Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Last words

Well this was an interesting read.

I have no issue with what GI has done here. Could they go back and find something on me
perhaps but it would not be something I did repeatedly to gain an advantage over other players
that skewed any type of ranking.

Just to be clear let us list them. I bought a few more adventure maps than I was allowed. Being that I
still only have 18 adventure buildings 6 of the 3 lowest ones, I obviously did not use this as an advantage.
Next fast tapping, heard about this about 3 months before it was fixed. I personally used this during 1 launch
day for about 20 launches then never used again. (just seemed to cheap) As far as if others used it in launches
I was in I have no idea as they were not announcing it. (to me anyway) Free S3 planes....nope never got any of
those.

As for the statement that alliances have made everyone at each others throats?!?! Well maybe in your world but
not all alliances run like that. I do not try and minimize help to players from other alliances. We do not force a specific
way of play do what you do and we will all profit in some way period. No special chat to arrange anything other than a
private thread here which is only used for basic things, not to arrange our great plan for world dominance.

Anyone arguing for those banned are part of the problem imo. They even gave them an "in" stating they would
transfer bought items to a new account. That in itself is fairly rare as a ban quite often has no in, so to speak.

Yes we all want the main culprits of the mass cheating gone. Hopefully this is a step in that direction and it will
catch up with them as well. But to say they are not gone so those that did not cheat as much should not be banned
either is pantently absurd. Of course being that I have played only 3.5 years perhaps I do not fully grasp the situation.
Some who have posted might want to point to my admissions above and say see you should be gone as well. I won't
argue the semantics but will say if that were to happen I would likely move on and definitely would not threaten a
lawsuit with no basis. Software TOS are quite difficult to fight against as they generally have a very broad reach.
That is done for these very reasons being brought up a developer can not always predict what may go wrong but
do protect themselves for most eventualities.

Enough of my babbling, complete with run on sentences and who knows what other grammatical errors. :cool:

Players have been using hacks to cheat for years. Now, the tables have turned.

Lets be real. Everyone has done it before. I'm not going to be a hypocrite by denying it. Whether it be in school on a test or on a video game, we all want to take the shortcut and the easy way out, right?

That being said. Cheating is wrong and should be frowned upon. Yes it takes the fun out of the game.
Lately we have been hit with outrages numbers in the rankings btwn 50mill. and 100mill pax and more carried by an alliance off 2 to 4 players. Realy demotivating for the fair player who dusnt stand a chance with this kind off gameplay " cheating"

Many of us have made use off the good bugs in the past and as stated in earlyer posts above we were not punnished for the devellopers mistakes
But this is clearly something else and is no longer tollerable and GI applied the needed measures and blocked those that needed to be blocked.
I hope this send a message to the others that are still cheating and they know wats waiting if they dont change theyre behavior

Personally, I don’t care what anyone is doing to improve their city. In general, their city has no significant impact on mine or anyone else’s game. However, when their actions are affecting EVERYONE’S chances to improve their games, I’m all for stamping it out. Nobody really gives a crap except for the blatant abuse of alliance tasks/rankings and city visit leaderboards. That not only takes from GI, it destroys all of our efforts and wastes our resources when we work hard to get simple rewards.

Device
  1. iPhone
Username
Татьяна-03netper
I've been to the grocery store yesterday, and the bananas were so easy to steal without anyone noticing, I had to do that. Once they were in my bag, I had an advantage and it was store owner's problem not mine. It is my bag, and I can put as many bananas into it for free whenever I want for as often as I want. Owner should fix his security cameras or hire the security guys to check everyone's bags upon exiting — he shouldn't blame people like me. If I know how to steal bananas without being caught, then it is my absolute right to steal them.

I'm sorry, that's how it sounds to me.
Good luck.

Ваш пример совершено не соответствует ситуации.

Позвольте привести пример/аналогию из реальной жизни:

В банке при загрузке банкомата денежными средствами перепутали слоты для загрузки купюр/банкнот. В слот предназначенный для банкнот в 1000 рублей вложили пятитысячные банкноты. Клиенты снимая деньги по банковским картам в данном банкомате, получали сумму в 5 раз больше запрашиваемой, например запрашивали 4000 рублей - банкомат выдавал 4 шт по 5000 руб = 20 000 рублей. Многие клиенты воспользовались этой ошибкой в банкомате и произвели снятие денег несколько раз, не отходя от банкомата. В итоге именно Банк пострадал, понёс убытки.

Банк не имел права принудить клиентов вернуть лишние деньги, полученные в следствии данной ошибки, потому что клиенты ничего противоправного не совершали, своими банковскими картами они производили допустимые действия. Из-за ошибки именно в банкомате (в закладке денежных средств или ошибка в программном обеспечении банкомата) потери всегда несёт именно Банк, а не клиент. И при этом счета клиентов и карточки, привязанные к этим счетам, не блокируются.

Это из реальной практики банковской деятельности.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
I've been to the grocery store yesterday, and the bananas were so easy to steal without anyone noticing, I had to do that. Once they were in my bag, I had an advantage and it was store owner's problem not mine. It is my bag, and I can put as many bananas into it for free whenever I want for as often as I want. Owner should fix his security cameras or hire the security guys to check everyone's bags upon exiting — he shouldn't blame people like me. If I know how to steal bananas without being caught, then it is my absolute right to steal them.

I'm sorry, that's how it sounds to me.
Good luck.
If restarting my device alone changes game data, then it's you, the store owner, who sneakingly threw the bananas into my bag just because I left it open. And then you check them at the door and call the police.
I can't say anything about the bug mentioned, but I've lost an account once because you can't tell the difference between changing time to get advantage and auto-sync changing time for fraction of a second when connectivity kicks in. You really have no right to be that cocky about something as buggy as AC.
To add perspective: your FAQ advises to turn time sync ON, while your helpdesk says to turn it OFF. You can't even get that straight...

