other plane. Even though it could use both runways, since they are level 4 in the example situation.

My suggestion for this is that the plane that is leaving the platform first, should always check the second runway first to see if it can take off on it. This should prevent the second plane from being blocked, which is now waiting for runway 2 in the current version of the game.
This is of course not possible if it can only take runway 1 due to level requirements, or if it's occupied landing a different plane.

Same goes for the choice of platform, they always fill from the right to the left, blocking new planes that are landing when leaving the platform, even though all others are for example free.

My suggestion for the platforms are filled from left to right.
When there are platforms available on the left, planes that want to leave the platform should wait for the planes that have already left the runway, and are on its way to a free platform.

They don't have to wait for planes that are waiting at the end of a runway because all platforms are occupied or when they are still busy landing on the runway.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
If you really want to get anal, how about working papi lights? LOL. On the other hand, can we also thank them for how much they got right? The animations are beautiful and in every way superior to what we had before. Yes, there are some glitches that result in planes overlapping now and then, but I also look at how each plane has its own acceleration curve and turnoff point, the changes to the runway lights to show all 3 modes of use, etc. The add in the cute ground vehicle operations. Even the Owl will show its props spinning down to stop after it lands. Lots of little details that all take a lot of attention to detail and are hard to animate.

So while there are always ways to increase the accuracy, they have captured many of the aspects in a way that is not overly complex yet still a marvel to watch each time.

Yes, I'm an unapologetic avgeek and student pilot so maybe that's part of my cupcaking all over this too. 🤗

👧⛽
N
Fully agree. I also appreciate the details

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
@Nayeon , you’re bringing my avnerd skeleton out of the closet, here 🤣.

For those that are wondering why I used the wording “primarily based on runway heading”, it’s because there are some variations. LAX and Orlando are two examples of airports that run 4 parallel runways. To avoid confusion, one of the runway pairs will take on the heading +/- 10 degrees. (eg. Orlando has 36L&R and 35L&R). Another exception might be when two airports are in close vicinity of each other and they use +/-10 for one of the runways to (attempt to) avoid any confusion with pilots lining up to land on the wrong runway 😳.
DFW as well....and ATL. Actually, I think Hartsfield has 5 in parallel

Vikas Rana

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Vikas Rana
Considering the following situation:
Both your runways are at the same level in which you can accept all planes for your level. Say for example both runways level 4 and you can land up to Raven planes.

When you have 2 of your platforms filled with a guest Raven plane in each and you accept their rewards right after each other, the first accepted always choses the runway closest to your platforms, blocking the access to the second runway for the other plane. Even though it could use both runways, since they are level 4 in the example situation.

My suggestion for this is that the plane that is leaving the platform first, should always check the second runway first to see if it can take off on it. This should prevent the second plane from being blocked, which is now waiting for runway 2 in the current version of the game.
This is of course not possible if it can only take runway 1 due to level requirements, or if it's occupied landing a different plane.

Same goes for the choice of platform, they always fill from the right to the left, blocking new planes that are landing when leaving the platform, even though all others are for example free.

My suggestion for the platforms are filled from left to right.
When there are platforms available on the left, planes that want to leave the platform should wait for the planes that have already left the runway, and are on its way to a free platform.

They don't have to wait for planes that are waiting at the end of a runway because all platforms are occupied or when they are still busy landing on the runway.
Still do-able as in this screenshot:
Screenshot_20201213-192444.png

Top Bottom