Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows update is available

Kris

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wc949to
Username
Turion1973
Few minutes ago I've just installed the windows update for pc.

The problem is that now the game doesn't start. My daughter has the same trouble.

Would it work for someone?
I had the same problem this morning, I guess we will just have to wait on a patch update to fix problem. I have had similar issues with other windows game once before. On the other game this happened to it was because the update was released before Microsoft approved the update. Microsoft basically blocked the game play until update was approved. Hopefully, they will give us a update on the progress, because last time it took two weeks for Microsoft to approve the game update from a different company.

Anubhav

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
See My Username
Username
See My Friend Code
Here is The Answer To Our Problems-
BTW-i am the first One to Like The Post Of AC Fan Page.:D:hilarious:
i don't Like that stewardess Jane Crying.:love::LOL::love::LOL:

Screenshot (92).png

Kindest Regards,
Anubhav.

Device
  1. Windows Mobile
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
23f9bjy9
Username
jaume
SEnt them my game log as requested.

Me too, and support's answer is "Our engineers have been informed and are taking necessary measures to troubleshoot the problem. Anticipating your question on the time when the issue is completely resolved I would like to let you know that it is expected to be eliminated in the upcoming update."

Device
  1. Windows Mobile
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
23f9bjy9
Username
jaume
Now i've sent a .dll
It seems that they are working hard...

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wj0ang4
Username
HS
I received the following from support, but don't understand what it means by "Device name and model", "Open the game and fold the application" or how to find what they are asking. Can someone that has sent theirs help explain where to find these please?

By device name & model - does this mean desktop PC & laptop PC? When I go to folder C:user (Hope) there's not any of the other files/folders listed. I tried using search in folder C, but still didn't find it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

So that I could look closer into your case and consider all options we have, please provide me with the following details:
1. Device name and model.
2. OS version.
3. Crash reports.
To get the information under question, please perform the activities:
1) Open the game and fold the application.
2) Go to folder C:Users<user name>AppDataLocalPackages EB8BD08.AirportCity_erk4rrwmt7jytTempState
3) Find the UnityPlayer.log file and send it to me in the attachment.

Anubhav

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
See My Username
Username
See My Friend Code
@HS72

This is Really Frustrating.
If You send Log Info,Then GI Will Reply With Response That Your Issue Has Been Tferred To CareFull Investigation Team and It Took More Than 5 Days.
And after 5 days Boom Boom.:stop::stop::stop:
That's Why I haven't Written To GI About This Update Problem.
BTW-Good Luck.(y)

@Cosmic Blue

As Fellow Player Of Same Platform,Can You Talk To Ivan Personally Relating To This Matter.
Hope He Might Give advice/Suggestion/Info Realting To Our Problem.
Edited-Its Above 2 3 Days I Haven't Played Airport City.:unsure::unsure:

Kindest Regards,
Anubhav.

Last edited:

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
I received the following from support, but don't understand what it means by "Device name and model", "Open the game and fold the application" or how to find what they are asking. Can someone that has sent theirs help explain where to find these please?

By device name & model - does this mean desktop PC & laptop PC? When I go to folder C:user (Hope) there's not any of the other files/folders listed. I tried using search in folder C, but still didn't find it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

So that I could look closer into your case and consider all options we have, please provide me with the following details:
1. Device name and model.
2. OS version.
3. Crash reports.
To get the information under question, please perform the activities:
1) Open the game and fold the application.
2) Go to folder C:Users<user name>AppDataLocalPackages EB8BD08.AirportCity_erk4rrwmt7jytTempState
3) Find the UnityPlayer.log file and send it to me in the attachment.

1.Device name and model means the type of computer whether desktop or laptop and the brand. ex. Acer desktop AM3910-Exxxxx.
you can find you computer information by going into control panel/system and security/system view amount of ram and processor speed - you find the information they need there.

2. os version is windows 8.1 some will show the build or whether it is home or premium.

