Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

GI transfered my game to new phone!

Toddfish

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04ho1zg2
Username
Toddfish
Just wanted to let people know that GI was able to transfer my game (complete with friend code, neighbors, warehouse items, stars, etc.) to a new cell phone. I submitted a support ticket and after a couple days collecting the needed information (I had to wait for my new phone and play to get to level 5 to get a new friend code) they were able to give me a code that completely transferred my game. Total time ~1 week.

I went from a Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.2.2 (not rooted or with an unlocked bootloader, so couldn't do a backup/transfer on my own) to a LG G2 running Android 4.2.2 (so I don't know if it's OS or just platform dependent). They needed to know:
  1. My device name, carrier, and model
  2. Old friend code
  3. New friend code (created on my new phone at level)
  4. Any Google order numbers (I did have a couple, so that might have helped)
After activating my new phone I left my old phone powered on and connected to WiFi. Using the code they provided (entered into the friend code tab) my game was restored to the new phone (the old city, friend code, etc. was completely removed). The game seemed to still be on my old phone, but I've not played it (fearing there might be issues having two games with identical friend codes trying to access GI servers).

While my old phone was still functional, which I'm sure helped, they did mention that "game save files are stored on our server during a limited period of time"... so if a device dies being quick might make a difference.

-Toddfish...

Edit - After double checking, it does not appear that the gifts I could send in my original game were transferred. I believe the gifts from the new game are the ones that are still available.

Toddfish

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04ho1zg2
Username
Toddfish
Did you have to play Airport city to a certain level on the new phone before you can enter the code?
I only needed to get far enough on the new game to be able to enter a friend code (level 5 is what they told me, but I think I saw it a little sooner). That said, it looks like the gifts I can send now were carried over from this new game (I had just hit level 10 and didn't get a Fuel20 so considered restarting, but had already provided the new friend code to GI and didn't want to jeopardize the transfer). It might be best to play the new game until you get the desired gifts, then initiate the transfer.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
i0vo6d
Username
lister:Item needed
Hi Toddfish, thanks for posting this information, I've recently had to reset my phone as it wouldn't boot so getting my game transferred as we speak, just got a quick question that your "etc." covered but thought I'd just check, did your coins/green money transfer over from your old game too? Cheers

melony

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04lbt7wk
Username
melony
Lol!!! You know you've been on the forum a long time when everything is a repost and nobody seems to notice. I'm getting a new phone so I'm glad to see game transferring still works

Toddfish

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04ho1zg2
Username
Toddfish
I've recently had to reset my phone as it wouldn't boot so getting my game transferred as we speak, just got a quick question that your "etc." covered but thought I'd just check, did your coins/green money transfer over from your old game too?
The coins/green transferred over from the old game. On a similar note, since it seems like everything from the old game overwrites the new one (other than the gift items) I wouldn't recommend buying any coin/green on the new game.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
i0vo6d
Username
lister:Item needed
The coins/green transferred over from the old game. On a similar note, since it seems like everything from the old game overwrites the new one (other than the gift items) I wouldn't recommend buying any coin/green on the new game.

Ah ok thanks, yea I've got 40 odd green in that game (all saved up, didn't pay for any of it mind), hopefully it'll let me install all the other games again for a load of bonus green :)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
afhuyqy
Username
mikket
I'm trying to send a support ticket to GI but when i open the support center ingame my keyboard doesn't show up so i can't type.....

I'm changing phone.

Where to send a support ticket? :eek:

Edit: I somehow managed to create a support ticket on some simple looking site to GI :)

Top Bottom