Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General Adventure Strategies

You need to have lots of excavation maps, at the least 150 maps. These maps run for 6 hours each and they are classified as flight items meaning you need them to fly just like spare wire, landing lamp, etc. 1 flight 1 map.
What most of us do is to fly excavations when we go to sleep and collect in the morning when we send out our first planes. Again you need to have (Normal) Dice active before you collect. It is hard to fully quantify how much fuel or passengers you will need for speed ups; but the other day I wanted 1 map and it was not coming from normal flights so I sped up my planes with dice active and from 25 flights I got 6 maps including the one I was missing. So what we do here we focus on getting the stars rather than the drops which do improve somehow after the 2nd star.

From excavations you will get adventure maps these also run for 6 hours they are also classified as flight item but unlike the excavation maps you can fly a million times with just 1 map active. 1 map a million flights.

To be efficient you will need lots of fuel and passengers because you will be doing instant returns (speed up) for Mesoamerica destinations (Machu Pichu, Tollan, Quetzlcoatl, Tenochtitlan & Chichen Itza) you will need to have:
  1. 32800 unit of fuel + 10% for mistakes and if there are any other planes that need to fly
  2. 31600 passengers + 10% for the same above reason
  3. Have Golden Dice (must be active before landing your first adventure plane)
  4. Then collect from each destination 36 items
Edit: these are the numbers are for 3 starring all the destinations

You can also activate other bonuses like business class, family ticket (to double your passenger building yields), wind charm, robot loader, golden key (reduces plane breakdown), alarm clock (to make passengers available instantly), etc.

You also need to have 6 or 12 or 24 very cold beers, enough battery power and snacks because to get 3 buildings you fly for 3 hours without even realising it and to do all 6 in 1 go you maybe looking at flying for 6 hours

My 2 cents worth of what I know but I'm sure other more knowledgeable players will add more.

Last edited:
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04lfzxlw
Username
Thijs1512
You need to have lots of excavation maps, at the least 150 maps. These maps run for 6 hours each and they are classified as flight items meaning you need them to fly just like spare wire, landing lamp, etc. 1 flight 1 map.
What most of us do is to fly excavations when we go to sleep and collect in the morning when we send out our first planes. Again you need to have (Normal) Dice active before you collect. It is hard to fully quantify how much fuel or passengers you will need for speed ups; but the other day I wanted 1 map and it was not coming from normal flights so I sped up my planes with dice active and from 25 flights I got 6 maps including the one I was missing. So what we do here we focus on getting the stars rather than the drops which do improve somehow after the 2nd star.

From excavations you will get adventure maps these also run for 6 hours they are also classified as flight item but unlike the excavation maps you can fly a million times with just 1 map active. 1 map a million flights.

To be efficient you will need lots of fuel and passengers because you will be doing instant returns (speed up) for Mesoamerica destinations (Machu Pichu, Tollan, Quetzlcoatl, Tenochtitlan & Chichen Itza) you will need to have:
  1. 32800 unit of fuel + 10% for mistakes and if there are any other planes that need to fly

You can also activate other bonuses like business class, family ticket (to double your passenger building yields), wind charm, robot loader, golden key (reduces plane breakdown), alarm clock (to make passengers available instantly), etc.

You also need to have 6 or 12 or 24 very cold beers, enough battery power and snacks because to get 3 buildings you fly for 3 hours without even realising it and to do all 6 in 1 go you maybe looking at flying for 6 hours

My 2 cents worth of what I know but I'm sure other more knowledgeable players will add more.
Wow thanks, this really helps.
If i may ask how do you get the excavations maps? And how do you save up 30000 fuel if the limit is 100 items so 100 times 20 is 2000..?

how do you get the excavations maps?
You buy them at Duke's airship store everytime he comes around I buy all 5 at 2000 coins per map
how do you save up 30000 fuel if the limit is 100 items so 100 times 20 is 2000.
There are more genius ways one may use to save fuel (I don't have that limit on my main game). I have read on this forum long ago on how to save fuel and there were suggestions on not accepting fuel from neighbours after you have reached your warehouse maximum another way is to launch and collect then leave launch boxes unopened.

