1. Welcome to AirportCityGame

AirportCityGame is the Number One forum when it comes to the hit Android, iOS, Windows and Amazon game Airport City!

Chat to other players, swap items in the Daily Trade Forum and help each other complete Space Missions!

The Kitchen and Drinks Cabinet

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Captain WH Rollins, 21 October 2017.

1. Oh dear, I can't do liver, just don't like it. Strange because absolutely love the kidney in a steak and kidney pie!

Hope you enjoyed it. We had a lovely homemade shepherds pie tonight, glorious

2. just a pear cider and a meat pie, may do some peas on the side

ItsRalphy likes this.
  3. Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins 150+ Star Club Active Member

Windows PC
    Captain WH Rollins
    Fish and Chips this evening - Chinese style and beer - Belgian style - oh yes.

Regards
    Captain WH Rollins

4. I had nice self made spring rolls with rice and spicy vegetable salad, philippine style. Delicious.

5. Ham sandwich. Very boring!

6. Even this simple food can be made very tasteful. Spices do a lot, even I know many are reluctant about spicy food, I mean real spicy food. And use different kinds of meat and veggies.

ItsRalphy likes this.
  7. Captain WH Rollins

Windows PC
    Captain WH Rollins
    It has been a while since I last had my regular Sunday morning posh breakfast, at my favourite French restaurant, in Central London. So, beginnig from tomorrow, I will put things right and start going again. What a wonderful life.

Regards
    Captain WH Rollins

8. Today: German specialty, Leberkaese with spinach, fried egg and of course rice. Delicious! By the way, I am not from bavaria or Switzerland, where this food traditionally comes from.

9. Tell me more - what is Leberkaese???

10. fixed the BBQ hose, so we had a sausage sizzle last night
    in bread with cooked onion
    sauces if they wanted
    with a cold beer

11. Cumin and Lime Chicken Quesadillas for dinner tonight with a good chocolate coffee stout

12. now that sounds good!!!

13. wife made a stew and cheesecake

absolute delight, couple pieces of buttered bread on the side

14. Not so easy, I will try it. It literally means liver cheese. It consists of corned beef, pork and bacon ( sometimes also with a small part of liver ) and is made by grinding the ingredients very finely and then baking it as a loaf in a bread pan until it has a crunchy brown crust.
    [​IMG]

15. I must look out for that, new one on me.

16. I found no specific store in London, who sells it. So, it is not so easy. There is a online-store, who sells it, but it is not homemade. So, if you like to taste real Leberkaese, you must come to Germany. Sorry for that. ☺☺

17. One day . . . . ???

18. The place I had it was a sports bar so you don't really expect really good food at a place like that. It really was a lot better than I was expecting and it was a lot of food. We only went there because I got a 'Pub Pass' where I can get a free beer at 25 different Breweries or Restaurants in 2018 and this was one of the places I could go.

@luxurycat It sounds like you live in Germany now...where are you? I lived there for 6 years as a kid and tried Leberkaese once...never again for me personally.

19. come for the beer, stay for the women.... who drink beer

20. Captain WH Rollins

Windows PC
    Captain WH Rollins
    I believe there is a German Deli in Borough Market (street food) and a number of restaurants around London - @Davescharf @ItsRalphy - the expression 'going for a German' has become very popular.

Regards
    Captain WH Rollins

ItsRalphy likes this.