Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows GAME FREEZE UP

D

Deleted member 5399

YES I Already submitted ticket.
Went to buy the 29.99 special today on banknotes and game froze. I was forced to close it but never got my withdrawal.
So awaiting on GI

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
YES I Already submitted ticket.
Went to buy the 29.99 special today on banknotes and game froze. I was forced to close it but never got my withdrawal.
So awaiting on GI

GI is working on the problem. I had submitted a ticket 2 days ago. They had though they had a fix for it one day ago but it did not work.
So they have in their words escalated the problem to the next level.

Do I am waiting to see what happens.

Device
  1. Windows PC
GI is working on the problem. I had submitted a ticket 2 days ago. They had though they had a fix for it one day ago but it did not work.
So they have in their words escalated the problem to the next level.

Do I am waiting to see what happens.
Exactly what GI sent to me said they had fixed the freezing problem but no still wont work.

D

Deleted member 5399

I can play the game. Just hate spending money if I don't get coins or greenies. Not that I'd spend it on coins.

Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Friend Code
wj0hsef
Username
waterlow
I now have the same problem, since the Down The Rabbit Hole update the game runs for 10secs and then freezes.. I have reset the game back to the start and it still freezes.

Waterlow

D

Deleted member 5399

I now have the same problem, since the Down The Rabbit Hole update the game runs for 10secs and then freezes.. I have reset the game back to the start and it still freezes.

Waterlow
I've been getting slight hiccups during game play, but only notice it in ANF1.
But then again I only stay in other games long enough to gift, visit and send out planes.

Device
  1. Windows PC
I haven't had much for problems up until now with this recent update.
But I too have been getting freeze-ups as well as I might be sending planes off and the game will jump to another area of game play.
As for help from game insight and their support, I sent messages several times and still I have not heard back from anyone.
No I don't have a ticket number either.
After two years I'm ready to quit this game.
Life is more important.

Dzighnman

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20efbet8
Username
A1 Dzighnman
Been a few days and repeated "solutions" from GI have not changed my inability to get the "loading" icon when starting the game, following the 5.7.12 windows update. GI references many server fixes but so far nothing has remedied my loss of game access....trying to remain patient.... have no choice.

UPDATE 8/21/17: Finally got GI to concur that I needed a reinstall to solve this issue. I suspect an incomplete app download in Windows store. Anyhow, reinstalled, played to level 3 and they are now transferring my progress to the new friend code. I think this took so long as my issue got caught up in the high volume of other update related glitches....anyhow, back to flying soon.

FINAL Update: 8/25/17: GI has finally gotten my progress restored and actually resolved some un-credited transactions. Through the whole ordeal, I am now without my neighbors and my own alliance dumped me. All in all, rebuilding the neighbor lists is not the end of the world and I am in a new alliance so probably the best I can hope for. I will be EXTREMELY more leery of new updates from here forward. Thanks to those on this forum that offered valuable advice!!!

Last edited:

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
Been a few days and repeated "solutions" from GI have not changed my inability to get the "loading" icon when starting the game, following the 5.7.12 windows update. GI references many server fixes but so far nothing has remedied my loss of game access....trying to remain patient.... have no choice.

It is unfortunate that GI could not solve the problem for. Currently my game is slow to start up and i get the occasional freezing but my game is playable.

You may need to make a full back up of the game then delete it and start from scratch. If you still have problems with your game, then its not a game problem but a windows issue.
Once you have determined it is not a computer problem play till level 5 and then restore your back up.

Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Friend Code
wj0hsef
Username
waterlow
Mine has been sorted, but I've chased for 3days to get my original game re established.

Waterlow

D

Deleted member 5399

It would be nice to have my game fixed and get my briefcase full of money I paid for when it was on sale. 336 in-game cash.
Now land is up for sale again and it would be nice to add some acreage.

Dzighnman

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20efbet8
Username
A1 Dzighnman
It is unfortunate that GI could not solve the problem for. Currently my game is slow to start up and i get the occasional freezing but my game is playable.

You may need to make a full back up of the game then delete it and start from scratch. If you still have problems with your game, then its not a game problem but a windows issue.
Once you have determined it is not a computer problem play till level 5 and then restore your back up.

Can you please describe how this is accomplished? Bearing in mind, I cannot currently access the game. GI is now replying with canned responses verbatim to earlier replies. How to backup and restore? Is it as simple as copying all files to a temp directory, installing anew then playing up to level 5? Then what? Thanks in advance. I told them I thought it was an incomplete download of the update, as the update locked up during downloading of 5.7.12, they never seemed to consider this being the problem.

Thank you!

