Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows - Weekly Trading Thread - March 21st 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
@m-bari Just curious - when you restore the game, do you replace the entire LocalState folder? Does that put back your original profile code and everything? I've been backing up that folder daily and putting it on a flash drive for "just in case", but realized I wasn't sure what to do with it if I lost my game.
Hi - only copy 2 files from the local state folder, and have used them to restore a few times and it works every time. I follow the following:-

GAME CRASH TACTICS
DAILY INSTRUCTIONS

1) Open file explorer, click on the view tab and just to the right of the header ensure the box, Hidden files or items is checked.
2) You can manually save the game each day if you feel comfortable with that, by going to: This PC. Click on C/users/username/AppData/Local/Packages/xxxxxxAirportCityxxxxx/LocalState
3) In this folder there is a SaveProfile.bin file. Copy and paste it, preferably on another drive, SDCard, Thumb drive, but not on the same drive you are using for OS. Note that again unless the hidden items box is not checked under the view tab, a user cannot see the AppData folder. (I also do this with playerpref.dat)
4) If you save a shortcut on your desktop, it is eveen easier.
RECOVERY INSTRUCTIONS
1) If your game should happen to crash and revert back to level 1, all you need to do is get the game to level 5 first, close the game and the LocalState folder is created along with the first SaveProfile.bin file.
2) Go to where you saved your own bin file earlier, copy it and paste it into the LocalState folder, replacing the one already there.
3) Open the game once again and you should be right where you left off.
NOTE/WARNING
Some players can use this technique to cheat. It works for me as purely a back up for lost games, and is only recommended in that context.

Hi - only copy 2 files from the local state folder, and have used them to restore a few times and it works every time. I follow the following:-

GAME CRASH TACTICS
DAILY INSTRUCTIONS

1) Open file explorer, click on the view tab and just to the right of the header ensure the box, Hidden files or items is checked.
2) You can manually save the game each day if you feel comfortable with that, by going to: This PC. Click on C/users/username/AppData/Local/Packages/xxxxxxAirportCityxxxxx/LocalState
3) In this folder there is a SaveProfile.bin file. Copy and paste it, preferably on another drive, SDCard, Thumb drive, but not on the same drive you are using for OS. Note that again unless the hidden items box is not checked under the view tab, a user cannot see the AppData folder. (I also do this with playerpref.dat)
RECOVERY INSTRUCTIONS
1) If your game should happen to crash and revert back to level 1, all you need to do is get the game to level 5 first, close the game and the LocalState folder is created along with the first SaveProfile.bin file.
2) Go to where you saved your own bin file earlier, copy it and paste it into the LocalState folder, replacing the one already there.
NOTE/WARNING
Some players can use this technique to cheat. It works for me as purely a back up for lost games, and is only recommended in that context.
Thanks. I copy/pasted these instructions and put them in my backup folder.

GAME CRASH TACTICS
DAILY INSTRUCTIONS

RECOVERY INSTRUCTIONS
NOTE/WARNING
I copy these files: playerprefs.dat, profilehastable.bin, savegame.bin, saveprofile.bin, when my game crashed to lev 1 I went put these files right away in my localstate folder, brought my ac game back up I played right where I left off, dident need to play the game to lv 5

D

Deleted member 5399

All Gifts out from !KB and !KB2 for today.
On another note. Does anyone have ideas on if these are new maps to acquire from Croocker, or are they specialty maps from some reward?
I would think Mesopotamia is the main map and the others branch off much like one would fly to Western or Southern Europe and gain other maps.

Attachments

• New_Maps.PNG
    New_Maps.PNG
    553.9 KB · Views: 108
  • New_Maps2.PNG
    New_Maps2.PNG
    666.9 KB · Views: 101

GAME CRASH TACTICS
DAILY INSTRUCTIONS

RECOVERY INSTRUCTIONS
NOTE/WARNING
1)I am copy the LocalState folder including every thing and paste it in other drive is my way wrong?
2)Also there SaveProfile_backup.bin shall i save it too or not.
3)Last question this is also saving all neighbors too?
Thanks

All Gifts out from !KB and !KB2 for today.
On another note. Does anyone have ideas on if these are new maps to acquire from Croocker, or are they specialty maps from some reward?
I would think Mesopotamia is the main map and the others branch off much like one would fly to Western or Southern Europe and gain other maps.
This Maps you can buy from Duke from Adventure flight or you can buy from the store with 1 Airport cash each and flight to destination to bring the Map chest

1)I am copy the LocalState folder including every thing and paste it in other drive is my way wrong?
2)Also there SaveProfile_backup.bin shall i save it too or not.
3)Last question this is also saving all neighbors too?
Thanks
There is no right or wrong as we shouldn't need to do any of this. I have found just these two files is enough, and the game reopens at the point it was at when you copied them, including all neighbours, stars, cash, greenies the lot. Anything since the last time you copied will go - but going back say 12 hours is better than going back 4 months or longer.

There is no right or wrong as we shouldn't need to do any of this. I have found just these two files is enough, and the game reopens at the point it was at when you copied them, including all neighbours, stars, cash, greenies the lot. Anything since the last time you copied will go - but going back say 12 hours is better than going back 4 months or longer.

Indeed, deciding GI was going to likely not solve my issue and just replacing the files was of no help. I used a restore point about 4 days back which enabled my game to work again, I then restored the files from just over a day ago and voila, I am up and running.

Steve26

150+ Star Club
Hi all

Apologies for the lack of gifts recently. Have been having some issues with the game and with my PC in general.

Hope to be back up and running soon - I see there is a new event but I haven't received this yet as my Windows store app is not working:(. I have tried fixing this but this does not seem to work using advertised solutions. My start menu and WiFi driver are also broken.

Steve

Thanks for this information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom