Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

World Map Icon & top 100 finishes

I just checked the GIANT destinations and noticed that Popssie already has 30 flights to Caracas, 18 flights to Tortuga, 12 flights to Toronto, 20 flights to Oslo and 20 flights to Johannesburg. That's 900 hours of flying (assuming the planes are not S1) and it's only Tuesday. Only 60 hours since the Sunday reset. I'm terrible at math ... is this even possible? Just wondering.
Cheers,
Tom

And I am just wondering, how come there are so few people I know in the Top 100?
There are hardly anyone from this forum too?

And I am just wondering, how come there are so few people I know in the Top 100?
Hi @Bali Hi .
I'm one of the "hardly anyone from this forum" that enjoy the Top 100. I fly in Delta destinations right now.
I feel now most of the competitor rather honest than before.
Maybe GI manage to weed out the time travelers or they become more cautios not to be on first place on lots of destinations.
But still sometimes I felt that someone doing time traveling.

Device
  1. iPad
I played both my devices while on a real cross country flight on a business trip here in the US and noticed that my flights are no longer accumulating on either device since that flight. I won't even bother sending GI a message as I already know what their accusation and decision will be. It's ridiculous.

Suresh

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Message me for code
Username
Suresh
Bali Hi
I am surely one of the forum member who is always in the running for top 100 places ;) Currently running with 3 jumbos to Hawaiian islands and 3 powerful delta to Antarctica :D

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
see my signature
Username
see my signature
ok - did some tests last week and noticed that (tested on V2.08.01 droid)
  • all completed flights count towards your destination total (completed offline or online)
  • If you tap on the destination and then tap on the "Top 100" - your total shown there does not always update with your completed flights - but suddenly jumps up when the refresh timer ends.
  • For your completed flights to count towards the top 100 - you have to be online when the destination refresh counter hits zero
  • If you miss the cut off on Sunday (mine was 20:00 GMT) - the remain flights are carried over to the next week (I had 45 flights to London carried over as it did not hit the cut off mark)
BTW - If GIS is blocking your game (for what every reason drummed up by their support team, time travelling, cheating etc) you do not progress in the top 100 list.

Hope that kind of makes sense....

Tip - those 150 unit oil barrels are very handy...

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
I've just checked the world map and the same person (@)ydl(@) is in top place for every single location! How is this possible?!?!
Ianda11,
I checked last week and that person was #1 -- by far -- for every giant plane destination. Frankly, I don't think it is possible. Something fishy about that whole competition.
Cheers,
Tom

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Ianda11
Yes, definitely something not right. Their lowest flight count I saw was 104,and their highest over 400. Most were between 200-300 flights for every destination . That just isn't possible.

Obviously some people can still rig the game? But I wonder what motivates that person to send flights back and forth 200-300 times?

Strangely, on my game that person @ydl@ does not appear in any South American Top 3 destination.
Could it be he/she was banished? Or is there a different list for iOS players??

BTW, I am currently #5 and #13 for Johannesburg.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
This has been going on since this competition started. I did some calculations and wrote about the impossibility of some of the winners months ago. You would think that GI, with it's overwhelming compulsion to punish time-travelers and other so-called-cheaters, would have figured out by now that something fishy is going on.
Cheers,
Tom

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
awed7nj
Username
SamZee
It definitely seems that there are different rankings for different platforms. On my Android game that name doesn't. Appear, but I get your point. The same thing happens on Android, but with different names

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Right now on my game, (@)ydl(@) is #1 for London, Iceland, Oslo, Amsterdam, London, Paris, Berlin, Saint Petersburg, Moscow, Baikonur, Turkish Coast, Cyprus, Delhi, Dubai, Egypt, Malta, Rome, Barcelona, Canary Islands, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Goa, Nepal, Sydney, Bali Island, Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo, Vladivostok, Antarctic, Arctic Station, Iceland, Montreal, Toronto, New York ... I stopped checking.
And the number of flights is usually twice those of whoever comes in second. Fishy!
Cheers,
Tom

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Ianda11
I get placed most weeks, but normally very low ranking. Bali Hi you're not showing in the rankings for Johannesburg on my iPad game.

Think I'll send an email to GI. Will probably get the automatic response of requesting a screen shot and then being deemed as solved.

From the discussion. I have resolved that there are minimal 2 Top 100 board.
One for iOS and one for Android.
@Bali Hi and @SamZee (android player) can't see what @greensmith and @landa11 (iOS player) talking about.
From that argument settle that winning Top 100 should be easier than if the two platform combined.

From my experience ( winning Top 100 for couple times ) guys like (@)ydl(@) registered their flights just in one day.
And not going to add more to their flight anymore.
So you have to be more vigilante in trying.

I guess GI know about this and look the other way. Because this is a win win solution for them.
We (honest players) don't easily get high prizes and they (time travelers) don't get their prizes at all (and maybe get banned).

We have to acknowledged things like this is normal. In our society too, there is a lot of cheaters who get away with luxury.
All we have to do is stay honest.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
awed7nj
Username
SamZee
Has anybody managed to work out what the actual prises are for this ranking competition.

I have won a silver chest for finishing second and a small bronze chest for finishing 9th. Plus a couple of collection chests for finishing in top 50?

Top Bottom