Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Can you imagine a win-win situation?

Hi all!

First off, I wasn't ignoring this thread on purpose, but we were very busy with finishing up the 7.2 update, and releasing that update was/is a priority.

Understandably, introducing those limits for all players (100 per item type, 6 per building type) was going to be a pain for the most dedicated players, and there's no way I could somehow talk you into believing this is a good thing for you — same rules for everyone are a good thing in general, and the inventory limits should have been in the game right from the start of it as they are present in most free-to-play games and are great for game economy, but for those who play for many years, this is certainly a change for the worse — and obviously a nerfing feature isn't going to be applauded.

The thing is, those inventory limits aren't going to dissappear no matter what else happens. They are an integral part of the game rules since 2017, and many things, like a weekly alliance mission, became easier to complete with regards to those limits in place. Those limits would stay even if every one of silver and gold subscribers cancelled their subs. Subscriptions are a way to make things a little easier and say 'thank you' for the dev team, by they're a very minor thing for Airport City in terms of revenue.

Last, but not least, 7.0 release was a tremendous success. If Airport City was a TV show running for eight seasons (which in a sense it is), within a week after that update we'd be renewed for another eight seasons. You may or may not like us for it, but drastic changes and rule changes are things that keep the game alive: Airport City would have been long gone if we didn't experiment over the years and would just add new levels every few months to the base game (although personally I'd love the level cap to increase indefinitely with new cities to explore around the world).

So, for better or worse, Airport City and its rules are going to stay, and once in a while they're going to change, too, as all things in this Universe are, and for all means, please enjoy the game for what it is. ✈

Cheers,
Ivan.
I get 99.9% of what you say. And I do fully enjoy the game, I’ve been on it for 5 yrs, have almost 800 stars. I’ve been gaming for years and played pretty much every type of game you could imagine on every platform.

V 7.0 is a huge jump and looks great, some of the things on 7.2 sounds fantastic. The fact that everyone now has the same rules is also an absolute brilliant feature.

I have also played all kinds of games long enough to understand strategies around item limits etc, my biggest issue is the limit number of 100.

I cannot agree with your comment on alliance tasks , this week for example my tasks are - 58 flights to Tel avid, 40 to Prague and 343 to Ouagadougou. So I need to complete them 40 VR units, and 401 LL. Now I class myself as a fairly experienced player but in my inventory I only had at the start of the week just 50 VR units and 87 LL. ok so I can complete Prague then start to restock but to do the other two I need to also fly for LL - that is a total of 401 LL needed take away my 87 means an extra 314 flights, so 700 flights needed for tasks involving LL. In the past I could pre stock a little to help but now I cannot. And yes, I know everyone has different alliance task numbers but as they play more and build their fleet their flight numbers will go up.

I know the limit is here to stay and I will enjoy the aspect of working out how to manage limits but the above example is just crazy, I have 200 neighbor so I get some items but they will not all send LL or VR

You can apply the same scenario to Alliance map runs to. All I have said from the start is 100 is a crazy limit.

This week my gold sub ran out on the 12th, when I took it out in March I fully intended to renew, it was a huge help but I won’t with this limit, not because I’m upset with it but because why have the advantage of extra fuel and no breakdowns when I can’t get flight items in big enough numbers. That’s £100 that GI don’t get , yes it’s small compared to the 64million or so estimated players.

So V7 and subsequent updates are fantastic, but the limit is completely and utterly sized wrongly in my opinion, yes the limit needs to create challenges and strategy but when weekly alliance tasks require 300 or so flights it’s madness.

8 years is a lifetime for games and AC looks amazing now but how many new players will soon get fed up with the limit - only time will tell.

Thanks for your reply and keep up the good work on new features

I think the 7.2 feature of making most collections drop at the same rate coming in now is because of the 100 limit. Before they couldn't introduce it as it means the longer term players could absolutely hammer it and get loads of peb. Now it's limited is harder to get them (you can't burn loads of fuel as easily). Then if you do get loads you are limited to 100.

I hope this is the first of many such balancing changes after things settle with the new limit and gi can tweak things a bit more.

I'd personally like to see the alliance flights tweaked again, but I'm not sure you are supposed to be able to complete 3 flights week in week out.

My only reservation with the 7.2 changes is peb will have a higher chance of dropping but it doesn't say the items for collections that drop launch ready boxes won't decrease in chance. I hope they don't, but we'll see!

Thanks for the info as usual Ivan, I don't think I said it on the 7.2 thread as I was on the way to a family function, so was in a rush but thanks for 7.2 it looks great!

Top Bottom