Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

6.10 update

And here I was thinking those planes were showing "attitude", rather than how high in the sky they were.:D:D:D Shows how much I know about aviation!

Watch what you’re saying or we will get a thread like the one where a player refuses to pay for anything because he doesn’t know where he is physically on the world map

Last thing we need is similar complaints about our altitude :D

Not sure this was mentioned but many were talking about getting crop circles.
It will now take more resources as hydraulic tool which used to drop always from
area 51 now drops often. It is about a 60% reduction from a small sample of flights
use your bonuses to increase this drop rate and save on resources. I know spy glass
works and I would assume bowl of riches does as well.

Gotta be honest I’m kind of disappointed in some of the replies I’m seeing on here bemoaning the most menial of “issues” people don’t like because the game is not 100% suited to their “needs”. And by needs I mean wishes.

AC has hundreds of thousands of users across a multitude of platforms and one user is outraged because the colours load too fast or slow (depending on which post you read) or because they only have seven days to accept a gift. Or you didn’t get enough warning that an update was happening??? Seriously, just turn off your auto-update and go find a real problem to worry about.

And the subscription people...be patient. You were warned it might not be instant, but you shelled out anyway, despite the fact updates have a history of not being perfect first time. GI also has a history of compensating when things go wrong (think server outages or planned downtime in the past year) when greenies or bonuses were issued. I’m sure they will see you right.

Not sure this was mentioned but many were talking about getting crop circles.
It will now take more resources as hydraulic tool which used to drop always from
area 51 now drops often. It is about a 60% reduction from a small sample of flights
use your bonuses to increase this drop rate and save on resources. I know spy glass
works and I would assume bowl of riches does as well.
Your not 100% correct, though.
Drop rate was Always before first collected Some Like It Hot collection and often after that. So now only the first part is missing for the new players.

Alrighty then - so I completed each of the new collections: The Tribez, Guns of Boom, Paradise Island, My Country, and Trade Island. I can see where I got the Comfort Class and Extra Fuel Can in my bonuses. But what happened to Dino, Water Pistol, and My Country? I guess they don't do anything (at least yet)? Maybe later there will be more, and each collection will contribute to a new collection with a nice reward, similar to Sky Captain???

Drop rate was Always before first collected Some Like It Hot collection and often after that. So now only the first part is missing for the new players.

I always forget about those that do that after the 1st collection. :whistle:
Making the info even more important for those who have never collected
that collection. Stock up and get those hydraulic tools before collecting.
But hey the info was kinda, sorta good. :D

I always forget about those that do that after the 1st collection. :whistle:
Making the info even more important for those who have never collected
that collection. Stock up and get those hydraulic tools before collecting.
But hey the info was kinda, sorta good. :D
Ok so as someone who never got this far last year, if I understand what youre saying, collect lots and lots of hydraulic tools before pressing finish collection, as ths drop rate changes. Useful to know, thanks

Ok so as someone who never got this far last year, if I understand what youre saying, collect lots and lots of hydraulic tools before pressing finish collection, as ths drop rate changes. Useful to know, thanks

You can check your game just go to event flights tab and click on the what you can get
box for area 51 if it says always I wouldn't finish any collections before flying to area 51.
If it says often as mine does it matters not. :cool:

And is it? Perhaps it was always before having collected the first due to the side quest...
(Edited)
I didn’t read all the thread before replying, sorry ;)

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
PM me :)
Username
dafsade
Does anybody know how the "Private Launch" works?

I just tried one thing : if someone see your launch before you click on "private launch", and he does not refresh his game, he will be able to join !

Otherwise, I don't know if nobody see your launch or they see it but are not able to join when you click on "private launch" !

this feature is a little bugged ! when you click on it, you are not able to click again to desactivate it ! you have to refresh your game (visiting madlen, close and open it) to be able to desactivate !

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Alrighty then - so I completed each of the new collections: The Tribez, Guns of Boom, Paradise Island, My Country, and Trade Island. I can see where I got the Comfort Class and Extra Fuel Can in my bonuses. But what happened to Dino, Water Pistol, and My Country? I guess they don't do anything (at least yet)? Maybe later there will be more, and each collection will contribute to a new collection with a nice reward, similar to Sky Captain???

