Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General Neighbor weeding

So I just read about another launch being hijacked and I just hosted my first launch with forum members so....

Do you remove all previous old neighbors who you accumulated when you were starting or pre-forum??

I'm sure I have many neighbors I just added pre-forum that I don't know anything about and will probably see them pop up in launches.

Is there anything to lose by removing all NON forum neighbors? Pros/Cons?

Last edited:

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Most of us choose to have just forum members Spork due to the communication element although I kept a handful of non-forum who have stayed with me from the beginning before I joined. When I deleted 95% of my non-forum neighbours the hijacking reduced but it still happens from time to time.

Anyway more to the point why wasn't I invited? :eek:;)

nick6901

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fq8zi
Username
nick6901
So I just read about another launch being hijacked and I just hosted my first launch with forum members so....

Do you remove all previous old neighbors who you accumulated when you were starting or pre-forum??

I'm sure I have many neighbors I just added pre-forum that I don't know anything about and will probably see them pop up in launches.

Is there anything to lose by removing all forum neighbors? Pros/Cons?
Here is another forum neighbor:)

Most of us choose to have just forum members Spork due to the communication element although I kept a handful of non-forum who have stayed with me from the beginning before I joined. When I deleted 95% of my non-forum neighbours the hijacking reduced but it still happens from time to time.

Anyway more to the point why wasn't I invited? :eek:;)

First off, I'm sure you and all the very intelligent forum readers noticed and understood that I meant remove NON forum members not forum members like posted (now edited).

Next, this is one vote for removing all/most non forum neighbors and no known cons for doing so? As a newer forum member I probably do not have as many forum neighbors however it is growing daily.

Invited? First, invited to what? Second, you always have a standing invitation to everything! The hatch is always open... (y):)

If you have enough forum neighbors there is not much you are going to miss out on.
As stated you might have a few that have been good neighbors without the forum,
no need to just remove them. Yes it can put a launch at risk so it is kind of a judgement
call on your side.

Speaking of neighbor weeding I really need to delete the 100 or so forum members old
inactive accounts. :wtf: :ROFLMAO:

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
First off, I'm sure you and all the very intelligent forum readers noticed and understood that I meant remove NON forum members not forum members like posted (now edited).

Next, this is one vote for removing all/most non forum neighbors and no known cons for doing so? As a newer forum member I probably do not have as many forum neighbors however it is growing daily.

Invited? First, invited to what? Second, you always have a standing invitation to everything! The hatch is always open... (y):)

I read the first part of your post and thought you were saying you had just hosted a launch, that why I was asking where my invite was ;).

I read the first part of your post and thought you were saying you had just hosted a launch, that why I was asking where my invite was ;).

Ok, I think you were in Nav's daily red already and I was in Teb's daily blue currently run by Sam.

However, you'll get an invite tag for everything from now on if I'm hosting....

I think I'm going to try to stick to Nav's reds if I can maintain the supplies to try and earn $$$$$$$$ - next oil upgrade is 2 mil

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Ok, I think you were in Nav's daily red already and I was in Teb's daily blue currently run by Sam.

However, you'll get an invite tag for everything from now on if I'm hosting....

I think I'm going to try to stick to Nav's reds if I can maintain the supplies to try and earn $$$$$$$$ - next oil upgrade is 2 mil

Cool, thank you and ditto, having a break tonight though, saving my PEB's for next weeks launches. I always like to stick with @Navigata07 when launching he's a great Capt/boss to have on space missions (y).

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Cool, thank you and ditto, having a break tonight though, saving my PEB's for next weeks launches. I always like to stick with @Navigata07 when launching he's a great Capt/boss to have on space missions (y).
Will you stop? Have me cheesing over here :D. Always a pleasure launching with you LJ.....and you too @Spork. Look forward to seeing you guys on the pad next week. :D(y)

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L

Not really. Instead of drawing the line on forum/non forum, draw the line at good/bad neighbour.

If somebody trades gifts with you daily, clearly communicates his needs via ingame name, have 5 Planetariums for you to visit, supports your launches and doesn't hijack them - what's the boon in removing such person?
If somebody gives nothing to you, hijacks your launches, refuses to obey your rules, is on the forum but doesn't answer to yout PMs - what's good in keeping him?

Forum just makes it easier to be a good neighbor, because you can communicate and explain your motives. Eg you can ask why your launch was hijacked and he can explain that it was just 2 minutes left and it was either that or fail. Turns out it was you who was actually wrong, abandoned your launch so it doesn't count as a hijack. Another example: I play by the rule that first place is 1000 points while some people that first place is 500 points. With forum we can learn that our rules differ and agree to simply not join each other launches. Without such communication good companionship is also possible, but it's much more difficult because simple mistakes like ones above are left unexplained and become problems that eventually snowball into hostility.

Remove neighbors when they start causing you trouble.

Last edited:

Arggers

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
272ehvl7
Username
Arggers
I've got 2 non forum neighbours - one is my support account and the other is from when I switched device so had to rebuild my neighbours list, but had a daily task that required 15 gifts to neighbours but I only had 14 neighbours!

He's a lot lower level, but send me gifts most days and so I don't feel the need to drop him, and even makes me feel good to support him.

I kept a small handful of neighbors outside the forum for a little while. I had my game reset though due and it wiped out all my neighbors about a year ago, so now I only have forum ones.

I’ve even wiped out a few forum neighbors before if I don’t see them around the forum. It’s fine if they don’t post but if you don’t visit for a month or update items you’d like me to gift you’re like the non forum neighbors to me

Jan0987

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03b27s4r
Username
Jan-
1. Each new neighbor gives 200 coins. Many new neighbors eventually turn to Zzz neighbors, who can be deleted. Adding neighbors can be somewhat of a small revenue stream.
2. Random gift items. My forum neighbors kindly gift me what's in my game name and signature, but sometimes the non-forum neighbors gift me random stuff that turns out to be useful later.
3. Humor. I have a non-forum neighbor called Man Down, and another one called Chief Wiggum; it makes me smile seeing those names.
4. Expanding horizons, seeing that other players across the globe who might not have anything in common with you actually do.

I always keep my neighbour count maxed at 500. 200 of those are fuel ring and alliance members, the rest are random. I receive around 60 gifts per day from those as my screen name is top alphabetically, and there are always multiple red or blue launches for me to join. Looking at the red I have in progress, I put half the points in, and the rest have come from an alliance member, and 3 randoms. If I get hijacked then the offender is history, but as @Agent_L says, there’s no harm if they’re positive. I also weed out anyone who goes zzz unless I have a specific reason to keep them

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
JayJay(+urgent item needs)

My non forum neighbors make up about 15% of my neighbors. I didn’t want to delete anyone just because they weren’t forum members....however, I don’t add any new non-forum becuase there isn’t any communication and the possibility of hijackings...which I’ve had a handful from both forum and non- forum. ...but the 2 times it was from forum members it was because they didn’t understand the etiquette of launching....I also delete the sleepers...I give non forum members a shorter time before deletion and wait a little longer if they were on the forum...however, some join the forum just to join an alliance, gather neighbors, or for help with their launch then they disappear. I’d really rather not have this type of neighbor either, so I usually delete them as soon as they go to sleep also.

A few of the non- forum members are great gifters...but lot gift random items (items they need) which I usually don’t return becuase I get so many gifts that I need each day that I want to return to those who are gifting my immediate needs first. But when they gift an item in my name, I make sure to return a gift. And they will repeatedly try different gifts to see what you are willing to send back.

Top Bottom