Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

In what order to buy/upgrade

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
91h526
Username
Melanie <3
Righty guys,

as you all know, we girls love to shop (and never have the money *sigh*) and I am working currently on my AC shopping list. but in what order to buy/upgrade? I give you my current config and then I wait your thoughts, ideas. Deal?

Terminal 5
Runway 5
Tower 5
Repair Base 5 (I guess, it is the one needed for Jumbos)
3 x Hangar 3
4 x Hangar 4
1 x Turboprop, 1 x Jet, 3 x Delta, 2 x Powerful Delta

What I want/need:
Terminal 6
Tower 6
Hangar 5
Jumbo :heart:
Land expansion (rather tight in Melanie Town and not any better on Melanie International Airport)

Items needed for Terminal are all collected, Items missing for Tower will hopefully be collected soon (your help is much appreciated, see Signature :) )

Obviously I do not like to wait for my Jumbo (but no imminent need as I still have plenty of flights with Deltas and Powerful Deltas to collect the items and stars), so my idea would be:

Sell 1 Delta and buy 1 Jumbo, then Tower, then Land, then Hangar, then another Jumbo, then Terminal.

Quick look in my purse tells me 35.000 cash and 12 Greens, so plenty of time to discuss my expansion plans.

Your thoughts?

Dee

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04a6xuqcl
Username
Dee
Lol, I went throuh the same problem, what to upgrade first? Since it takes such a LONG time to accumulate the coins needed.

I got land expansion 7 before I went on to getting a jumbo, because I knew gathering the neccessary passengers was going to be a problem. It was difficult enough getting the delta and powerful delta into the air!

I have 6 planes, the powerful prop-driven one (the small green one, it actually makes the most cash per minute, plus it helps gathering items for the Business Class bonus), turboprop, jet, delta, powerful delta and jumbo. Before getting the jumbo I made sure I had the repair base upgraded. After I got all the stars on the jet destinations, I sold the 2nd jet and got the jumbo. Then after that I upgraded the terminal.

Now I'm also thinking about what to do. I could upgrade to Tower 5 and get another hangar, but space is TIGHT. If I do the tower upgrade and get an extra hanger, I don't have any room left for a power source. Plus an extra plane means I need even more passengers. The next land EP is 400.000 (!) which is going to take forever to accumulate. And will I put it on the airport side or city side? :-/

Melanie,

You should upgrade Terminal 6 first, because having more passengers than needed is always better.
"Bali Too" is at level 30 right now, Town Hall is only at Level 4 but I have no problem to fill a Terminal Level 6 (660 capacity).

In the morning when the flights arrive, as long as I have filled my Terminal 6 to its capacity before I sleep, I have more than enough passengers to send my 2 Powerful Deltas immediately, then collect from my buildings to fill the terminal and wait for fuel to send the Deltas on their way.

Terminal 6, Runway 5, then Repair Base 5 should be built before you attempt to buy any Jumbos.

In the worst case scenario, you Jumbo may need repairs after its first flight (happened to "Bali Hi" - my other game).
(1) You have to collect enough cash to build Repair Base 5,
(2) Wait 48 hours to construct,
(3) Get TV, Air Vent, Grinder, Controller (all difficult to get on your own),
(4) Altimeter spare part required to fix the Jumbo
(5) In the meantime, all your planes breaks down 1 by 1, until all 7 are out of order
(6) You are forced to spend cash to buy the Altimeter out of frustration.

