Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows Cinemania 2020 messed up rankings: finished 2 after been ahead 2000 tickets all day last day !?

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20r1jac7z
Username
Pilot 1
I jumped whomever to get 2nd place from 7th or 8th place by collecting all the "task" point rewards at the end of the event....about 15 minutes before the event ended. There were a total of 3100 "task reward" points to be gained if you completed all the tasks in my group. I waited till the end to cash them in to see if I was close enough to lull 1st place into thinking they didn't need to play anymore. They knew about the 3100 point "possibility" and played as such. Sneaky people. It's not cheating, just managing how bad you want 1st place and the effort, time, planning, resources you want to put into this "stupid" game. 😂 😂

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20af7g44j
Username
Kobra
2000 is easily gained if your competitor didn’t collect the rewards from completing tasks. So, 2000 pts difference is really nothing.

If I were the position 2, I’d do exactly the same thing. Scope the competition out, with the points from completing tasks, I can take over the 1st easily (or at least try).
Lol, did the same to a pest that was battling me the whole weekend. Held on to 600 until the very last minute to burn him by 400 at the end. So, was going to tell Tiberiu the same thing probably happened to him.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20af7g44j
Username
Kobra
I jumped whomever to get 2nd place from 7th or 8th place by collecting all the "task" point rewards at the end of the event....about 15 minutes before the event ended. There were a total of 3100 "task reward" points to be gained if you completed all the tasks in my group. I waited till the end to cash them in to see if I was close enough to lull 1st place into thinking they didn't need to play anymore. They knew about the 3100 point "possibility" and played as such. Sneaky people. It's not cheating, just managing how bad you want 1st place and the effort, time, planning, resources you want to put into this "stupid" game. 😂 😂
Just look at it as playing airport poker. lol

Arch

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gxsm0eq
Username
Arch
I usually don't compete but this time I did because I noticed I was up there. I was in there the last 15 mins watching and ramping up tickets. 400 tickets behind 1st.
Somehow I ended up 3rd. That's fine, what gets me is that I couldn't see the final ticket numbers for everyone. Did my final 10mins of tickets count? who won? etc..
Odd black hole on this. Kinda feels sketchy.

Yes it would be nice to see the final league table. Unfortunately the event finished at around 4am for me so if I'm in the running, which usually going for top 3, it is just doing what I can and hoping others have no more big caches of currency. This event I went to bed in 1st position on 3 accounts and woke up with 2 seconds and a first but I have no idea how close or even who beat me (though I can guess). I always knew that didn't quite have enough points lead to completely shut out the opposition. Though on my lowest level account I still got first despite only having a 500 point lead when I went to bed.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20dtpt3h
Username
Tiberiu
@V_421 you did the boost 45 minutes before the end which means your competition could have seen it. I saw nothing of that sort and watched closely until the end.
@Vikas Rana you saw your competition doing the boost 1 hour before the end and event took a screen capture of it.

Like the above all of you had the opportunity to see and react to this. Somehow I have faced the savviest of them villains who just went completely unnoticed.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20dtpt3h
Username
Tiberiu
The server is counting for the last 10 minutes after that no ... so if you play for the last 5 minutes it will not count for the competition score the same with alliance and flight weekly rank.
But if there is drop you will get it but counting the pax or flights it will not counted.
Always in the last hour its you chance 10 minutes gone and 50 minutes will be recorded.
Also if you think something wrong take a screenshot and send it to Gi they will check the record and if you deserve 1st they will send you the award chest ;) (y)

Husam I did not take a screen shot of the rankings I did not expect such issues.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20dtpt3h
Username
Tiberiu
I usually don't compete but this time I did because I noticed I was up there. I was in there the last 15 mins watching and ramping up tickets. 400 tickets behind 1st.
Somehow I ended up 3rd. That's fine, what gets me is that I couldn't see the final ticket numbers for everyone. Did my final 10mins of tickets count? who won? etc..
Odd black hole on this. Kinda feels sketchy.

That's exactly the point. There's no way to check what happened that's why I blame GI for messing up the scores. They should be accountable for the scoring since the competitor always consume some real or game currency but somehow they've got away with it. Where is the proof that their scoring is legit? I would like to know if someone has outplayed me in the last 10 minutes where do I see that?

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20dtpt3h
Username
Tiberiu
I was 1st then someone came and took 1st from me and then between me and him about 3000 but in the last day the and last 4 hours i change the result i took 1st again and he was shocked of course how 3000 between me nd him and i pass him ;) this is normal and easy i know your feeling this happen to me when i start the game for taking 1st place in flight destination or launches and someone come and take it from 2 weeks back my alliance was in 1st place and then some alliance take 1st from us last day.
But Husam, you saw that happening. You did the boost 1 hour before end. I saw nothing, until the very end I was 2000 points ahead.

IMG_3075.PNG
image0 (2).png

I took this screenshot with just over 2 minutes remaining in the contest and then redeemed my event task tickets to take over 1st place. It's a part of event strategy. I have noticed that there are no updates to the leaderboards in the last 10 minutes, but tickets are still being added to our totals in the final 10 minutes. The person that was in first place seems to have taking it well because we are still exchanging fuel gifts the past few days lol. But it would be nice if GI did publish the final leaderboard.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20dtpt3h
Username
Tiberiu
@Tiberiu I do Sympathies with you, but 2K wasnt much of a buffer when you can collect 2800 Ticket just by collecting Task Completion Currency. I worked out that during the last event you needed to have 6K buffer for your to rest easy. In my case 6K worked a treat and i got first position.
View attachment 43258View attachment 43259
I took this screenshot with just over 2 minutes remaining in the contest and then redeemed my event task tickets to take over 1st place. It's a part of event strategy. I have noticed that there are no updates to the leaderboards in the last 10 minutes, but tickets are still being added to our totals in the final 10 minutes. The person that was in first place seems to have taking it well because we are still exchanging fuel gifts the past few days lol. But it would be nice if GI did publish the final leaderboard.
This is very useful to know basically the only buffer that secures the first place is one that tops the rewards and the max event currency that can be gain with fuel speedups and bonus in that period.
This example is very close to what I experience, about the same gap in rankings and I suppose I was outplayed the same way.
Many thanks for sharing this!

Hyperion1722

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04z32u99
Username
Hyperion1722
Hi everyone, sadly my first post on this forum is about the absurd ranking in the latest airport city event. I was top 1 with about 2000 tickets ahead the second place the entire day but this morning I got the message that I finished in position 2! I have good internet connection and it was up the entire day. Also the game was open the entire day.
The 2000 tickets advance requires a few hours continuous effort from my competitors to catch me up if I sit idle which was not the case.
I have participated in the previous competitions with the new format having won 2 of them and finished on pos 2 in another one. I do have the experience (and the unfortunate investment of time and money) to compete in this game.
I filled a support request with little hope for the problem to be fixed - maybe my display was wrong, maybe it was a raining day, whatever.

Please be aware, the competitions on Airport city events are not organized by professional people. A ranking displacement of this magnitude when everything is counted digitally does not happen in any other online games. I, for one, after investing +$100 in this game will not pay for anything with real money and will not consider the events competition. If I want to play the lottery, I know where to find it.

Also, many thanks to the forum contributors, I have regularly read the forum in past months to bad I found this problem to make the effort to join.
They might have collected the rewards at the closing end of the game.

Top Bottom