Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows Commercials?

AKryztov

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
2022ytz9
Username
AKryztov, Azure
It’s called “balancing“ the game. Nobody was cheated. The use of videos has been out of whack for some time. It was only 5 for a long time, which expanded to 10 or 12 in recent times and became available for a lot more tasks. I tend to agree that only one per task is tough but the changes began in the last update where flight items (at least in the top tiered flights) weren’t available at all any more. You might feel robbed, but it stops the high end players from picking up, say a dozen, extra VR headsets each day which essentially allows them to fly an extra 9000 passengers.

The premise of the game is to fly airplanes. Excessive use of videos basically wiped that out for many tasks. Terminal 12, for instance, needs 80 items for construction! In the past, players would combine flying and gifts to achieve this - like many players that were well organised, I managed to do it without flights, simply because I was playing ahead and the flight weren’t even available to me. For a terminal 12, I collected all 80 items through videos - hardly the objective in GI’s game design.

Change is a regular feature of this game. One of the greatest features that keep us playing is the diversity of tasks and game play. Since many of those things crossover, when one thing is changed, it affects lots of others- the Duke feature recently that allowed the purchase of unlimited chests for 8k, changed many features to the point of ridiculous and made things far to easy to exploit. It didn’t last long.

There a loads of tweaks needed and it’s a constantly evolving game. Finding the right balance and predicting the side effects of changes would be difficult. The sooner you give up the mindset that “you’ve been cheated/robbed” and get on with modifying your play to suit the tweaks, the more you’ll enjoy playing. plenty of good comes with the bad and it’s not going to change. Get used to it or .... ;).

Edit: FWIW, I was using the videos to collect an extra 48 flight catering per day. That’s going to force some changes.
I corrected my original post and put the word "cheated" in quotes so readers will understand it to be a figurative statement. I'm not sure how it can be taken literally since to be cheated or robbed of something usually implies ownership, and I definitely don't own any commercials. But, I hope the quotes help to avoid any future confusion. Thank you for pointing that out to me. :)

Wow, 80 items. It's a good thing you had those commercials or you may still be building that Terminal 12. I don't think I've ever built any of my buildings with only commercials, but I can see where it might be the easier way to go about it.

AKryztov

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
2022ytz9
Username
AKryztov, Azure
So, it seems like it's back to working again. The timer is still there. Apparently this was an update that had a temporary glitch. I'm certainly glad they didn't do away with the commercials. On our smaller games we use most of the commercials to repair planes that ask for Light Engines and Empennages (both of which can't be gifted and hardly drop from planes). Honestly, if it weren't for commercials our smaller games wouldn't even get played because of broken planes.

Top Bottom