Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Age of Ash

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Theo1977
Nothing at all. A dialogue box just popped saying that the neighboring governments saved my city, and everything disappeared.

While in principle this quest was nice, in practice (and possibly due to either deliberate or unintentional programming) it was impossible without buying chests. I guess I am done with AC for quite some time. In case GI acknowledges that they screwed up and somehow manage to come up with something that's actually playable, I may not play AC ever again...after 4 years completing all quests.

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
You missed the entire end probably because you quit watching after the popup screen. --- I completed it a couple of weeks ago and my building is built already. Not sure why others had a hard time completing it - did not seem that hard and I have nearly everything to complete it next time the volcano event is offered. Thanks for letting me know you are quitting - I'll delete you as a neighbor to make room for others.

So just a 'Mission Failed' message. Was expecting some fire and brimstone etc.....

Well, my iOS game completed it, but my android gifting game did not.

On a completed game, an animation of a Ranger Jumbo swoops in and drops a tank into the volcano and extinguishes the lava, creates a smoke that turns the screen white. When the screen clears, the volcano has disappeared.

On a non-completed game, only a pop up window appears telling you "Mission Failed".

Not sure why they did not include the animation whether or not you completed the quest. It's an anti-climax just to get that pop up window.

This is definitely the most challenging quest ever. I suggest next time GI should be more forthcoming, if the odds are this small, they should just say "almost never" instead of "very seldom".

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me
Username
TF and aF
Thankfully it's over! I had a 50/50 success. My main game made it, the other one not. o_O
Imho, I am happy that it's over. Too much time wasted to play and to make the quest!
And when I see all the comments of other players how many resources (fuel, pax, hundreds of greenies, etc.)
they invested, I am afraid that this will be the standard for upcoming quests. And that's not how it should be:
Fun playing the game backs off against a kind of necessity to play and resignation... :eek::stop:

Are we at a crucial point now...? :(:rolleyes:

That was rather harsh @Blue Aero especially so with many on ios reporting near 0 drops for CW during
the events entirety. I inconceivably finished at 4 AM by setting an alarm multiple times to try and get the
last CW item I needed. Got to my last 8 planes landed, nothing, had a full fuel supply and a couple extra fuel 50s
so put them in allowing for 3 instant complete flights to LA. On the last one the stupid vacuum pump dropped.
BTW I saw no animation just a pop up saying I completed the event with no animation just all lava and volcano gone.
Kind of annoying that evidently I needed to be up to see this. Very few easily finished this event and those that did find
it easy were all on windows. I would think you would understand many players frustration with your history dealing with GI. o_O

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Theo1977
You missed the entire end probably because you quit watching after the popup screen. --- I completed it a couple of weeks ago and my building is built already. Not sure why others had a hard time completing it - did not seem that hard and I have nearly everything to complete it next time the volcano event is offered. Thanks for letting me know you are quitting - I'll delete you as a neighbor to make room for others.

Uhm, I am not sure if your post was directed at me or not - but if it was, just a couple of points:

I did not watch anything, as I said, I got a dialogue saying that I had failed my mission and that fortunately neighboring cities came and helped and rescued my city. There was no animation, simply the volcano and burnt land disappeared, and it became back to normal again. Did any iOS player that fail the mission see anything else?

Now, as far as to why "others had a hard time completing it", you may want to refer to posts by SEVERAL iOS players that have played this game way longer than the majority of players on this board, and you can see that unless you purchased chests, or used the code gifts that GI gave, you could NOT complete it.

Congratulations on completing the event, you can enjoy the Capitol :)

Well, my iOS game completed it, but my android gifting game did not.

On a completed game, an animation of a Ranger Jumbo swoops in and drops a tank into the volcano and extinguishes the lava, creates a smoke that turns the screen white. When the screen clears, the volcano has disappeared.

On a non-completed game, only a pop up window appears telling you "Mission Failed".

Not sure why they did not include the animation whether or not you completed the quest. It's an anti-climax just to get that pop up window.

This is definitely the most challenging quest ever. I suggest next time GI should be more forthcoming, if the odds are this small, they should just say "almost never" instead of "very seldom".

Wow, how anti-climatic!!! I only completed the quest on one game and simply got a pop-up with the reward building. Nothing came and extinguished the volcano - very disappointed!!!

On a positive note, I resumed some of my map destination flights and it is so nice to see drops again (with the golden dice bonus)!!!

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04jxy6kb
Username
ryder

Perhaps you might have shared your hints/tips to increase the CW drop rate a couple of weeks ago, in view of how easy you found the quest.

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata
I did not see any animations either. That was the only thing I was looking forward to. I, for one, glad this thing is over. I can now concentrate on flying my thunderbirds.

Top Bottom