Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Transferring AC game + data without rooting

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
r25mb4
Username
i007791
Guys, thought sharing this guide - I am sure a lot of you needed to do the same thing.
a week ago I bought Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and needed to transfer my AC game + data from my unrooted Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.
Most of the guide in the internet require source device to be rooted, well if I rooted my galaxy tab, it would wipe out the game + data.
After searching this forum and internet, I finally found a way to do this transfer without rooting the source device. I follow the instruction in this link http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...up-restore-without-root-galaxy-nexus-mac.html and it worked.
Some notes:
1) the guide says it is for samsung galaxy nexus, but it also works for my devices: samsung galaxy tab 10.1 (source device) and samsung galaxy note 10.1 (target device) - it only works for devices with ICS or JB.
2) you need to install android sdk here: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html including platform-tools in your PC (in my case it is Windows XP)
3) then open DOS/command and navigate to c:\documents and settings\<your windows user>\local settings\application data\android\android-sdk\platform-tools
4) follow the instructions in the first link above for back up and restore package called com.gameinsight.airport
5) here is the command I use for back up: adb backup -f /backup/com.gameinsight.airport.ab -apk com.gameinsight.airport - this should create a file called com.gameinsight.airport.ab in directory c:\backup
6) here is the command I use for restore: adb restore /backup/com.gameinsight.airport.ab
7) voila, your AC game + data should be now available in your target device!

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
r25mb4
Username
i007791
I tried the WugFresh's Nexus Root Toolkit. It created AC gamed + data back up successfully but it was unabled to restore the ab file into target device.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
see my signature
Username
see my signature
i007791 - If you do a google search - you will come across a few ways to backup your unrooted device. Sadly most of them tend to be device/model specific or make specific and generally speaking are not meant to be used to move the data between devices. They are really to be used to backup your device, root it and then restore the data.

Hope that makes sense...

Some manufactures (like Asus) provide their own backup software that does not need root access and I have heard that some pay software will let you backup your device.

It is just a matter of if you are trying to backup your entire device in one, or backing up to restore back or backing up to move it to another device.

Bear in mind that GIS make two versions (even and odd numbered) of the AC game and which one you need is device specific. Though I have been able to run the other version on my device I would not recommend it as there must be a reason why they make two versions (which is still not obvious to me yet)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
r25mb4
Username
i007791
tdv - yes, you are right. the steps i explained above was to back up a specific com data then restore this back up on other device. in my case, to other samsung device with other model. i have not tried restoring back up to other non-samsung devices. i don't use specific 3rd party software. the android SDK tools, in this case, ADB tool, may allow you to back up/restore any android device ICS or JB.

Device
  1. Android
Most of the guide in the internet require source device to be rooted, well if I rooted my galaxy tab, it would wipe out the game + data.

If you know what you're doing you shouldn't lose your game + data after rooting. I rooted my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 because of a stupid Samsung bug which caused crashes when I wanted to enter text in a text field. So, for example, I couldn't enter friend codes anymore because AC would crash. After rooting my device, all my apps and data were untouched and I was able to fix my problem.

Top Bottom