Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Carnauba Sikorsky S-38 amphibian airplane; the history behind it

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20halcdzw
Username
Cassandra
Just a bit of knowledge I wanted to share with the true aviation buffs in the game. I live in Racine, Wisconsin and have passed this factory multiple times from when my daughter went to pre-k 10 years ago. The factory is owned and operated by the SC Johnson Company, or Samuel Curtis Johnson and has been in operation since around 1886. Attached to the factory is a glass walled museum like structure one might find at the Smithsonian Institute where planes and rockets and other items are displayed . Besides making cleaning and car care products Samuel had a passion for flying. Now this plane hangs above the floor for all to see when they visit Racine. It is a
scjohnson aircraft.jpg
Carnauba-crew.jpg
. dating from around 1935 that HF Johnson was the pilot who flew this plane into the Amazon rainforest in Brazil in search of a very particular tree that is part of the history regarding SC Johnsons waxes and polished for nearly 100 years. Here is a link if you wish to read about the expedition they took in search of this special tree https://www.scjohnson.com/en/about-...auba-expedition-was-a-life-changing-adventure

Top Bottom