Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows - Weekly Trading Thread - August 22, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
My game has not updated yet but if I go into the store it says an update is available, but I am a bit nervous about trying it :cautious::cautious:
Anybody else tried it apart from @BelleAIr
Agree - I am very, very nervous, and have just taken a backup in case!!! - may not work after n upgrade, but in case of a "roll-back" or restore of the old version!

DAILY INSTRUCTIONS
1) Open file explorer, click on the view tab and just to the right of the header ensure the box, Hidden files or items is checked.
2) You can manually save the game each day if you feel comfortable with that, by going to: This PC. Click on C/users/username/AppData/Local/Packages/xxxxxxAirportCityxxxxx/LocalState
3) In this folder there is a SaveProfile.bin file. Copy and paste it, preferably on another drive, SDCard, Thumb drive, but not on the same drive you are using for OS. Note that again unless the hidden items box is not checked under the view tab, a user cannot see the AppData folder. (I also do this with playerpref.dat)
4) If you save a shortcut on your desktop, it is eveen easier.
RECOVERY INSTRUCTIONS
1) If your game should happen to crash and revert back to level 1, all you need to do is get the game to level 5 first, close the game and the LocalState folder is created along with the first SaveProfile.bin file.
2) Go to where you saved your own bin file earlier, copy it and paste it into the LocalState folder, replacing the one already there.
3) Open the game once again and you should be right where you left off.
NOTE/WARNING
Some players can use this technique to cheat. It works for me as purely a back up for lost games, and is only recommended in that context.

Cath

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
cath
My game has not updated yet but if I go into the store it says an update is available, but I am a bit nervous about trying it :cautious::cautious:
Anybody else tried it apart from @BelleAIr
Do not think I will update yet, see how it goes first I know I will loose out on neighbor visits etc but I am holding for a few days I think ;)

I didn't choose to update though...I loaded my game and it was just different all the sudden. Unfortunately I didn't backup, but I did follow Ralphy's directions and I see a file called SaveProfile_backup.bin and it has a time stamp of 8:30am, which is before the change. Would that work if I changed the name or did my game update and that might cause issues? My tech husband usually answers my panic questions, but he is away right now. :p

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Please Message me to request
Username
gbs
I don't know what is up with GI but it's 2 hours from the end of the current gifting period and I have had no incoming gifts at all today. I am sure people will have sent them because I also havent received fuel20 that I sent to my main game from my drone. Anyone else experiencing delays?

Vivke

350+ Star Club
and will continue because took a wrong tab

@lula, Henke & Portugal, but don't think they are from the forum.
All my other good neighbours are gone :( and didn't do anything to update the game. Hope I get all of you back.

Also my gifting list is totally different, will update it in the weekend.

It's indeed so that some buildings are totally different and the pop up screens are very big now. Perhaps it's because I play on a tablet.

My game code has also changed: it's now 20dztkiq.
Hope we all can get connected again.

My game also looks totally different when I started it up just now, got home late and wanted to take a quick look but what a big surprise and don't know if I'm very pleased with it.

I only have 7 more friends: Madlen Airborn, @Brickhouse , @david smith only gamerader, @Cath only cath 1
sent invite from gameradar2

and will continue because took a wrong tab

@lula, Henke & Portugal, but don't think they are from the forum.
All my other good neighbours are gone :( and didn't do anything to update the game. Hope I get all of you back.

Also my gifting list is totally different, will update it in the weekend.

It's indeed so that some buildings are totally different and the pop up screens are very big now. Perhaps it's because I play on a tablet.

My game code has also changed: it's now 20dztkiq.
Hope we all can get connected again.
Sent you an invite. My new code is 2054skoz. Also, if you remove the road from the air ship, it will stop loading the air ship constantly. @david smith and I got your invite, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom