Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Managing Your Neighbours

Hi All

Just wondering do any of you have a system for managing Neighbours / Friends.
Do you do clear-outs from time to time to just keep usable friends (guys that gift back)?
I done a cull afew days back to put it under 100 (98).
Could this be a bad idea If insight set a task for x amount of neighbours reward or something?
Technically you only need 20 neighbours that are active each day to maximise sending and recieving.
The love heart system for visiting daily neighbours might eventually push the number of visits higher long term.

So what I am wondering is do people just keep adding neighbours or control the numbers?
If so, have you a system to do this or just remove what you think is not giving a return?

Dee

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04a6xuqcl
Username
Dee
In the beginning I added people from the in-game list constantly, but at one point I had over a 100 waiting to accept and about 30 on my list of neighbours. I sent out 20 gifts daily, but usually got one or two gifts back tops. I'm not the type to say 'Hey I sent you something 3 times and you only sent me something once', but since you need so many items for completing buildings, that was getting frustrating!

So when I found this forum, I removed everyone on the waiting list. And since I started trading with people here I have removed some people on the neighbourslist. I do have a bit of a system, I have a cheap notebook in which I write down the gifts I've received when I start up the game. Then I go to the forums, check the daily trading thread and write down what other people need. Then back in the game I send out my gifts and write down what I sent to everyone. I use a lot of abbreviations for neighbours and items so it's actually pretty quick to do. And since I now have more of an overview of the people I trade with, I did remove several neighbours that I don't trade with.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
c1k0mq (that's a zero, not a letter)
Username
BEW0072 Airport
I was just speaking with Takedown2 about this. I set up an excel spreadsheet to track neighbors and who I send. Something simple
Neighbors Thread User Name Gift Day Gift sent / needed… How many more? Key notes about user…

Its pretty basic but makes a world of difference. I use the key notes column to track what bldgs people have as I need to find more people with a convention center so I can visit and get night vision goggles.

What I'm trying to figure out now is how I can copy it over straight to a post on the trade as formatted text. It appears good when creating the post, but once its done, its a mess!!!

Initially I thought it was best to have 20 good neighbours but it didnt work. Now I have about 250 neighbours and get sent about 60 gifts per day. I send back stuff to the ones who send the best gifts.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
8kz4tg
Username
Sky Ranger
Wow! Good info here. I will never again change my username to convey items needed. Glad I found this forum to make trading easier and more efficient. Thanks, Dave, for creating it.

I have over 300 neighbors, but I only send back what my username is of the moment. I found out that you need a lot of neighbors (not as much as I have) because not everyone have particular buildings that is needed for missions all the time.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
7jju8f
Username
NIK
Regarding name changing for items needed:
I keep the first few letters constant in my user name and change the rest to reflect what I need. Some of my neighbours do it too, it makes it easy to identify them when they change what they need.

I don't have easy access to a computer to be on the forum all the time, so I feel doing this is a good alternative and it still lets me be identifiable to my neighbour even though my wanted item has changed.

At 330 neigbours, I just hit the send back item to whoever sends me the best items. If someone sends 20 fuel I might try to look them up to send their item but it is very hard. I get about 80 items per day. There have been others whop admit to similar. This is why there atre some who complain they only recieve 3 items per day. Sad and selfish but true.

Top Bottom