Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Santa's Bad Mood

Ok, bought a spy glass. Not sure how many flights I can push through in 6 hours though. 150% of the chance of a drop when its 0% is still 0% though. I'm thinking I'll only get one or two and end up having to buy greenies. Thanks for the advice though, we'll see what happens.

I usually buy a Spy Glass in the morning when all my planes has all landed to maximize the Spy Glass usage.
Then I prioritize flying planes that will return within 6 hours, using Fuel(20) if required.
Click on multiple planes in quick succession to get better drop rate (wait for two or three planes to land / in the hangar before clicking).

In between flights, visit neighbours to get shovels, and click your snowdrift to get warming drinks & green belt collection.

Good luck!

I stopped flying for this event a week ago and completed it a few days ago. I realised at the start that fuel costs would go up so started with giants but also simultaneously flew all the turboprop stars to get all the buildings quickly. I flew the rest of the destinations from giant down for stars. I've collected enough warming drinks to three star the top two destinations but without spending a load of fuel and buying a lot of planes just for six stars I'll take them next year if the quest comes back round and would suggest everyone else do the same. They want you to burn all your fuel. I'd rather use it on alliance maps.

As for bonuses, I said before, sky captain and spyglass will get you there, I threw the odd dice in as I got loads.

ucaptain lole

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wzuh4ep
Username
ucaptain lole
Nope, as I thought. I got one drop for Into the White over the course of the bonus. So now have had over 60 event flights with one drop. Does that sound about what I should expect? I'll bet drop rates vary according to how likely you are to visit the store.

Nope, as I thought. I got one drop for Into the White over the course of the bonus. So now have had over 60 event flights with one drop. Does that sound about what I should expect? I'll bet drop rates vary according to how likely you are to visit the store.
Tbh I used spyglass for drops from neighbours and the buildings, when I was getting the other collections I used dice and or golden dice as well as spy glass and always use sky captain. Gi don't seem to want new players bothering anymore on these harder quests. Not very clever.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
You cannot make an event which will be challenging to older players and achievable to newer ones (at least not anymore as difference between new and old is getting bigger every day - now difference is almost 5 y of play for some players).
I remember when many people asked for more challenging events, when this event arrived, many were talking that it is too hard.
The way GI is handling it for now is ok (every second or third is little harder to complete). So we have events which are hard and which are easy.
This way you can keep both players categories eager to play further and invest real money (which is ultimate goal).

drivefast99

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
awlp2dv
Username
df99
Yeah, they need to find a balance.
Too hard, and the casual players stop playing.
Too easy, and the hardcore players complete and play something else.

It's got to be just nice, easy at first, then harder & harder so that players will spend money to complete quest.
Good Idea Bali - maybe have 2 rewards, and easy level just about everyone can win and a harder level that challenges the seasoned players.

Good Idea Bali - maybe have 2 rewards, and easy level just about everyone can win and a harder level that challenges the seasoned players.

I agree.
A harder than usual quest should ideally have a minor reward + the grand reward.
Perhaps the minor reward is the Level 1 version, and the grand reward is the Level 2 version.

That way, players who has made an effort to complete the quest do not feel totally bummed after spending greenies / money.

They can still upgrade to the Level 2 building after the event is over by flying to certain destinations?

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Username
Uncle Mans
Yeah, they need to find a balance.
Too hard, and the casual players stop playing.
Too easy, and the hardcore players complete and play something else.

It's got to be just nice, easy at first, then harder & harder so that players will spend money to complete quest.

When matters too. Christmas and New Years? I can't pay attention to this game for 4 of the X days. Finally figured out why I have never finished a Christmas event (stupid ornaments..)

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3

ucaptain lole

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wzuh4ep
Username
ucaptain lole
Me too Happy H. Its the first event I've paid attention to. I'll keep going for the stars but a bit POed that I've missed out on visit collections and slowed up chasing my Town Hall upgrade, could have got there by now!

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
Sorry may be a duh question. Does visiting Snow Melting Facilities of neighbors yield globes? I thought not but I have small but steady stream of visitors to mine. Made me wonder.

Thanks,

Eric
No, when you complete visit for one person you can click on neighbor Snow Melting Facility and you'll see that you can get only coins. I have few visitors daily with same outcome (at least I get 5 coins) :)

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
It sucks for people like me who have been busy and can't really play until the final days! The fuel out put is a joke.
Windows lost 2 days waiting for update, then my game reseted to level 1 and lost additional 5 days - now chasing stars is fuel expensive. Luckily got all items needed for event from flights (3 globe collections pending).

Flayer6

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Flayer6
Username
Flayer6
I've read some say they think it helps to fly to all places, not just Quebec. Any truth to it or are they just trying to get as many stars as possible? Seems Quebec is most economical for acquiring snow melting facility items.

Top Bottom