Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

More than 1600 rocket points??

s8s

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
lw5cct
Username
s8s
Today I was in a launch with some unknown. 3 hours before time elapsed I got to first place with 30 more points than nr 2 in the list and just 24 point from being launched.

But 5minutes later 2nd person in the list got first with more than 24 points than I had and the rocket got launched. How is that possible?

Aero

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Aero
Today I was in a launch with some unknown. 3 hours before time elapsed I got to first place with 30 more points than nr 2 in the list and just 24 point from being launched.

But 5minutes later 2nd person in the list got first with more than 24 points than I had and the rocket got launched. How is that possible?

its easy.
I did the same with someone who thought he had 1st place...
There was allready 1570 points total, so 30 more.
He had 100 points more than me in total, but i used for the last 30 points a explosive bolt!
So i dropped in a extra 360... So suddenly i had 260 points more than him... And stole 1st place!

So yes its possible to go over the 1600 :)

s8s, was there a third or fourth party, because your numbers does not tally?

Total points = 1,576 (24 less than 1600 required).
Therefore you have 803 points, the 2nd person has 773 points (30 less than you).
But the thing is you cannot have odd number of points, as every item has even points
(2 for fuel, 6, 12, 24, 40, 120, 360 for Powerful Explosive Bolt).

So I conclude there was a third or fourth person with some points, therefore you have less than 800 points.
Basically, as long as your point is less than 802 points, and the gap with the next person is less than 360 points you are not guaranteed to be #1.

As Aero pointed out, if you have 798 points, another person with 772 points (total 1,570), he can blow past you and secure #1 with a 360 PEB (a 40point Large Fuel Tank would do fine too), even though only 30 points is required to complete the refuelling.

s8s

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
lw5cct
Username
s8s
Bali Hi Indeed there was a third and fourth person. It was a hard lesson;) Because I could finish the launch..

Aero In fact you threw away 260 point?:p You could have done with a Main stabilizer.

Thanks for the answers!

s8s, was there a third or fourth party, because your numbers does not tally?

Total points = 1,576 (24 less than 1600 required).
Therefore you have 803 points, the 2nd person has 773 points (30 less than you).
But the thing is you cannot have odd number of points, as every item has even points
(2 for fuel, 6, 12, 24, 40, 120, 360 for Powerful Explosive Bolt).

So I conclude there was a third or fourth person with some points, therefore you have less than 800 points.
Basically, as long as your point is less than 802 points, and the gap with the next person is less than 360 points you are not guaranteed to be #1.

As Aero pointed out, if you have 798 points, another person with 772 points (total 1,570), he can blow past you and secure #1 with a 360 PEB (a 40point Large Fuel Tank would do fine too), even though only 30 points is required to complete the refuelling.

This is not correct. As I just posted in the other thread, my launch I just started a couple of hours ago got stolen and I had 898 points in already. Someone (from this site) joined and added 936 points all at once to take 1st while there were still over 20 hours left to go. I don't understand the thinking behind this and don't care to deal with this type of person. So both people that have done this to me I have simply removed from my neighbor list. If you are planning to spend that many points, start your own launch instead of spoiling someone else's.

So, really you need 980 points to assure no one will pass you. If you have 980, the most they can add to get to 1598 is 618. Then if they added a powerful explosive bolt for 360 they would still be only at 978. Sad that I have to calculate this to try and keep people from spoiling my entertainment. If only I was rolling in powerful explosive bolts like Aero instead of having wasted 5 days worth of items for another silver.

Scud, I symphatize 100% with you.
It was hard earned points and not very nice to have that taken away from you.

So, to state it more accurately:
  • Most people will assume that once you hit 802 points, you have secured #1 position. This is not true.
    You have to take into account the next person on the list, and must maintain a gap of at least 360 points for safety.
    The bigger the gap the better of coourse ...
  • You need to secure 980 points to guarantee #1 spot and prevent someone with a PEB from overtaking.

Device
  1. Android
Username
Dest: APC

So true, Bali Hi!! But what if, er....... 'someone' just kinda did this to a well-known member (let's say someone like rodyw), to his very own shock (cause math has never been his thing anyway). And let's say this 'someone' doesn't feel that that's right :( . How, would you say, should this 'someone' make up with him?

