Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Idea for Airport City - Airplane Boneyard

Recently, I made a reply to someone in the thread "Purple Launch Could be SpaceX to Mars" and in the process I came an interesting idea.

The idea is this, an "Airplane Boneyard". In reality, a Boneyard is where planes that are retired from active service are kept, maintained, and sometimes demolished. One example I mentioned in that reply is "Mojave Air and Space Port" that I think, includes this https://lostamerica.com/photo-items/the-mojave-airport-boneyard/ .

My proposal in the game is that Mojave, California, USA is made a destination for Falcons. You could receive items for a launch to Mars as well as items from a "Aircraft Demolition" collection. If you get a certain number of these collections, you would be reworded with an "Aircraft Boneyard". This could be placed in either the City or the Industrial Ara. The idea I have is that it would act as a special building that would provide one random "Airplane repair item" for any plane available at your particular level every 24 hours as well as increase your PAX cap by 50. Another interesting possibility is that this could provide a random repair item for neighbor drops (maybe the odds should always). This would be somewhat based on reality because frequently, demolished airplanes provide parts that are reused in other aircraft.

You could actually have a number of possibility destinations that would be somewhat grounded in reality. Just look at the Wikipedia page at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_boneyard . Many of these boneyards are in the Southwest United States (California and Arizona) and that's for a specific reason, California and Arizona are desert and you want low humidity to store aircraft to prevent corrosion.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Its not a bad idea. The only thing I would suggest is to maybe split them up into two types of graveyards: one for items for the smaller planes (swallows up to Jumbo), and then one for the larger planes (giants to condors)....maybe have the smaller one be in Mojave, CA and the larger one be Victorville, CA. I say this because the items for the larger planes are exclusive to those, and tend to be in higher demand than the smaller items which can also drop randomly from guest planes.

Its not a bad idea. The only thing I would suggest is to maybe split them up into two types of graveyards: one for items for the smaller planes (swallows up to Jumbo), and then one for the larger planes (giants to condors)....maybe have the smaller one be in Mojave, CA and the larger one be Victorville, CA. I say this because the items for the larger planes are exclusive to those, and tend to be in higher demand than the smaller items which can also drop randomly from guest planes.
Another possible boneyard to consider as a destination would be Tucson Arizona, USA. That has the "Pima Air & Space Museum" as well as the "Davis–Monthan Air Force Base" that stores a number of military aircraft as well as demolishing them. My idea is that in addition to being a boneyard destination, it could also serve to provide a collection that gives you a building such as an "Aviation Museum". With the right incentives, you might put it down.

I have to admit that the artwork for an airplane being demolished with clearly missing parts would look depressing, but I'm sure that with the right artistic flare, it would a be a nice touch. Of course, if you are talking about parts for a Condor, you might NOT care.

Top Bottom