Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS Some long term advice needed

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03w7lq6q
Username
Andy
By the way, about 3-starring everything.
When I was starting out, I looked at what different destinations bring and which ones have events associated with them. Then, I left alone those destinations that didn't bring anything I needed for later. So, for example, I am only now 3-starring Lima and Buenos Aires! They normally don't bring anything, so I didn't see the point in 3-starring them earlier, since I knew I would need to fly them later when the event comes along... (y)

I personaly wouldent start with adventure (excavation) flights because off the drastic change in droprates sinds last updates
you will need to put in twice the effort and fuel as before to get the adventure buildings
But as Aj said these flights dont need any flightitems and could be done once your low ore out of flightitems for the regular destenations in stead of waiting for flightitems to be gathered

By the way, about 3-starring everything.
When I was starting out, I looked at what different destinations bring and which ones have events associated with them. Then, I left alone those destinations that didn't bring anything I needed for later. So, for example, I am only now 3-starring Lima and Buenos Aires! They normally don't bring anything, so I didn't see the point in 3-starring them earlier, since I knew I would need to fly them later when the event comes along... (y)

I agree.

Now that we know certain flights are repeated for events, and a mix of planes are sometimes required, there may be not much point anymore in 3 star-ing all destinations before upgrading planes.

Eventually, a player has to make a difficult decision to sell high level planes in order to complete a new task requiring low level planes. And then you can 3 star the flights.

Last edited:

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
@Kevin1010 - I am guessing you are newish like me (level 76 and 281 stars, started playing May 2017) and have a 100 Item limit in your warehouse. Because of that issue alone, I have not religiously followed the advice from the veterans - many of whom have well over 100 of each type of flight item stored, and enjoyed much higher drop rates for bonuses in the past. We are playing a different game now, but some of their advice is still very relevant:
  • Red space launches really are key to quicker progress in the game. They give you the volume of silver tokens you need to buy Grand Hotels - these provide the best expansion of your game at your level, each increases city maximum population by 300 - no town hall upgrade can do that. Start joining some QL launches for much more income fuel and bonuses (even fourth and fifth place gets you valuable bonuses). And complete water world collections (gifts when completing red launches) for gold tokens, and the opportunity to buy some key S2 aircraft (I keep one S2 Jet and one S2 Delta to fly permenantly to North and South Observatory - the best way of completing Big Brother Collection for Orbital Telescopes needed for red launches). Then you get 50 to 300 (depending on you place in flight) fuel for taking part - the best way of building fuel stocks for map destinations - space maps for QL bonuses, and Adventure maps for other bonuses.
  • Once you have a space program, your strategy for buying and upgrading can change. I tend to concentrate on Control Tower upgrades, fuel upgrades and passenger upgrades. I am currently saving for Control Tower 10. I have only just built 2 sweet factories - I will start flying Falcons next month. I have upgraded the small oil refinery to Level 3 (30 extra fuel) and have a silver subscription purely for the additional fuel (my current maximum fuel is 283). Using that with Bottomless Barrel bonus overnight (double maximum fuel) has enabled me to keep 11 aircraft in the air on Vintage Weathervane bonus all day (4 Jumbos, 3 Giants, 2 PD's, 1 delta, 1 jet today). Passengers - I have maximum passenger buildings right up to Loft, and saved 1,550,000 coins for a Modular House "Golden Square" - 67 passengers per building every 6 hours. But putting them in a square with Metro Stations, means I am getting an average 90-100 passengers per building every 6 hours. I have also used labrynth gardens to bonus a lot of my other passenger buildings, and buy a couple of Family Ticket and Alarm Clock bonuses each week to support map flights.
  • You are unlikely to quickly 3 star items to destinations quickly as you progress in the game. By the time you get to Falcons, it takes 400 flights to get 3 stars. Giants require 150 items (50 for each star level). For each destination requiring flight items you will find yourself doing just 100 flights, then restocking by either gifts from neighbours or flying to a destination that provides replacement flight items.
  • Adventures - Evacuation map flights are a good way of getting more stars whilst rebuilding stock without using flight items, but you need to spend coins at Dukes Store and build up stocks of those maps to use - 10,000 coins = 5 maps. So buy from Duke as many maps as you can afford every time he visits, then use them whilst restocking your flight items.
  • Fly to enjoy the game. So despite all the advice to the contrary, if you really want to fly the more exotic aircraft and locations (Falcon, Thunderbird and Condor) buy one, and send it out. Don't wait forever, the fun of doing this may outweigh the extra cost. But the Condor flight buildings are very expensive - I decided to buy the Level 7 runway, mainly because I wanted extra bonus items from landing guest Condor planes, but frankly, buying anything for Condor flights at my level is a luxury I don't feel is worth the cost.
  • I am currently sending four Ranger Jumbos (bonuses from Age of Ash event) to Quito. I had not got around to previously flying Jumbos there, but discovered that for the Great Game Event, Quito is a featured destination that earns you tickets for event bonuses. So I am aiming to 3 star Quito during the event, and getting 22 event ticket bonuses for each completed flight. I could have gained even more bonuses if I had known that Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Lima, Brasilia and Bogota were also event destinations - but I had already three starred them and did not want to send more flights to them. So I personally do not think 3 starring destinations for each aircraft before progressing to better aircraft is the best strategy. But the advice is understandable.
  • There are many players who play a no-cost game, and their advice reflects their strategy. Not everyone can afford the time to play such a very long term strategy. Dont be afraid to spend some real money for extra greenies, within you budget. Those greenies definitely get you the land that allows a more rapid expansion of your game, bonuses that get you extra benefits, and the opportunity to upgrade buildings like your Resrve Hanger and your productions factories to produce more items (catering, blanket, lollipops).
This advice is purely my personal one, and some of it flies in the face of advice from long established players. I apologise if I am telling you stuff you already have worked out for yourself, but it is easier to throw as much advice as possible, rather than try and work out what you already know or believe.