Dzighnman

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20efbet8
Username
A1 Dzighnman
Got this reply from GI today: " We implemented fixes several times since the error initially occurred, and it was fixed with all our players. Please let me know if your game doesn't load yet." I must be the only person still having problems.... amazing! :(

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
Can you please describe how this is accomplished? Bearing in mind, I cannot currently access the game. GI is now replying with canned responses verbatim to earlier replies. How to backup and restore? Is it as simple as copying all files to a temp directory, installing anew then playing up to level 5? Then what? Thanks in advance. I told them I thought it was an incomplete download of the update, as the update locked up during downloading of 5.7.12, they never seemed to consider this being the problem.

Thank you!

You do not need to access the game, the files are stored on a folder on windows pc.

Here is the updated procedure based on a post created by itsRalphy.

Back up (Can be done as often as you want, just save the data in Subfolders by date) or after every event so that you do not lose event awards.

1. Open file explorer, click on view tab and just to right of header ensure that the box labelled Hidden folders or
items checked to make these folders available to you.
2. click on c:/users/users, or your usersname if set up that way, /appdata /local/packages /xxxxAirportcityxxxx /local state
3. copy the contains of this folder, it use to be a few files but as each update added extra items to the folder so you need to copy all files
to another location on your hard drive or a external location like a usb drive.

to restore

If you have an existing game which refuses to start, just delete the contents of c:/users/users, or your usersname if set up that way, /appdata /local/packages /xxxxAirportcityxxxx /local state and copy the contents of your back up file.
Depending on how often you backed up it could be daily or you may have lost a level or so.

if you need to start the game from scratch. Download from windows store and play about 3 levels to create the airport city folder and then copy step 2 above, delete contents of folder and paste backup in same location

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20xs01rf
Username
Thunderwulf
My game freezes after about 5 to 10 secs after loading and I keep getting the run around from GI support they say game Dev are looking for a solution then our game dev have fixed the problem please reboot game but still freezes. It s been like this since update 5.7.12

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20xs01rf
Username
Thunderwulf

IT cannot bee a windows problem if so many people are having the same problem

Dzighnman

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20efbet8
Username
A1 Dzighnman
You do not need to access the game, the files are stored on a folder on windows pc.

Here is the updated procedure based on a post created by itsRalphy.

Back up (Can be done as often as you want, just save the data in Subfolders by date) or after every event so that you do not lose event awards.

1. Open file explorer, click on view tab and just to right of header ensure that the box labelled Hidden folders or
items checked to make these folders available to you.
2. click on c:/users/users, or your usersname if set up that way, /appdata /local/packages /xxxxAirportcityxxxx /local state
3. copy the contains of this folder, it use to be a few files but as each update added extra items to the folder so you need to copy all files
to another location on your hard drive or a external location like a usb drive.

to restore

If you have an existing game which refuses to start, just delete the contents of c:/users/users, or your usersname if set up that way, /appdata /local/packages /xxxxAirportcityxxxx /local state and copy the contents of your back up file.
Depending on how often you backed up it could be daily or you may have lost a level or so.

if you need to start the game from scratch. Download from windows store and play about 3 levels to create the airport city folder and then copy step 2 above, delete contents of folder and paste backup in same location
Thank you for these details. I actually just got back to my PC and along with your reply, I have a GI reply that instructs me to reinstall and they will restore my progress after level 3. I plan to use your advice to backup on a regular basis as the GI path took 12 days of back and forth to get to the this spot. ;) Thanks much!!

Ispmark

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
wtkhcet
Username
Marko Fuel
I play with a windowsphone phone with well 3 Gb ram and it has continuous freeze, really annoying. When I complained about the problem G! told that game developers are focused on new technologies and therefore old devices can be affected. This is the future ok..., but my 3Gb ram phone does not seem so old. With the home pc with w10 sometimes it freeze, and my pc is the top of the range with an i7 and well 16 gb ram and great graphics card. Same problem with my nephew's game on his Android phone with only 2 Gb of Ram.
Am I alone having these problems?

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
  4. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM for code
Username
Speed
I play with a windowsphone phone with well 3 Gb ram and it has continuous freeze, really annoying. When I complained about the problem G! told that game developers are focused on new technologies and therefore old devices can be affected. This is the future ok..., but my 3Gb ram phone does not seem so old. With the home pc with w10 sometimes it freeze, and my pc is the top of the range with an i7 and well 16 gb ram and great graphics card. Same problem with my nephew's game on his Android phone with only 2 Gb of Ram.
Am I alone having these problems?

I'm having the same problems with freezing and/or lagging and I'm running this on a wired gaming PC that's less than 6 months old. problem must be from G!. other games that have way higher system requirements for ultra graphics settings run smoothly and without problems.

Top Bottom