Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Changing Likert Scale into Percentage (Drop Rates)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04wdrrrzo
Username
Markuee
I'm not really a fan of the Likert scale that the game use. Therefore I suggest using the Percentage scale as an alternative or even an addition to the current scale. This put the user at ease whenever his/her desired item doesn't drop for a couple of time.

TMI:
I try to mathematically convert Very Seldom and Seldom scale into Percentage and here's the result:
Every item in the "Key to the White House" have a SELDOM drop rates in Washington
I have currently 290 flight send to Washington and for this example we will use Bill of Right (18+ 33) and Top Hat (8+33)
Washington.png
Key.png
Bill of Rights.jpg
Top Hat.jpg

Every Item in the "Cat Figurines" have VERY SELDOM drop rates in various location
As for this example, I use Malta (I've grinding and crying) and Ceramic Cat (1+2)

Malta.png
Cat.png
Ceramic Cat.jpg

I'm not really a fan of the Likert scale that the game use. Therefore I suggest using the Percentage scale as an alternative or even an addition to the current scale. This put the user at ease whenever his/her desired item doesn't drop for a couple of time.

TMI:
I try to mathematically convert Very Seldom and Seldom scale into Percentage and here's the result:
Every item in the "Key to the White House" have a SELDOM drop rates in Washington
I have currently 290 flight send to Washington and for this example we will use Bill of Right (18+ 33) and Top Hat (8+33)
View attachment 55390View attachment 55392View attachment 55396View attachment 55397

Every Item in the "Cat Figurines" have VERY SELDOM drop rates in various location
As for this example, I use Malta (I've grinding and crying) and Ceramic Cat (1+2)

View attachment 55393View attachment 55391View attachment 55399
Are all of these flights done without bonuses active that could increase drop rate? If so, you could calculate the average and standard deviation of the percent drop for all things in each category (i.e., very seldom, seldom, etc). Although with your low number of total flights, I would expect the standard deviation would be quite high.

From my experience in the game, there’s no correspondence between each descriptive level and a percentage.
I believe they have different percentages for the same qualitative level, depending on collections.
And I also believe this is done on purpose by GI. They don’t want players to effectively know the true drop rate behind those descriptors.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
From my experience in the game, there’s no correspondence between each descriptive level and a percentage.
I believe they have different percentages for the same qualitative level, depending on collections.
And I also believe this is done on purpose by GI. They don’t want players to effectively know the true drop rate behind those descriptors.
Yup. The drop rates are banded, so it's a range of percentages. They definitely do this so that they aren't on the hook for poor drop rates. Act aloof and the problem will go away....that's their approach to drop rates 🤷🏿‍♂️

Isn't Likert used for questionnaires and requires a large sampling?
Likert type items is a term commonly used for any ordered qualitative scale with a few categories (generally 4 to 7)
likert items are in fact used often in questionnaires, as it is a simple way for measuring attitudes and opinions

the amount of data has nothing to do with the structure used but with the statistical techniques you can apply

Top Bottom