Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows - Weekly Trading Thread - February 8th 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob1977

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
  2. Windows PC
Username
d751
Yep, they're a bitch. I've got four and they yielded only 1 item so far.
I recommend flying low-lvl planes to romantic destinations. I flew 5 jets, one t-prop and 1 powerful prop and I conclude that the drop rate from flights is not adjusted to flight difficulty (that is, flight that takes twice as long doesn't drop twice as often - as it should). Which makes powerful props the fastest way to get 6 workshops.
Not so bitching, I'd say. I've just got the 1st Carriage. All in all, the drop rate is just fine. :cigar:
I shudder to remember Easter Cheer 2015 when 9 Farmers Markets with 1 hour recharge cycle failed to give 4 Organic Menu collection - 'twas close to 800 taps on them. I even wrote to Tech Support and they replied "Drop rate checked. Everything is A-okay!". :D That time I had to buy 3 chests x18gr. to beat the quest.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
When it is time to collect click the first building if you see a drop immediately click the next building. If you have more than 2 of a building use the same method, but wait between buildings if no drop comes from the initial tap, then use the method again until you have either clicked all like buildings or gotten a drop and clicked quickly through the remaining buildings.
Hmm. So as I understand it:
If one building/plane drops, it's means that "happy hour" is on, and I should click all others ASAP before it ends. So far so good.

If there is no drop, it means I should wait for happy hour to start. BUT - the question is: how long should I wait? I should wait shorter than the happy hour lasts. So how long it lasts?

Another question is : is the happy hour same for all buildings or only for buildings of one type? Because if it's same for all then I can keep trying it on some other buildings with short recharge time (eg ones with romatic pax) and when they drop only then quickly move to valuable droppers like workshops.

@Agent_L To tell you the truth I am not certain if it works between different buildings. It does work using different
airplanes that have landed and are sitting on the runway so perhaps worth a try. As far as how long to wait just a short pause
of a few seconds is sufficient. It is just a way to quite often get multiple drops when one appears. The "supernatural" guy even
suggested this with planes that land, however, they wait for them to go into their hangars where as I collect them directly from
my runway. I have never had good drops when I let my planes go to their hangars before collecting.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
I have never had good drops when I let my planes go to their hangars before collecting.
On official faq:
[...]If you collect coins for a completed flight while a plane is on a runway (you'll have to land the plane yourself to do that) and not in a hangar, you are going to get additional profit!

Last edited:

Vivke

350+ Star Club
Another day with a lot of gifts, thanks to all my neighbours. My gifts are also send but couldn't send to all of you.

Don't go any further in the event. Planes aren't dropping anything and the buildings either. Still very far away from building a carriage workshop and visiting my neighbours don't bring a lot.

Most of you are a lot further in the game than I am, but if you want I can try to resend building needs but don't know what you'll get then. Please tag me or send me a mail when you want me to resend it.

@Cath : welcome on the forum and you can add me or send me your code and I'll add you.

Bob1977

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
  2. Windows PC
Username
d751
@Agent_L . The pseudo randomizer of the game is a bit slow. For a fraction of second it holds a fixed state. If you tap rapidly on planes, building and the first tap scores, others are scored too. Although it backfires by breaking several planes too if the first gets broken. :D
Before long-awaited update in December this feature worked very nicely - 2 or 3 identical items could be got in a row. Now they did something to the randomizing algorithm and I have trouble to make this thing work for me as before. Items come out different and far from guaranteed.

Can I ask what were you sending? It's relevant to my quest
Hi - we were testing the hidden slot theory - the item I am looking for "energy savings lamps" are in the same slot as hand dryers and a few other items. Not everyone has reached the level where the gift in that slot is visible, but it is there. Nobody has energy savings lamps to gift as far as I can see. SO the experiment was that 5 forum members have allowed me to send them hand dryers, they hit return and we see what I get. All 5 sent back something the sender didn't know they could gift as the slot was hidden, and of the 5 I had success as one does indeed have the energy savings lams I needed, and am now receiving. Unfotunately @wydaho didn't, but it was worth a try..

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
@Agent_L . The pseudo randomizer of the game is a bit slow. For a fraction of second it holds a fixed state. If you tap rapidly on planes, building and the first tap scores, others are scored too. Although it backfires by breaking several planes too if the first gets broken. :D
Before long-awaited update in December this feature worked very nicely - 2 or 3 identical items could be got in a row. Now they did something to the randomizing algorithm and I have trouble to make this thing work for me as before. Items come out different and far from guaranteed.
Yep, this is exactly as I explained my understanding.
What I was asking is: how long to wait after unsuccessful tap?

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
Hi - we were testing the hidden slot theory - the item I am looking for "energy savings lamps" are in the same slot as hand dryers and a few other items. Not everyone has reached the level where the gift in that slot is visible, but it is there. Nobody has energy savings lamps to gift as far as I can see. SO the experiment was that 5 forum members have allowed me to send them hand dryers, they hit return and we see what I get. All 5 sent back something the sender didn't know they could gift as the slot was hidden, and of the 5 I had success as one does indeed have the energy savings lams I needed, and am now receiving. Unfotunately @wydaho didn't, but it was worth a try..
Lol, my English must suck, as you're second person explaining back to me what I just wrote.
I asked: what items are in same slot as Hand Dryer?

Lol, my English must suck, as you're second person explaining back to me what I just wrote.
I asked: what items are in same slot as Hand Dryer?
Sorry, I read things to fast! Appears to be the items needed for Town Hall 9 - as I have had each back, and nothing else. There may be other things that just haven't come through, who knows. So they are 3D Printer, Energy Saving Lamp, Hand Dryer and Postal Drone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom