Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS Need some help before expanding my fleet

Matbja

1500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03z5y9sx
Username
Matbja
Hello,

Im a quite new player (level 41) and would need some advice now when Im about to expand my fleet. The basic question is if I should aim for two powerful deltas or two jumbos?

I just upgraded my tower so I can run 8 hangars and they're occupied with 2 turboprops, 4 jets and 2 deltas and Ive got two free slots in the reserve hangar. At the moment I have no problem to achieve the three alliance-missions every week unless too many additional items is needed since it seems like no from my alliance is here and I cant contact them by any means. Maybe I also should mention that Im relatively active but the terminal is still more or less always full (level 5). Do you have any recommendations how I best expand?

Also, feel free to add me as a neighbour if you wish and give in that case a hint here so I can make a note to look here before gifting you (Most of my neighbours doesnt seem to be registred here).

Best regards
Matbja

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
03mzsdlw
Username
Deepgreensea
My strategy has been to have only 2 of every plane, and 3 of the type I want to trigger the Alliance destinations for the most plane type. So at the moment I have 2 PPDs, 3 Turboprops, 2 Jets, 2 Deltas, 2 Powerful Deltas and 2 Jumbos. Once I 3 star the PPD Alliance destinations (Riga etc) I intend to sell my PPDs and 1 Turboprop, allowing me to buy 1 Jet for a total of 3 and get 2 Giants.

I wouldn’t rush to anything higher than Jumbo for a long time yet as there’s a lot of infrastructure to put in place to run them.

My advice to your specific question is to sell 2 of your jets and buy 2 PPDs so you can 3 star those Alliance destinations. Focus on building up your space program, especially the MCC 3 and red launch pad as that will eventually fund your upgrades. I found building the large and small fuel depots really helped along the way too.

One thing you should know is that the second alliance task is based on your largest plane. have you 3-starred all the lower destinations? I would agree with @deepgreensea about not rushing into buying larger planes. Also if you want an alliance on this forum then pm me as there is a great alliance needing someone just like you.:)

This reminds me a lot of what I was like when I first came on this forum. The number one piece of advice I would give here is to slow down. I hear what you say about your terminal being regularly full, that will be an issue, but higher capacity planes are almost certainly not the answer. I always worked on a rule of three rather than two planes when upgrading, it was just personal preference. At level 41, you're probably thinking something along the lines of "OMG three Jumbos will cost me 150k coins - if the price seems steep then you're probably not ready for them, as generally in the game, you have more coins than you need.

Your alliance tasks will be as follows:
1. Your lowest ranked plane, currently PPD
2. Your highest ranked plane
3. The plane you have the most of

It often works out that you have two tasks for the same type of plane, and the number of flights you need will go up as your level increases. By the time you get to level 80, your weekly "easy" PPD task would be 112 flights.

Next question...do you have the 100-item limit on your account? I'm guessing yes if you are a new player, but if you don't then you're really lucky. If you search for that on the forum, you will see how much it hinders progress.

Five other bits of advice:

1. Work towards space launches, specifically the level 3 red ones. They cost 600k coins to set up, but are totally worth it as they generate 20,000 for a first place launch, and you can make it up in no time. I would suggest asking forumers to help with launches, so you might put less points in and get a second place which still has substantial rewards - I'll send you an invite.

2. Don't spend your green airport cash. You should be buying land expansion with coins for now, and when you get to expansion 20+, you can only pay in greens. They will rapdily become a very rare and valuable commodity.

3. I had a quick look at your airport and you only have one catering factory. I would look to add a second to double your capacity.

4. Never tell anyone everything you know

Matbja

1500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03z5y9sx
Username
Matbja
Thanks for your good advices @Aardvark! I will try to slow down, its easy to start rushing so I'll add a couple of PPD:s to the fleet and wait a bit with the jumbos. I guess the reason for getting a full terminal all the time is a twisted balance between residential buildings and other stuff and adding a lot of guest planes to that doesnt help the equation.

I'll start saving to the red launcher (Haha, just spent ages saving to level 7 Town Hall but its just to start again). I would really appreciate to be able to join for second and third place.

Good idea! I have the litmitation of 100 items unfortunately but catering seems be really important later on

Top Bottom