@Thijs1512, @Jair Alexander There is a guide to excavation flights and what you need etc in the guide section of the forum. I know Teboho is happy to answer questions, but you can find most of the information you need by looking around the forum.
On,y thing I’ll add is that the excavation flights don’t require items other than the timed maps. This is an area where the 100 item limit stinks, but you can also save 100 each of the 50s, 150s, and 300s. It becomes a harder issue as you fly bigger planes and need even more fuel

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
JayJay(+urgent item needs)

Edit: these are the numbers are for 3 starring all the destinations

@Teboho if only you could have posted this before I first attempted adventure flights...no matter how much I read here on the forum I was still a bit clueless. I had to go over and over and over some more... info from various postings including the guides that have been provided by other gracious forum members. Your explanation is simple and very easy to understand if you are clueless as I once was.

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
03mzsdlw
Username
Deepgreensea
I'm happy to share with you my experience. I started by reading the links that @Teboho posted above and the other posts on the forum on the subject. I had read that the bonus Dice could help when flying Excavation Maps so initially I just bought 5 Mesoamerica maps each time Duke Crocker came to town until I had over a hundred in my warehouse. Then one saturday I bought the Dice Bonus for 3 greens and flew the turboprops until I ran out of excavation maps. That rewarded me with between 2 and 6 each of the Mesoamerica maps.

I then did a map run every 2 or 3 weeks until I ran out of fuel or passengers (usually fuel) getting something like 12 to 20 drops each time. I have the 100 item limit so once my warehouse was full with Fuel 20, I just stopped 'Taking' the F20 gifts from my neighbours but I continued sending to my neighbours of course as they continued to send me Fuel 20. Although it only shows something like 300 gifts in you incoming view, you don't lose the gifts you've been sent over and above that. They will show once you start taking the gifts in view.

So on each map run I'd use up the F20 fuel in my warehouse until it was depleted, then 'take' 100 fuel 20 in my gift incoming list. Once that fuel was used up I'd do another round taking the F20 gifts until they were all taken. I used the Golden Dice bonus @ 4 greens for each map run.

Up until Easter I had three Aztec Pyramids using this method which I had collected since the beginning of January. Thanks to @Madegwen59 I joined a fuel ring over the Easter weekend and actually managed to complete the 36 item drops needed for each map to get the 6 pyramids this weekend. Without the fuel ring that would have probably taken until the end of May.

My strategy for the Ancient Rome Excavation maps is different in that I've been buying 5 maps twice a week and have been flying them over night. I'm aiming for 20 map chests which should give me at least 2 maps for each destination (fingers crossed). I'm also doing the same with the Stonehenge and Ancient Egypt Excavation Maps as I think I will need to do more map runs as they are hungrier on fuel and passengers, so I'm starting early.

I try not to use my lager fuel stores (eg. Fuel 50) as I think I will need them later for the bigger planes.

Two tips I picked up from the forum during my Aztec mission are to use the Business Class bonus if you have any for extra coins, and to land as many guest planes as you can during the map runs to extend your fuel and passenger resources.

I would suggest that we shift our mindsets from drop rates to 3 starring the destinations, this will make the game enjoyable. Any other thing becomes secondary although very lucrative. What I know for certain is that something will definitely drop (so, this shouldn't be a worry).
I really like your attitude! :):):) Flying for the stars relieves a lot of stress! Nothing comes quickly or easily in this game - so might as well enjoy our flights, launches and events, and be pleasantly surprised when we get that drop we've been waiting for.

I really like your attitude! :):):) Flying for the stars relieves a lot of stress! Nothing comes quickly or easily in this game - so might as well enjoy our flights, launches and events, and be pleasantly surprised when we get that drop we've been waiting for.
Im goIng for 350 stars, but the pace has slowed! Alliance 1000 flights are the new challenge. Only on ppd's at the moment and only 3 starred Riga. Three more destinations to go before I can change to turbo props!

The other suggestion I’d make is setting up a 2x square surrounded by passenger bonus buildings. Drop your buildings in here before collecting and then move them back. Even if you don’t have any bonuses with 2 radius you can still get a pretty nice bonus, especially on the larger pax buildings

Full disclosure - I didn’t see the benefit in doing this until I tried it with my Stonehenge runs. It makes a world of difference when you can double your passengers that way alone.

Stonehenge uses a mix of Delta and Powerful Delta. I tried to do my first run by 3 starring the Deltas and 2 starring the Powerful Deltas. That got me 2 buildings without a bunch of bonuses.

If you have the limit it does get harder for sure but the star based approach is a good one.

Top Bottom