Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Santa's Bad Mood

must_dash

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
must,_dash
Username
must,_dash
I was lucky! With holiday time I was able to spend some time (toooooo mmuuuccchhh) playing. I committed one spyglass a day from early in the quest, and some fuel to speed up some flights. With T/props and jets the flight times are quick. There was a noticable difference between no SG and using SG.
I was also luck that I only had a few days of the higher fuel cost.

zenmie

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
4M4zz2
Username
zen_(items I need)
@Dave great idea. Unfortunaly I will not be the lucky one to get it. Mission impossible for me. Remembers me at the beginning of playing this game more than 4 years ago when I was also struggling to complete the events . But I still love this game :love:

7 days ago I needed just 3 penguins to complete, today with just about a day left I still need 2. I'm doing nothing different, I have 6 facilities and I click on them every 90 mins but I've had 1 drop in the last 6 days. No matter what irrational reasoning any program developer or service support person from GI can come up with its things like this which are disheartening even though I will never give up.

On the plus side if this event is ever run again i will only need two penguins - lol

Ddave1

7 days ago I needed just 3 penguins to complete, today with just about a day left I still need 2. I'm doing nothing different, I have 6 facilities and I click on them every 90 mins but I've had 1 drop in the last 6 days. No matter what irrational reasoning any program developer or service support person from GI can come up with its things like this which are disheartening even though I will never give up.

On the plus side if this event is ever run again i will only need two penguins - lol

Ddave1

I kind of think the drop rates vary depending on platform as well. By just clicking very fast on my facilities I had drops every day. Of course they were not always what I needed but drops nonetheless. I kind of think collections like these also are programmed to randomly set the drop rate percentage for each item on a scale for each player. This makes each player have differing "almost never" item which gives the illusion of actual random drops. Penguin was at the top of my scale thus I have an extra 6 on top of the 7 already collected. The arctic fox was that item for me followed closely by the snowy owl. I could be wrong on that and am quite sure GI would say I am but their random very seldom drop range makes no sense. The big secret behind it also makes no sense, unless of course there is some sneaky business going on. :cautious:

I kind of think the drop rates vary depending on platform as well. By just clicking very fast on my facilities I had drops every day. Of course they were not always what I needed but drops nonetheless. I kind of think collections like these also are programmed to randomly set the drop rate percentage for each item on a scale for each player. This makes each player have differing "almost never" item which gives the illusion of actual random drops. Penguin was at the top of my scale thus I have an extra 6 on top of the 7 already collected. The arctic fox was that item for me followed closely by the snowy owl. I could be wrong on that and am quite sure GI would say I am but their random very seldom drop range makes no sense. The big secret behind it also makes no sense, unless of course there is some sneaky business going on. :cautious:
Yes, its standard on most games to have different items/features for groups of players etc, it's all part of the mysteries of algorithms.

The biggest frustration I have with GI and thier programming are the effects bonus's have. Yes, it all,adds to the games effect if there is that bit of mystery between using a bonus and what's it does but in over 30 years of game playing I've never come across one as random as this game.

Ddave1

Like you I have been gaming quite a while since the early 70's. Ever notice how most games similar to this
give formulas about the game mechanics? Sometime these show a very rigid calculation others have an
actual random component built in. I don't see this in AC as I said it really makes no sense in my estimation
and I am fairly certain the formulas would show this. I see no reason behind the secrecy other than a push
for more $ which is unfortunate. I do understand they need to make money and as such I am a player who
always throws some money into the pot for games I enjoy. When greed gets the better of the game, however,
I find my generosity/support drops dramatically.

Flayer6

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Flayer6
Username
Flayer6
@Wired Parrott
This is not the first time I've seen "clicking very fast". What exactly do you mean by that. SMF produce every 1.5 hrs - you cant click faster (w/o golden frog) so what do you mean. Please describe.
@ddave
Even if you are to finish by getting those last 2, in the last 24 hours, the week leading up to it where you got only 1 doesn't really feel like an accomplishment. I'm with you on the frustration.

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
@Wired Parrott
This is not the first time I've seen "clicking very fast". What exactly do you mean by that. SMF produce every 1.5 hrs - you cant click faster (w/o golden frog) so what do you mean. Please describe.
@ddave
Even if you are to finish by getting those last 2, in the last 24 hours, the week leading up to it where you got only 1 doesn't really feel like an accomplishment. I'm with you on the frustration.
What they mean is line up as many of the buildings or planes that are ready to be clicked as you can and then click them in rapid succession. And I mean as fast as you possibly can. It seems to help with drop rates when it doesn't have time to process them 1 by 1.

What they mean is line up as many of the buildings or planes that are ready to be clicked as you can and then click them in rapid succession. And I mean as fast as you possibly can. It seems to help with drop rates when it doesn't have time to process them 1 by 1.

This is exactly what I meant not sure about other platforms but definitely helped on PC.

This is exactly what I meant not sure about other platforms but definitely helped on PC.
Do you think we'll get this again next year? Is it worth it to put the snow melting facilities in the warehouse or just dump them? Cost is only 4800 coins. Hmmm, probably just answered my own question - into the warehouse, probably never to be used again.:p:p

Droidhak

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
0494kqx0
Username
Droidhak

I can't seem to get this to work for me. Maybe it's also in the category of "let's have different things be random for different players" category. :)

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata
So....... are we going to see a blizzard show on the finale? Or should I click complete on this now while there are still 16 hours left? Does it even matter?

Flayer6

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Flayer6
Username
Flayer6
Seems like the perfect way to accidentally spend greenies.

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Theo1977
I had to manually (using greenies) restart the snow melting facilities (spent a total of 42 greenies) to get the last 7 snow globes to finish this with spyglass, golden dice, sky captain and regular dice ALL activated :)

Top Bottom