Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Gifting Items - How Does This Work?

This (among other things) really confuses me about this game. My list of gifts that I can send does not line up with the actual inventory that I have.

If I try to send something I don't actually have, will it send?
If they send it back, will I actually have it then?
If I try to send something that I *do* have, does my inventory get depleted?

The neighbor system seems to be based on mutual benefit...visit someone, get stuff, and then the host gets stuff too. So, I'm wondering if the gifting system is too.

Thanks for the clarification.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
Sending gifts has no impact on your inventory it is completely separate, ie you can sends gifts that you do not have in your inventory, in fact you can gift things that you may need to complete buildings.
Received gifts will be added to your inventory.
Note: In the gifting screen if you press the "Send in return" button and you do not have the item in your list , you will in fact send a different item that matches the position in your gift list eg. item 10 in their list will equal item 10 in yours.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
agmt6c4
Username
BrkTwn+(what I need)
Note: In the gifting screen if you press the "Send in return" button and you do not have the item in your list , you will in fact send a different item that matches the position in your gift list eg. item 10 in their list will equal item 10 in yours.
So the list of "gifts is different for each user? Is it randomized for each player?
Also the "Send in return" is not always available. Why?

Yes, basically everyone has a slightly different gift list, depending on their level and game version (GI updates the game and introduce new quests every 2 - 4 weeks).

"Send in return" is not available if you have already sent that person an item.
You can only send 1 item per day per person to your 20 neighbours.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
see my signature
Username
see my signature
This is how it works (in android world anyway):

In total you have 20 gifts you can send to your neighbours per day. You might find that it does not reset every day at 00:00hrs (might be 24hrs after the last item is sent or something).

You are restricted to 1 gift per neighbour per day.

In your gifting tab you have a set of items (I think it is still 35 in total) out of which you can choose to gift to your neigbours.

You can send the same item to all or different items to different people (within the guidelines above)

Most times go in groups - so fuel20 and passengers10 is a goup - you will have one of these (never both) another example is Jet engine and Tyre - again you will only have one of these...

So let go with you have jet engine and your neighbour has tyre

You can send jet engine to your neighbour - he has a choice either send you the tyre in return or click on "send in return" and it will send the jet engine back to you. Upto now I have used this as a good way to have items sent back to me (e.g. fuel20 which I can send - is sent back to me).

I am not too sure if GIS have made any changes regarding gifting back - i.e if you neighbour tries to send back your jet engine you infact get a tyre) - I shall do some tests to check this claim.

Which ever choice you take to send an item that neighbours "send gift" will be dimmed or "send in return" will be dimmed

Hope that kind of makes sense :exclamation:

Edit: typed all this only to find out Bali has already replied!!! doh!!

must_dash

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
must,_dash
Username
must,_dash
I get the impression that GI have enough problems getting the game to work across the various operating systems and devices that a guide would be useless. Looking at another thread there is a huge difference in iPad buildings and Android buildings.

Top Bottom