Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Santa's Bad Mood

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
I've read some say they think it helps to fly to all places, not just Quebec. Any truth to it or are they just trying to get as many stars as possible? Seems Quebec is most economical for acquiring snow melting facility items.
@Flayer6
You are correct. Quebec is the best destination because it requires less fuel, passengers and flight time. The other destinations don't have a drop advantage over Quebec, but they are good for star chasers.
Cheers,
Tom

Flayer6

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Flayer6
Username
Flayer6
@Flayer6
You are correct. Quebec is the best destination because it requires less fuel, passengers and flight time. The other destinations don't have a drop advantage over Quebec, but they are good for star chasers.
Cheers,
Tom
Thanks Tom

I keep seeing it said that people are using Sky Captain for this event. They're not specifying why but I'm guessing they're using it so get snow globes from their snow melting facilities. However, here is part of the description of Sky Captain bonus:
  • Chances of an item drop from a flight (non-collect): +100%
I dont see how that description can mean that they're getting ANY items from quests (Santa's Bad Mood) or furthermore anything that does not DIRECTLY come from a FLIGHT. Am I understanding this based on what I wrote here? Any clarification would help as we all know how it can be difficult to understand GIs definitions.

Alternatively, what do you get by using sky captain, other than more exp/$?

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Username
Uncle Mans
@Flayer6
Cheers,
Tom

While I usually agree with anything Tom says, the problem becomes the device you play on. My main game is on an iPad which is only Wi-Fi. I cannot connect to my company's wi-fi, so for that game during a work week, Quebec doesn't make sense when I'm away from home for 8-12 hours a day.

It all depends on how you play....I have "threatened" Mr. Greensmith that I was going to Fed Ex my iPad to him in the past. ;)

must_dash

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
must,_dash
Username
must,_dash
Surely the drop rate will vary on the flight length? This came up in another post recently.
If say, Quebec and Fargo have the same drop rate per 100 flights, then quebec should be far easier to do as you can launch more flights per day. There must be an algorithm in there to balance the short flights against the long.

Hallelujah, not impossible to do. :)(y)

IMG_2023.PNG

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
While I usually agree with anything Tom says, the problem becomes the device you play on. My main game is on an iPad which is only Wi-Fi. I cannot connect to my company's wi-fi, so for that game during a work week, Quebec doesn't make sense when I'm away from home for 8-12 hours a day.

It all depends on how you play....I have "threatened" Mr. Greensmith that I was going to Fed Ex my iPad to him in the past. ;)
@Uncle Mans
Work week? What's a work week? One of the precious few benefits of being old and retired is that I can spend my day playing Airport City on this Apple thingamabob that ...
What was the question again?
Oh, never mind. I have to spend the rest of the day driving 20 in a 45 mile an hour zone with my left turn signal on.
Whoa! I just had a moment of clarity. Uncle Mans is correct of course. The best choice of destination depends entirely on your playing style.
New year cheers,
Tom

must_dash

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
must,_dash
Username
must,_dash
@Uncle Mans
Work week? What's a work week? One of the precious few benefits of being old and retired is that I can spend my day playing Airport City on this Apple thingamabob that ...
What was the question again?
Oh, never mind. I have to spend the rest of the day driving 20 in a 45 mile an hour zone with my left turn signal on.
Whoa! I just had a moment of clarity. Uncle Mans is correct of course. The best choice of destination depends entirely on your playing style.
New year cheers,
Tom

And Tom, you must hunker down to look through the steering wheel with your pork pie hat on.
{edited to add recent photo of Tom driving}

mr-magoo.jpg

Last edited:

Flayer6

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Flayer6
Username
Flayer6
Thanks Tom

I keep seeing it said that people are using Sky Captain for this event. They're not specifying why but I'm guessing they're using it so get snow globes from their snow melting facilities. However, here is part of the description of Sky Captain bonus:
  • Chances of an item drop from a flight (non-collect): +100%
I dont see how that description can mean that they're getting ANY items from quests (Santa's Bad Mood) or furthermore anything that does not DIRECTLY come from a FLIGHT. Am I understanding this based on what I wrote here? Any clarification would help as we all know how it can be difficult to understand GIs definitions.

Alternatively, what do you get by using sky captain, other than more exp/$?
Still no comments on Sky Captain? :(

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
@Flayer6
Spy Glass is the best bonus to get drops from your Snow Melting Facilities. I used it also to get Snow Shovel drops every time when I visited neighbors.
Flight drops are random. I completed that part of the quest with flights to Quebec. I only continued with other destinations to get stars.
Cheers,
Tom

Flayer6

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Flayer6
Username
Flayer6
@Flayer6
Spy Glass is the best bonus to get drops from your Snow Melting Facilities. I used it also to get Snow Shovel drops every time when I visited neighbors.
Flight drops are random. I completed that part of the quest with flights to Quebec. I only continued with other destinations to get stars.
Cheers,
Tom
So when you do have and use a Sky Captian, other than for $/exp., how do you find it most beneficial, regardless of this quest. What are you trying to accomplish by using it? Thanks again!

Last edited:

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
So when you do have and use a Sky Captian, other than for $/exp., how do you find it most beneficial, regardless of this quest. What are you trying to accomplish by using it? Thanks again!
@Flayer6
Here's my guide to "drop" bonuses:
Spy Glass
"This bonus increases the chance of quest item drop (both common and collectible) by 150% for 6 hours."
Quests are the icons that occasionally appear on the left side of the screen. Sometimes they are main quests, like the recent "The Great Game" and "Santa's Bad Day" quests. At times, there are subquests that appear that walk you step by step through the main quest. Using a Spy Glass bonus increases the chance of drops from flights that are part of these quests.
Dice
"This bonus doubles the chance of item drop from a flight (excluding quest and collectible items) for 6 hours."
If you fly to an Excavations destination trying to get a Map Chest drop, a Dice bonus will help. Or, if you fly to Iceland trying to get a Deicer drop, a Dice bonus will help.
Golden Dice
"Increases the chance of a collectible item drop from a flight (excluding quest items) by 150% for 6 hours."
Collectibles are items that appear in the Collections tab. When I flew Giants to the five Tale of Bygone Years destinations -- Kyiv, Novgorod, Murom, Smolensk and Chernihiv -- to earn a Winter Palace, for example, I used Golden Dice to increase my chances of drops of the items necessary to complete that collection. The bottom line was that when I used Golden Dice, I got an average of twice the drops that I got when I did not use Golden Dice.​
I use Sky Captain during quests like these -- in addition to Spy Glass, Dice or Golden Dice -- to increase my chance of drops. I don't find that combining bonuses work very well although other players swear by it.
For the Santa's Bad Mood quest I used Spy Glass to increase the Snow Shovel drops when visiting neighbors (got 100% drops this way), when tapping on my Snowdrifts (got 100% drops for Warming Drinks and very good drops for the boughs) and to get Snow Melting Facility Drops. I used Dice for drops for the Pharmaceutical Lab flights to Jakarta and got great results.
Cheers,
Tom

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata
So..... when and what do you think is the next quest? Valentines? If that is so, it's still more than a month. I can fly Alliances and thunderbird/condor planes.

Flayer6

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Flayer6
Username
Flayer6
So..... when and what do you think is the next quest? Valentines? If that is so, it's still more than a month. I can fly Alliances and thunderbird/condor planes.
I hope so (Valentine's) as I really need to get on the ball (plane :p ) and fly to Bali for my missing Crests to acquire Spy Glasses (I won't use greenies!). Seems like I've missed the boat on that item but have not failed at any quest before Age of Ashes, even without using SG.

Top Bottom