Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Gift-giving glitch

Device
  1. Android
Username
belledohna
A couple of us have noticed an apparent glitch or glitches when gifting a neighbor with something other than what you've received (this is NOT about gifting to someone with a different device, which has its own thread.)
Items are converted to things like fuel catalyst and passengers (5).

It would be great if people could post if they've encountered problems gifting recently, and maybe some of our members can provide some answers.

Thank you!

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2
An answer I got from GI in the past is that people who don't have the right level (not high enough) can't receive high level gifts.... Never noticed it before until maybe now/this update?
I read Long can't receive all level 10 gifts in LY2 which is level 45

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
belledohna, can you be more specific what gift was sent to what game (mainly level of the game)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 111
Device
  1. Android
Username
belledohna
Thanks flip123 for your attention; I wanted to give out gifts first so that I could look at the problem a little more before replying.

Another forum member was trying to send centrifuges (for the laundry) to my second game, which is level 39 (the earliest you can build the laundry being of course level 41.) However, what was showing up in my inbox was passengers(5.)
Today, I experimented by trying to send the laundry/build item that I have in my first game to my second game ( I had already supplied my second game with plenty of that component a couple of months ago with no problem.)
Today, however, it showed up in my second game as fuel catalyst.
So there you have it- not so much a glitch as a game change. If you have any insight on how this will affect trading, I would love to hear it. I know that future building items are coveted gifts; maybe this only affects buildings tied to specific levels like the flight catering facility and the laundry? It would be a bummer if it restricts items for town hall/terminal/control tower. Tomorrow I' ll try to see if this change restricts flight catering/blankets as well.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Please PM if adding. Will not add without PM.
Username
Sulfe (lvl 60 283★ and 9♥) / Wingit (lvl 60 155★ and 9♥)
It does seem to be a mystery and very inconsistent. I have sent centrifuges to folks (including belledohna) that are not at level 41 (which I think is the laundry level) and they have received them, no problem. Yet, others have not received them at all. I have been sending master plans to someone at level 17, which is a acceptable level, for their upgrade and they are receiving fuel catalysts and passengers.

I have a non-forum member that has faithfully sent whatever was described in my profile, and now I am only receiving passengers from that person. Unfortunately, I cannot ask that person because I can't communicate with them. Another reason to PLEASE join the forums.

I hope this gets fixed soon. Like I said in another post, I don't want to put in a ticket with G! because they will just say that everyone in the whole world is time traveling, whether they are playing the game or not! :eek:

flip123: that´s correct, my support game can only receive level 10 ítems for one building (Terminal) after the update, and then it is able to receive ítems for 2nd building (Town hall) starting yesterday, and still cannot receive the ítems for the 3rd building (Control tower), it would be converted to Passenger 5 or something else.

Device
  1. Android
Username
belledohna
Blankets turn into passengers(5).
Long it would be great if you could clarify what levels your TH/T/CT were at when they were unable to receive level 10 building items.
Is this truly what GI intended? Because I'm bewildered why they would want to add what is just another level of frustration. Fuel catalyst is useful for when you need it, but P(5) is just P(10)'s shabby sidekick. If gifts converted to F(20) and P(10) that would at least be better.
I guess a good rule-of-thumb would be if you can't send it, you can't receive it.

belledohna, the level of my buildings didn't change, my Town Hall is at level 6, and my Terminal and Control Tower both at level 5. My game was at level 44 when I was only able to receive level 10 Terminal items, and then at level 45 and 46 I noticed I am able to receive other level 10 building items for Control Tower and Town Hall. It seems the ability to receive level 10 building items is related to the game level and not the building level.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
belledohna, the level of my buildings didn't change, my Town Hall is at level 6, and my Terminal and Control Tower both at level 5. My game was at level 44 when I was only able to receive level 10 Terminal items, and then at level 45 and 46 I noticed I am able to receive other level 10 building items for Control Tower and Town Hall. It seems the ability to receive level 10 building items is related to the game level and not the building level.

Long, if you look at the flights that give level 10 buildingitems.... flightlevel 45 (Tortuga) and 46 (Helsinki)
Caracas is level 41 so it is logical that you received terminal items first

Device
  1. Android
Username
belledohna
Thanks flip123 for clarifying, and I was hoping to be done with this, but alas no.
To recap:
-This only affects players/games that are under level 50. (Yay! To be level 50 is actually meaningful!).
-You used to be able to send higher level items to a lower level game ( as evidenced by the fact that I have@ twelve flatwork ironers in my second game, sent there months ago by my first game. )
-At some point this rule changed, and these items, if sent from a higher level game to a lower level game, are now transformed into fuel catalyst, passengers(5), and, I believe, fuel(3) if the game was below the threshold for that item.

In other words, if you can't fly to the city that pays out the build items for that particular building (e.g., Dubai for flight catering), you can't receive those build items from your neighbors.

I've now come upon another discrepancy in all of this, and I'll post more after I can test this a bit.

Device
  1. Android
Username
belledohna
I'll try to describe this inconsistency as briefly as possible:
My (second) game was below level 40 when I started this thread.
That game is now at level 40, so I am trying to get items for the laundry which I'll need for level 41+ flights. At level 40, I am able to fly to Capetown to collect the laundry/build items, and I will need to be level 41 to actually purchase the building, but currently any laundry/build items sent to me are being converted to passengers(5), etc. So it isn't enough to be able to fly for the items; you have to be able to buy the building to receive help from your neighbors.
It would be interesting if somebody with a level 20 game could respond, since the flight catering building is set up slightly differently: for that building, which you need for level 21+ flights, you can, at level 20, not only fly for the items (Dubai) but actually purchase the building (and, I would guess, be able to receive build items/flight catering from your neighbors.)
(And I imagine someone trying to build repair base 5 below level 30 would run into something similar.)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Username
Good investigating, Belledohna! It sounds like a "new feature" and not one that is going to be very popular. Grrr...

It's got to be a bug...it couldn't possibly be "The Plan", could it? It makes it impossible to progress in the game without spending real money.

Bizarre.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
I started a new game and I have noticed the following:
You can receive gifts for a building 1 level AFTER you can build/upgrade the building.
F.I. Flight school is a level 10 building. Gifts for Flight school arrive if you are level 11. Until that time they turn into fuel or passengers.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Username
Thanks Flip...that makes sense and seems to be a new "feature". Not a good one, but it is what it is.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Extra gifting bug...
Gifts can be received AFTER the original building is available+1 level.

With the original building I mean: control tower, terminal, town hall, repairbase, flight catering, flightschool etc.

This means, items for bagagehall (packaging machine) mission control 1 (server rack), etc (buildings added later to the game) are NOT giftable in the beginning.......

Top Bottom