Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Age of Ash

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
Hi Ryder. This is exactly the problem I encountered. When I restarted my tablet and then started up AC again, the damaged roads went away. If this is going to be an ongoing process in this event (roads getting randomly damaged), then I am most likely going to pass on playing this event. I have already informed GI Support of my decision, not that they will pay attention.

For those of you who decide to play this event, I wish you the best of luck.

I forgot to add that I too am having difficulty sending gifts. It seems that every time I try to send a gift to anyone, it says that I have reached my daily limit of 20, or that I cannot send more than one gift to a neighbor. I do not know what is going on with gift sending. There used to be a display that said you count send x out of 20 daily gifts. I do not recall seeing that information displayed in some time.

Thank you for the apology by the way, GI Support. While it is good to know that I am not the only player experiencing these 'damaged road' problems, I feel the pain of those other players who have experienced the same 'damaged road' problems that I reported.

You are incorrect in what you say (see screenshot). I have a road adjoining the cottage and the manor, but the building indicates that a road is required. This happened after a couple of hours of playing the game - it's like it's on a timer and then it just happened.

I should also point out that in this situation, I am unable to move the cottage or the manor and I am unable to rebuild that particular patch of road.
View attachment 4346

Last edited:

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Hi Ryder. This is exactly the problem I encountered. When I restarted my tablet and then started up AC again, the damaged roads went away. If this is going to be an ongoing process in this event (roads getting randomly damaged), then I am most likely going to pass on playing this event. I have already informed GI Support of my decision, not that they will pay attention.

For those of you who decide to play this event, I wish you the best of luck.

I forgot to add that I too am having difficulty sending gifts. It seems that every time I try to send a gift to anyone, it says that I have reached my daily limit of 20, or that I cannot send more than one gift to a neighbor. I do not know what is going on with gift sending. There used to be a display that said you count send x out of 20 daily gifts. I do not recall seeing that information displayed in some time.

Thank you for the apology by the way, GI Support. While it is good to know that I am not the only player experiencing these 'damaged road' problems, I feel the pain of those other players who have experienced the same 'damaged road' problems that I reported.

I'm the one to blame either directly or indirectly for any problems you encounter. GI Support team on the contrary only deals with those problems that we unleash on you (and therefore them) with every update. Please be polite with them when you write a ticket, they're not the reason the special event is too hard, or gifts not working etc.

Speaking of the problems: we'll try to do a bugfix release next week to address most annoying things you've found that we haven't.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
Hi Freeplay.

I apologize that my posting suggested that I was looking to blame someone for the difficulties that the last update (including the Age of Ash event) have generated in my Airport City game. I am sure that my frustration was clearly evident in the posting. The email to GI Support was to inform them of the difficulties I am encountering, and the frustration I am experiencing. Hopefully they can pass on my observations and experiences to the Airport City developers.

I have no problem with the complexity of the 'Age of Ash' event. Due to the size of my city it is highly unlikely that I have enough resources or time to complete the event in the 20 day window. I expect this. In point of fact. It took me two tries to get the University and the Bad Santa events completed, and the Halloween event too come to think of it.

What annoys me is when complications (okay call them bugs) appear that impact the general ability to play the game. The 'damaged roads' are a good example, as is the recent 'freezing every 3 to 4 seconds' bug that impacted Airport City a month or so ago. Airport City is played on a large range of different platforms, which is a support headache to say the least. I do not envy the Airport City tech support staff or the developers the job of determining what is causing the problems, and how to fix them.

I should not have said 'thanks for screwing up my game' in the email to GI Support, but I did. If nothing else, it made the extent of my frustration with the new event, crystal clear. I was actually looking forward to the "Age of Ash" event, and suddenly I had the rug pulled out from under me. I can speak only for myself when I say that there seems to be a pattern, where updates to Airport City generate problems, such to the point that future updates and enhancements are viewed with distrust.

Airport City is a game, and by definition a game is supposed to be fun. These bugs do not make the game fun. I count myself lucky that these updates have never 'reset' the level of my city to a lower number. I wonder how long my luck will hold?

Best of luck with your bug fix next week. It is good to know that someone involved with Airport City is reading the postings in these forums.
Canadian Cowboy.

I'm the one to blame either directly or indirectly for any problems you encounter. GI Support team on the contrary only deals with those problems that we unleash on you (and therefore them) with every update. Please be polite with them when you write a ticket, they're not the reason the special event is too hard, or gifts not working etc.

Speaking of the problems: we'll try to do a bugfix release next week to address most annoying things you've found that we haven't.

