Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Forge of Empires (game)

Dee

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04a6xuqcl
Username
Dee
Since they are advertising this game on tv over here, I thought I'd go check it out and played for the past hour or so. It's a browser game, and although the theme is completey different, the gameplay is actually quite similar to Airport City.

You start out with tiny village in the stone age. The game progresses through ages, requiring you to invent stuff (very similar to Civilization). You have to build residential buildings and production buildings, the residential buildings produce coins in real time and the production buildings give you supplies. You need the coins and supplies to build new buildings and military.

There is a continent map on which you can scout for new sectors, which can be conquered through battle or by negotiation. The battles are a bit lame imo, the concept is also copied from Civilization, but it's a bit boring and takes too long.

To research inventions, you need Forge points, which generate in real time. You start out with a patch of land, which you can expand by buying expansions. The currencies used are coins and diamonds, the diamonds can be bought with real cash.

There are other players in the game, which you can attack, help out (just as in AC by clicking on their buildings), and I think you can also exchange gifts and trade with them (I'm not at that point yet).

On the left of the screen you'll see icons of people giving you specific missions. I do recommend, if you decide to check it out, NOT to buy/build stuff on your own and just follow the missions. I bought some Forge points with my coins (instead of waiting for them to generate) and researched an invention, and shortly after I got missions requesting me to do just that.. I also built some huts, and was asked to built two more for a mission a little later on.

I'm not sure yet if I'm going to keep at it because these real-time games 'force' you to check in so often and it takes up quite a bit of time all-in-all. But I thought maybe there are some people here interested in a similar type of game as Airport City.

The website is: www.forgeofempires.com

You can select your country on the top-right BEFORE signing up. I signed up on the Dutch site, then decided I'd rather play on the UK site, but I couldn't log in on the UK site with my Dutch nickname. So you'll have to sign up again when you choose a different country/language. I'm playing on the UK site myself.

Top Bottom