Those collections are intended as a warm welcome to new players who just start playing Airport City to give them an idea how cool it is to complete a collection. They aren't supposed to be the uber-collections with uber-bonuses, otherwise it'll be effectively game over for anyone at level 6 — you just fly to Egypt infinitely and don't bother with anything else.

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
I just tried one thing : if someone see your launch before you click on "private launch", and he does not refresh his game, he will be able to join !

Otherwise, I don't know if nobody see your launch or they see it but are not able to join when you click on "private launch" !

this feature is a little bugged ! when you click on it, you are not able to click again to desactivate it ! you have to refresh your game (visiting madlen, close and open it) to be able to desactivate !

There's a 30 second time out between public/private change. It's both to save some trouble for our server, and to prevent some errors that might happen if anyone goes into fast tapping that button.

If you turn on "private launch" when you open the pad, it will be turn into "only-you-launch". :) Nobody can see it.

Bigglesbaz

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20so7vj6
Username
Bigglesbaz
Well, this all went down as usual — no one's discussing the actual update, but everyone's upset about a balance change made over a year ago (I'm exaggerating here a bit, of course). The updates are coming monthly with new features because our employer is a commercial company that makes profit and pays salaries to our team to make those updates. If Airport City at any point will fail to produce profit or attract new players at a desirable rate, our team will get disbanded and the only updates left will be weekly sales of expansions and Airport Cash. That's how many free to play games end up just a few months after being released.

We've very lucky to have the support of paying customers — which are just a tiny percentage of all players, that's the case with all free to play games — that pay both for our salaries and entertainment of all players who play for free. If you're reading this — thank you, and I hope you get good value for your money. I'm a paying customer myself of another very popular free to play game, and spent a crazy amount of money on it over the years to support the developers (I'm not always excited about their desicions, too, but that's their game and their rules). If you play for free and want to trash the game with 1 star rating or such — of course, you're free to do it, and some players do just that every month for over year with each new update (I'm serious, that's what I call commitment), but the point of it is lost upon me. If you hate the game so much you put a 1 star rating with every update, maybe it's time to move on and don't force yourself to play it?

Although this limit was not made the way I'd do it if given a chance, it was necessary one way or another, because it was a broken economy. Most games have limited inventory, and it's way more limited than inventory of Airport City (check out a couple of top city building games in the App Store or Google Play). Game designers should have thought about it prior to launching a game, that's true, but we took a significant tech effort to not force this limit on those players that played before it was introduced, because we respect their commitment to the game and their accrued resources. As of now, there're very few of the players that don't have the limit, it's not 'half and half', it's much closer to a drop in the ocean, so it's mostly a level playing field. Of course, this forum is generally visited by veteran players, and you get the wrong idea that everyone's up in arms about this limit, while most concerns of an average player are in the realm of 'too expensive' and 'too long to progress'.

And, of course, very few of the developers play Airport City the way proper players do, although I know at least three team members who play daily on their personal devices. There're no bonuses or priviliges for them like free Airport Cash, and the popular idea on the forum that some of the top players are our fake accounts is plain wrong. Most of the developers spend 40-50 hours every week working and playing the unstable test versions with hundreds of bugs, and it's hard to blame them for coming home and doing something else in their free time.

Cheers,
and I hope you do enjoy the next update when it comes.

P.S. As usual, this is not an official stance of Game Insight or its affiliates on any of the issues discussed, and I'm not a representative of the company or its views. For all legal purposes, this is my personal opinion and should be interpreted as such.
Great update, and I really enjoy playing the game. I get aggravated and impatient sometimes, but to me that's the sign of a good long-playing game. Being retired this game keeps me from going senile. :) Also, I have some spare cash to buy my way into it a tad quicker. I came in on the 100 limit and like everyone else I'd love to see it increased. The only bug I can find in the 6.10 is gifting: I gift by list, so scrolling down everytime I want to check a players board and then gift I have to contintinually scroll down to find them again. Great stuff otherwise and thank you. Cheers Baz :)

Top Bottom