Last edited:

Kevin1010

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03m4zpz4
Username
Kevin1010
@mo elbo @andy8758 @Bali Hi
@Andy @pete blake

Thanks for the latest adds.

I now but the last three grand hotels. After they are finished i have six.

Upgraded my fuel refinery and Control Tower.

I might upgrade runway from 5 to 7, i did not took 6 as i thought i would be waste.

Here is why.
I have to many passengers in the buildings.
Have 4 jumbo 1 giant and 2 delta and 2 powerfull Delfts planes So want to buy a falcon as it has a fast return comparing to those others.
When they are all on air i cant get pax out of the buildings.

Renaldo

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Renaldo+Item
The cheapest way to gather qls is to do green launch in 1st place and after landing you will receive a map to one off following 5 destenations novosibirsk-perth -edmonton-bangalore -ore -berkeley once you activate one of these maps it will appear at the top off your general flightdestenations tab

Sorry to bump this thread, but which planes are needed for those destinations? :)

~ Renaldo,

Thanks a bunch @mo elbo ;)
the 1st way is bi flying the green maps these are all destinations you fly with turboprops
you can get these maps each time you fly in first place in a green launch there are 5 maps
1.novosibirsk
2.bangalore
3.edmonton
4.perth
5.berkeley
once you activate the map it will apear on the top of your flights tab

with 3hours active (for all these flights you will only need 1landinglamp per flyght and fuel that is normaly needed for turbo props
its the same principal as adventure flyghts each destination gives you items that can form a collection and the collections after collectin the 5 collections from each destination these form a collection again giving you a ql
to each destenation you have a total of 92 flyghts to get your three stars-- witch for each flyght you will need -38fuel -and one -landing lamp-
if you do all these 5 destinations 96flyghts you will have arround 5qls
and than you can do it again and next time you get arround 8ql because you will have items stored from previouce flights in warehouse even if is three stars allready you can continue doing it as many times as you need

@mo elbo again thanks you so much for this explanation,
this is gonna be a bookmark for me, so much value in this thread, and "your posts",
I can not thank you enough, you have brought me so much clarity. ;-)

~ Renaldo,
No problem happy to help
maybe one more thing it realy pays to use the golden dice the droprate will be 3times better

@mo elbo how many pax do u need per flight or in Total to get those 5 ql’s?
Hi i dint do the exact math just approximatly and the use off golden dice defenetly infuences the outcome
if you do 96 flights(three stars) x38pax = 3648x5= 18240 total pax
and Fuel is 18 x96=1728 and 1728x5= 8640fuel in total
Landing lamps in total will be 96x5= 480 lamps total

this reasonably doable and much cheaper than the alternative buying of the ql

@mo elbo 18000 pax is hard i think.
I have 1130 pax in terminal.
And it hard to save pax in the warehouse. To be honest i have a few but thats almost inpolssible
You can also do 1 ore 2 destenations and wait till you have enoughf pax and fuel saved from launches and do the others
step by step and even if need be 1destenation 96 flights and next time the other
i have some support accounts were i do the steps 1 by 1 and in the end it gives the same result but spread over a longer period of time thats all

Hi i dint do the exact math just approximatly and the use off golden dice defenetly infuences the outcome
if you do 96 flights(three stars) x38pax = 3648x5= 18240 total pax
and Fuel is 18 x96=1728 and 1728x5= 8640fuel in total
Landing lamps in total will be 96x5= 480 lamps total

this reasonably doable and much cheaper than the alternative buying of the ql

You need more fuel than this if you’re speeding up planes to leverage the mapsmore fully. It’s actually 54*96*5 = 25,920 fuel. That also doesn’t take weather into account.

You also need repair items or be willing to dump TPs and buy new ones when they breakdown. Planes break down a lot when you’re flying so much in a short timeframe

@mo elbo 18000 pax is hard i think.
I have 1130 pax in terminal.
And it hard to save pax in the warehouse. To be honest i have a few but thats almost inpolssible

As suggested earlier it’s these map missions that start driving people to passenger building heavy cities and away from income buildings. I think the last adventure missions I ran I was able to get about 60,000 passengers through. I only used 1 alarm clock to help with the passengers but the Terminal isn’t that relevant when flying any type of map.

Top Bottom