Aero

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Aero

So, to state it more accurately:
  • Most people will assume that once you hit 802 points, you have secured #1 position. This is not true.
    You have to take into account the next person on the list, and must maintain a gap of at least 360 points for safety.
    The bigger the gap the better of coourse ...
  • You need to secure 980 points to guarantee #1 spot and prevent someone with a PEB from overtaking.

my next rocket i need to be 2nd.... so who will i join :confused:

I don't know... different people have different reactions.
  • Some are thankful that another person has joined and helped finished a race he/she could not have finished by himself/herself, even though that person took #1 spot away.
  • Some people cannot accept that another person joined his/her race and overtook the #1 spot.
If you are not the competitive type, then you should:
  • Try to go solo & launch only when you have like 800 or 980 points including a PEB (which means very few flights)
  • Make a pact with your buddies to fly together at an appointed time, and take turns to be#1 & #2 (you still need sizeable points to prevent a 3rd party from crashing your joint flight and taking #1 or #2 spot)
  • Don't fly at all
GI designed the game to make you COOPERATE and COMPETE, and does not allow you to refuse an "INTRUDER", so you have to adapt and make the best of it.

I am the collaborative type myself, so I enjoy taking joint flights, especially with Sophie (whom I still owe two #1 spot). I am grateful to everyone who contributed to my 7 flights and made them all successful launches!

Aero

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Aero
I would really like to join a free ride to #1 with Aero.
I think I would be able to keep Aero's urge to be #1 in check, since I have 30 Lunch Ready boxes to be opened.

Unfortunately, I just launched a rocket and have 24 hours layover.
Next person please....

i need to wait 10 more hours for mine is landing... so we can do it after ur ready for it?

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ACQVKFB
Username
Sophie-Item needed
I am the collaborative type myself, so I enjoy taking joint flights, especially with Sophie (whom I still owe two #1 spot). I am grateful to everyone who contributed to my 7 flights and made them all successful launches!

Awe Thanks Bali!!! I'm not the competitive type in the first place just here to help out as much as I can. Unless of course you join my launch and want to take 1st place :)

I learned the same lesson...and "un-neighbored" the person who went 200 points over the necessary launch total just to take first. Those kinds of neighbors I can do without.

That's just wrong Scud it's my belief that the person who starts the launch and knows they have enough points to stay #1 shouldn't have to worry about it. I think this is a friendly forum with great ways to communicate and if that person is from this forum they should have contacted you to talk about the results. I've only been able to launch 3 times, twice with Bali Hi the second with my husband, Smiley, who failed to notify me that he didn't have enough points to remain #1 and when another member from this forum joined and didn't notify either one of us I made sure I took the 1st place causing my hubby to end up in 3rd. I of course was upset at first but Smiley only cared that he was able to place tied with 2nd because a 4th person ended up joining our launch towards the end.

Device
  1. Android
So true, Bali Hi!! But what if, er....... 'someone' just kinda did this to a well-known member (let's say someone like rodyw), to his very own shock (cause math has never been his thing anyway). And let's say this 'someone' doesn't feel that that's right :( . How, would you say, should this 'someone' make up with him?

Shame on you Destination: APC! No, just kidding. I didn't know it was possible to 'steal' the number one position from someone with 800+ points. But luckely for you I don't need the 'extra' value like Coins, Reputation or items that is rewarded to the number one position. :)

Device
  1. Android
Username
Dest: APC
Shame on you Destination: APC! No, just kidding. I didn't know it was possible to 'steal' the number one position from someone with 800+ points. But luckely for you I don't need the 'extra' value like Coins, Reputation or items that is rewarded to the number one position. :)

rodyw
Aw, well...... still don't like it. Especially since we're neighbours. But - as you can see - there's been a broad discussion on this forum 'bout not being safe with "only" 800-something fuel points. It has to be at least 980 to be safe from piracy. With 802-970 points you're nothing but a sitting duck to calculating wonders and people who desperatly want to launch and decide to throw their only PEB in the game.

You're a good sport though! And yes, your airport is (one of) the coolest around. You even have that hideous alien statue. Who at GI came up with that??

Anyway, being on my 'Earl Hickey list' I'll support one of yer next launches. I'll put 400 points in. With your 800 points you'll assured of place 1.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
It is impossible to keep a launch to youself but it is part of the game.
I do agree that it is not good form for someone to waste a PEB to take the total way above what is required just to get to 1st Place, regardless of who started the launch sequence and if someone did that to me I too would delete them.
I am currently in a launch with members of this forum that I started. Someone came in a went above 800 points taking first. That is okay they won and I will keep plodding away using only the first 5 items for the rest of the launch, saving the Large Fuel Tank, Main Stabilizer and Powerful Explosive Bolt for a later launch.

Top Bottom