-311vader-

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Vadersaber311
Username
Vadersaber311
Volcano drops????

I've used 3 Jackhammers so far and nothing happens to the volcano when the time expires. And I had a Spy Glass active for all 3. What is supposed to happen? Also, I've noticed a bunch of visited icons on my Volcano, but there is no option for me to visit a neighbor's volcano. Is that normal?

I too have had ZERO drops for the "Cold War" collection a numerous flights yesterday and many more today (Spy Glass active today). Not cool. How to collect 10x???

suzy

350+ Star Club
Guys I think I may have a problem
Does anybody get the chainsaws that I have been sending?? My counter does not drop from 20 to zero, and it does not mention
that I have send gifts.. I can still receive gifts but I am not sure about gifts that I have sent.. can anybody confirm this???
Does anybody know a solution?

Hi Freeplay.

I apologize that my posting suggested that I was looking to blame someone for the difficulties that the last update (including the Age of Ash event) have generated in my Airport City game. I am sure that my frustration was clearly evident in the posting. The email to GI Support was to inform them of the difficulties I am encountering, and the frustration I am experiencing. Hopefully they can pass on my observations and experiences to the Airport City developers.

I have no problem with the complexity of the 'Age of Ash' event. Due to the size of my city it is highly unlikely that I have enough resources or time to complete the event in the 20 day window. I expect this. In point of fact. It took me two tries to get the University and the Bad Santa events completed, and the Halloween event too come to think of it.

What annoys me is when complications (okay call them bugs) appear that impact the general ability to play the game. The 'damaged roads' are a good example, as is the recent 'freezing every 3 to 4 seconds' bug that impacted Airport City a month or so ago. Airport City is played on a large range of different platforms, which is a support headache to say the least. I do not envy the Airport City tech support staff or the developers the job of determining what is causing the problems, and how to fix them.

I should not have said 'thanks for screwing up my game' in the email to GI Support, but I did. If nothing else, it made the extent of my frustration with the new event, crystal clear. I was actually looking forward to the "Age of Ash" event, and suddenly I had the rug pulled out from under me. I can speak only for myself when I say that there seems to be a pattern, where updates to Airport City generate problems, such to the point that future updates and enhancements are viewed with distrust.

Airport City is a game, and by definition a game is supposed to be fun. These bugs do not make the game fun. I count myself lucky that these updates have never 'reset' the level of my city to a lower number. I wonder how long my luck will hold?

Best of luck with your bug fix next week. It is good to know that someone involved with Airport City is reading the postings in these forums.
Canadian Cowboy.
I agree with almost everything you say.

The complexity/difficulty is all part of the gaming fun and challenge.

What I cannot accept and will never accept are the bugs/errors. I've read many times that things get checked - how then do these errors get through. I'm having big problems with gifting since this update, I read on here and the Facebook page that others have the same issue yet the developers tell us the game was extensively tested. It's every release now which has some problems, that is poor quality control and release strategy.

The support team are embarrassing in their attitude and response.

Your last statement hits it right on - Airport city is a game and games are supposed to be fun.

Ddave1

suzy

350+ Star Club
Another hugh problem occurred
I used some chainsaws and got some filters that I can use to fly to new mount.. destinations
However, when I try to fly to these destinations, the game tells me I need a filter to do so, and I am so sure I got them from my burnt trees !!!! They don't appear in my warehouse either.... how on earth can I play this game???

Does anybody get the chainsaws that I have been sending?? My counter does not drop from 20 to zero, and it does not mention
that I have send gifts.. I can still receive gifts but I am not sure about gifts that I have sent.. can anybody confirm this???
Hi Suzy
I am pretty sure I received a chainsaw from you. It was there when I opened the game this mornings so perhaps was sent yesterday. Stick with it, hope the issues will be resolved in update next week.

It has happened to me too...I will be sending gift successfully, then I stop getting the message that my neighbors will appreciate the help. When I stop getting that message, I shutdown and reopened the game and gifting others seems to work again. Not sure if you tried to send me anything after the reset, but I did not receive a chain saw from you. Good luck.

suzy

350+ Star Club
It has happened to me too...I will be sending gift successfully, then I stop getting the message that my neighbors will appreciate the help. When I stop getting that message, I shutdown and reopened the game and gifting others seems to work again. Not sure if you tried to send me anything after the reset, but I did not receive a chain saw from you. Good luck.
That is exactly what happens, I don't get the message anymore
And of course I sent you a gift this morning, I always send you one...
I have closed and reopened the game already several times, without any luck...
I am getting desperate here

Top Bottom