Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Airport City is not a flight simulator

The title of the this thread is the lesson/guide in its entirety. There is no need to read any further other than to access just a fraction of the evidence of why it is true.

I struggled to decide where to place this thread but finally decided that it would be most beneficial to any new players starting the game. Anyone playing long term will already know that any similarity to flying in the real world is purely coincidental and visual trickery to entice you into playing long enough to get hooked on the game 😀.

This post should also help by eliminating any future need to post complaints that any “new features introduced via updates are unrealistic”. Any hope of realism is purely wishful thinking and any change that resembles reality is unintentional and should not be considered deliberate by GI.

The latest tweaks in the event mini-game are the main focus of evidence today. The overwhelmingly worst mistake that was highlighted to GI by anyone with flying experience was that the controls of the vehicle (I can’t assume it’s an aircraft just because it looks like one) were incorrect*. Of the 4 basic controls of flight vectors in most aircraft (elevation, roll, yaw and thrust), one (yaw) was eliminated to simplify the game. ⅓ of the remaining controls (elevation) was programmed completely opposite to what is considered “normal”. GI has completely ignored the advice of the majority of experts (expert- loosely defined as knowing the difference between a wing and the front of the aircraft [often referred to as “the nose”]🤪) and proceeded to make other changes simply to increase the difficulty of the tasks.

*there are those that suggest the experts’ complaints are over reaching and they should ‘get over it and adapt’. Flight is conducted in 3 planes or dimensions and the best way to show how wrong this assumption is, would be to compare it with flipping the controls of a vehicle in a simpler environment of only 2 dimensions. There are very few people that have never ridden a bicycle, so riding a bike is a great example...

The following demo is after 50 hours of training!!

Instead of correcting this issue, it would appear that tweaking the difficulty of completing the game goals was more important. The main objectives of the game are to collect gifts and pass through the main waypoints as quickly as possible. To make the game challenging, gifts are placed in various locations around the required trajectory, from one waypoint to the next. As each waypoint is reached, the trajectory changes and points to the next waypoint . With a little practice, a perfect score could be attained. To avoid the mini game being kept active indefinitely, it ends if a player moves too far away from the set route. To make things more challenging, the game ”randomly” introduces thunder storms used to block certain pathways (the characteristics of these thunderstorms vs how they affect real aircraft are a different topic again 😫). Reaction time, decision making and flying skill were all factors in the success described above, but it appeared possible that, if done correctly, a perfect score should always be achievable. My skills may have diminished significantly in recent months, but it appears that the tweaks introduced can now place the storm obstructions in locations that, if you are off track positioning yourself to chase the perfect score by collecting all gifts, your perfect position to collect the first gift can set you up so that it is impossible to reach the next one. Maybe it is still possible to get the perfect score every time but now more difficult? Maybe I’m just not as good as I thought I was 🥴🤪.

Last edited:
The one thing that I only just discovered, is that speeding up your aircraft has no advantage at all except reducing the mini game time (and thus, the boredom level). I flew every flight at max speed last time the event was on, thinking that it helped increase the prized “acceleration %”. I never actually tried a slower flight because it was relatively easy with after burners on. This time around, the positioning of the boxes was much tighter and, often when approaching a box and positioning yourself to expedite tracking back towards the checkpoint, the storm would pop up without an escape route. Having now tried flying the course at normal speed, there‘s actually very little difficulty involved (except staying awake 🥴).
In fact, I sometimes doze off to complete 15 flights. Of course, those manual flights turned out badly.

PunisherUS

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
20frp19l
Username
PunisherUS
Mini game is the worst change to the this game yet. I have flight simulators, good ones.
I have to speed up 28 flights ..... I don't have time for this.
And then a cloud pops in your path and I have to leave or spend a buck. 29 flights. Waste of my time.

Top Bottom