Building Repair Base 5 before you buy Jumbo is highly recommended.
Worst thing to do is buy Jumbo, without building a Runway 5 first. Jumbo will be stuck in hanger.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
Well here is my opinion, you did ask for it. ;)
I agree with Bali Hi but will go further. You need to get the infrastrucutre in place before you start as service. I notice you have a Lvl 5 runway, that is good as you can land guest Jumbos (really they are 747s "The Queen of the Skies" :heart: ) and get extra revenue.
Now as Bali Hi says build the Lvl 6 Terminal first as during construction you immediately get 660 capacity :angel: , but the extra capacity is always useful.
Then the Lvl 5 Maintenance facility, I waited until my Powerful Deltas broke down, repaired them then started the construction, in the end 3 of my 7 planes broke down during the construciton preriod. It is really frustrating having your "best" plane, and certainly most expensive, broken down with no ability to repair.
But what is missing is the ability to generate the passengers. I notice that you have House with Pools, which indicates you are a regular player, 12 pax every 20 minutes, but if you play every hour then Mansions maybe better, more pax per tap and storage. My preference is for the Multi-Level Buildings as they generate and store large number of pax, great when you wake up in the morning and you need to send out your bank of flights, the problem is that take 9 squares.
I have also noticed that you still have Wind Turbines, if you need electricity in those tight spots I would think about converting them to Solar Panels.
If you do fly jumbos, or even the Long Range Planes, you will likely need more Flight Catering Facilities than you have. So I suggest you build up a cache of Flight Catering, Osciliating Beacons, Navigation Modules and Spare Propellers all of which you will require for a Jumbo flight.
However with the low number of land blocks that you have I would suggest you buy the land with coins when it is still "cheap", that is I would not buy anything over 250k in coins. Best to go on the Airport side, you can transfer the Flight Catering Facilites there to give you more space on the City side. This is probably my first purchase.
Now do remember you need lots of stars to unlock the Jumbo destinations, so make sure you have them before you purchase the plane.
Finally I have to declare that I still have not purchased my Jumbo yet. i am still saving up to put into my place infrastructure requirements before I will buy the Tower and Hanger. :angel:

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
91h526
Username
Melanie <3
Thanks guys, sweet...

Bali Hi: my repair base is done and running, so no worries. was the first upgrade I did..And I do have a Runway 5 too. (Not that I mentioned any of this in my thread starter.... ;) )

Blackcloud: passengers are the least of my worries , clever flight planing combined with plenty of time playing to collect passengers sorts that out despite my lvl 3 Town Hall and only 174/360 citizens.... You might have noticed my 3 coal stations, that gives me currently 232/284 electricity wise, nothing to worry either. Flight catering is not an issue thanks to my much beloved friends on AC (thanks guys :heart: ) same goes for beacons, propellers etc... I am at 81 stars, no worries there...

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
Thanks guys, sweet...

Bali Hi: my repair base is done and running, so no worries. was the first upgrade I did..And I do have a Runway 5 too. (Not that I mentioned any of this in my thread starter.... ;) )

Blackcloud: passengers are the least of my worries , clever flight planing combined with plenty of time playing to collect passengers sorts that out despite my lvl 3 Town Hall and only 174/360 citizens.... You might have noticed my 3 coal stations, that gives me currently 232/284 electricity wise, nothing to worry either. Flight catering is not an issue thanks to my much beloved friends on AC (thanks guys :heart: ) same goes for beacons, propellers etc... I am at 81 stars, no worries there...
Flight planning, I tried that but it takes too long to work out, although I admit to accelerating planes during the day to try to give a plane each hour, then I can fit AC in with various breaks during work :sleepy:
So it seems you need to upgrade the Terminal, Tower and then Hanger and finally a Jumbo, which is close to what I need to do. I reserved a space for the additional hanger on my Airport side.
Good luck I look forward to hearing of what your investment decisions are. B)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
91h526
Username
Melanie <3
>>Flight planning is not a major task , just some little algorithm :idea: , nothing compared to the decision of what planes to send to a certain destination at what time at what day of a week in real life. I'll study fleet management in aviation next year and just started a kind of introduction year, side by side to my normal school life :blush:
Big decision is between:

Sell delta, buy Jumbo and then start tower and hangar and terminal
or
Buy tower, buy hangar, buy jumbo, buy terminal

Still not sure, financially and 'star'wise it would be more reasonable and wait with the jumbo :heart: purchase....

But I am a girl :angel: and I want it, NOW!!! :s

Melanie,

I should read your original post more thoroughly... :blush: I should have visited your airport to see your buildings too, unfortunately I cannot visit neighbours at the moment (old version).

So you are already on the right path, having built the Repair Base 5 & Runaway 5. I still think you need to build Terminal 6 before you buy a Jumbo. Jumbos are a big drain on resources. Without a bigger terminal, some of your planes will be sitting idle for the first 2 hours of the day, despite the best planning.

Hanger 6 is not a priority. You can always buy a cheap Level 1 Hanger (works for Jumbos) and upgrade later when you have enough money and need to sell a Jet / Delta to buy a Propeller Plane / Turboprop to complete a mission.

So I would: Upgrade Terminal 6, Sell Delta, buy Jumbo, Upgrade Tower 6 , Buy Hanger 1 (or 6 if you have enough coins).

If you need help for items for Terminal 6, just PM me.

Top Bottom