To be clear: I don't condemn banning cheaters. I condemn your handling of valid criticism.

Last edited:

PhactorPhil

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
20omhnh9
Username
PhactorPhil

В банке при загрузке банкомата денежными средствами перепутали слоты для загрузки купюр/банкнот. В слот предназначенный для банкнот в 1000 рублей вложили пятитысячные банкноты. Клиенты снимая деньги по банковским картам в данном банкомате, получали сумму в 5 раз больше запрашиваемой, например запрашивали 4000 рублей - банкомат выдавал 4 шт по 5000 руб = 20 000 рублей. Многие клиенты воспользовались этой ошибкой в банкомате и произвели снятие денег несколько раз, не отходя от банкомата. В итоге именно Банк пострадал, понёс убытки.

Банк не имел права принудить клиентов вернуть лишние деньги, полученные в следствии данной ошибки, потому что клиенты ничего противоправного не совершали, своими банковскими картами они производили допустимые действия. Из-за ошибки именно в банкомате (в закладке денежных средств или ошибка в программном обеспечении банкомата) потери всегда несёт именно Банк, а не клиент. И при этом счета клиентов и карточки, привязанные к этим счетам, не блокируются.

If the Google translator did me justice, I agree with your analogy. However, we are talking about something completely different: Players who have routinely, extensively and deliberately exploited a bug for the sole purpose of gaining an unfair advantage in the game to the detriment of other legitimate players.

Take a look at from a different industry all together: https://thepointsguy.com/2012/05/american-airlines-unlimited-aairpass-scandal-what-do-you-think/

Certainly wishful thinking, but here in the U.S., banks will not only reverse the charges to get their money back, they may file charges against the customer if the money is not returned.

Last edited:
Nope. Not once.
you have to look at the statement in its total please dont take it out of context by editing the important stuff out
maybe i should off added that everybody is temted and that 90% in a case were its presented would give in to using the bug but only 30%would admit to have done it

the statement with the most important part higlighted

Lets be real. Everyone has done it before. I'm not going to be a hypocrite by denying it. Whether it be in school on a test or on a video game, we all want to take the shortcut and the easy way out, right?

and this is basic human nature nothing to be ashamed off

D

Deleted member 5399

So if my AC app or any other app installed on my device malfunctions, even though having remote assistance from Microsoft, or tech says for me to go here and perform these steps, you are saying its cheating if I follow microsofts fix???
Reset apps2.JPG
Reset3.JPG
Resetting Apps reccommended by microsoft.JPG

If restarting my device alone changes game data, then it's you, the store owner, who sneakingly threw the bananas into my bag just because I left it open. And then you check them at the door and call the police.
No. Once upon a time, some bananas accidentally fell off the shelf into your bag and the store owner didn’t notice. They certainly didn’t deliberately throw the bananas in your bag. You may not have noticed immediately, but that doesn’t mean you can then go repeatedly to the bananas and knock the shelf trying to make more fall into your bag.

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
JayJay(+urgent item needs)

Maybe things have changed in the last few of years..or they are different from one country to the next...but when I worked in banking if the customer benefited from a bank error the bank had the right to debit the funds from the customers account...even if they didn’t have enough to cover it....essentially leaving the customers account with a negative balance. Fees incur when you have a negative balance and your account and card are closed. And they press charges for the theft also.

I have seen this happen many times.

Winitall63

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Winitall63
Username
Winitall63
Well, my very unimportant two cents here. It is quite apparent that there is a rift between the people who believe they are using exploits, and the people who feel they are cheating. Both sides have made some compelling arguments. I have two thoughts on the whole matter. Firstly, I feel it is cheating to use an exploit to the detriment of other players. Not actually flying the number of passengers you accrue by reset is cheating. If you need to reset your device legitimately and you gain pax I wager nobody will call you out, it is when you gain literally millions of pax by intentionally exploiting the exploit that you incur the wrath. Secondly...why?? I, in my younger days, used to play Oblivion on PC. I found all the exploits and became unbeatable. But to what end? I didn’t gain any wealth or fame, and I cheated myself from the feeling of accomplishment. I have invested too much money in AC to be sure! I feel I need to follow @Bob69bob advice to seek help, but when I finish a goal it makes me feel kinda good for a minute. That is what this game is about for me. Anyway, back to the regular programming now:)

AJ

1200+ Star Club
Immortals
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04XT0XC2X
Username
AJ
GI did the biggest mistake, I mean no one have an idea that flying 1 Million passengers using resources to that of 100k Passengers is completely unfair. How will player's know that resetting the device multiple times in a single day Intentionally is an unfair activity.Everyone knows that flying 10 Million passengers in a single day after you have been reduced to your original passengers is completely fair,This is so bad from GI, They didn't even gave us any warnings, I mean they just dropped passengers of some player's to zero few days before banning there was clearly no warning. They should have invited us to a dinner with devolpers where we should have been briefed about this situation.
So GI have every valid point in this case, so how should we put blame on GI instead of player's? Ohhhh, Start pointing that they are trying to remove old player's.
On a serious note, Some of the player's who got banned are my close friends as well, I want you guys to be unbanned but sorry, In this case, GI is completely right. If you are smart enough to find a bug and exploit it then you should be smart enough to know that using it in Alliance rankings is unfair towards other Alliances who fly fairly. Even if I was banned, I would have admitted it and moved on instead of giving excuses about Old bug's etc.

Top Bottom