Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Slightly Off-Topic Debate Question

Device
  1. Android
Is it inappropriate to remove a person from your alliance because of their NSFW name, or is it your duty to the other members?

The bullet points are as follows:

1) There is a player in mine who keeps changing their user name to NSFW combinations, now including emojis.
2) As far as I know, they are not forum members, so I can not communicate with them.
3) They speak a language foreign to mine, so I did not realize this when they first applied until I started looking the words up to translate. (Lesson learned on that front!)
4) They consistently meet the minimum alliance requirements, so performance is not an issue. Further, I'd say that they perform better than most other members.
5) I do not discriminate against players for being non-members of the forum, and thus far have only kicked people for not performing.
6) I have to believe that the names are intentionally inappropriate. I don't want to deprive someone of their freedom of expression, but a) other members to have to see that and b) it may keep new players from joining. On the other hand, having someone do all their tasks covers for those who do none and they can always report the name...

What is the right move here?

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20nypra11
Username
MAC AIR
Short answer is no, but also depends on your personal view and standards. Personally I know I would not like having someone like that in my alliance but you are right they do have right to freedom of expression, just not in your alliance. The reality is kick them and I am sure they will find another alliance pretty quickly and no one will think too much of it.

Device
  1. Android
use the in game feature to report the name as offensive
Thank you. I will probably do this regardless of any other decisions.

Short answer is no, but also depends on your personal view and standards. Personally I know I would not like having someone like that in my alliance but you are right they do have right to freedom of expression, just not in your alliance. The reality is kick them and I am sure they will find another alliance pretty quickly and no one will think too much of it.
Thanks. You have a good point!
While I do not prefer these things, most stuff doesn't bother me unless it's specifically derogatory (i.e. racist). I did wonder if it is just their Facebook name as a game name, though. Idk if it works that way.

Top Bottom