2 to get crash reports follow the steps outlined.

step 1 open the game and let it automatically reduce itself with the game still open and minimized.
Step 2 click on the folder icon on the bottom toolbar: find folder c:\ then find folder called users, then the subfolder with your username which is usually your email address.
then find the subfolder called AppDatalocalpackages, the subfolder which has the airport city name in it.
step 3 open that folder and copy any file with the name unity in it and send it to GI.

I hope that i made it a bit clear for you.

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
@Anubhav

They are trying to resolve the problem as quickly as they can. I have not played Airport City for over 3 days now. All I can do is follow the same procedures as anyone else, bugging Ivan is not going to help my case or anybody else.

alex

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wulgnol
Username
alex
Oke here is my fix, I am a bit technical related,
I saw the unityplayer log and found
http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/cr...-updating-unity-from-4-5-0-to-4-6-2p2.323339/
What I beleive is the GI Tech asking for advice.

The fix for me is
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\0EB8BD08.AirportCity_erk4rrwmt7jyt\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0_32\NativeImages
Change folder MATWindows81SDK to MATWindows81SDK_old
Change folder Newtonsoft.Json to Newtonsoft.Json_old

If it did not help change folders back to there name

Phlflyer1

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wzu8fbf
Username
Phlflyer1
Alex,

Thanks for posting this fix. I tried it and was able to start the game after being down for the past couple of days. It worked just fine.

I had a bunch of new quests and got credit for a lot of things that I've already completed that pushed me up to level 50.

One thing I am noticing, and just want to make sure that others with the update are seeing the same thing, is that now when I click on a passenger or revenue building, rather than drop a single coin or suitcase with the amount that it usually did, I am now seeing the same reward split between three coins or three suitcases.

In other words, the revenue or passengers for a building are still the same but the graphic when clicking on the building now shows three coins or suitcases coming out of the building.

Are others with the update seeing the same thing?

Kris

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wc949to
Username
Turion1973
Alex,

Thanks for posting this fix. I tried it and was able to start the game after being down for the past couple of days. It worked just fine.

I had a bunch of new quests and got credit for a lot of things that I've already completed that pushed me up to level 50.

One thing I am noticing, and just want to make sure that others with the update are seeing the same thing, is that now when I click on a passenger or revenue building, rather than drop a single coin or suitcase with the amount that it usually did, I am now seeing the same reward split between three coins or three suitcases.

In other words, the revenue or passengers for a building are still the same but the graphic when clicking on the building now shows three coins or suitcases coming out of the building.

Are others with the update seeing the same thing?
I'm seeing the same thing on the update. The only thing is also noticed is there is no little airport city people moving around the buildings. I wonder is this fix is just a temporary work around and a update to fully fix the problem is going to be pushed down. Because I have also noticed that the game runs sluggish too.

Kris

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wc949to
Username
Turion1973
http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/cr...-updating-unity-from-4-5-0-to-4-6-2p2.323339/

The fix for me is
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\0EB8BD08.AirportCity_erk4rrwmt7jyt\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0_32\NativeImages

The fix worked for me. Is this fix a temporary work around? I noticed a lot of new stuff, but I also noticed that there are no animations of people walking around the businesses now.

alex

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wulgnol
Username
alex
What is my understanding, and watch out, it get technical. Is that with the update some old version of (DLL) libary are being used that are supposed to be replaced or deleted.

The fix renamed the old libary so the programm can not find it, normaly behaver of windows than supply them from an other location. Why is this good. Because the old version does not work, it is missing stuff and the other version on your pc/laptop does have it.

Then what is next. I gues that GI will push an update soon, with the new libary. So please see this as temp sollution. A sollution you can use if you do not want to wait for the official sollution.
But as it was a faulty old Dynamic libary, the things you are seeing now, is the thing you suppose to see.

I also see that when you click on a house, the normaly supply 8 people, you now get 2x3 - 1x2 some bonus people and a lot of new task. I also saw a week before this update, that some people where on level 50, one time 80. Thought it where cheaters. But now these where probaly testers.

Last edited:
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
GAB

The fix for me is

Thank you for the fix

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wk6wvu5
Username
ace pilot
Thanks, works like a charm. Don't care if there are no people moving about, as long as I can still play it.

Top Bottom