Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows 10 Update Failure.

kurimon100

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
PC:206zg3ze
Username
iPad:Subkurimom PC:kurimother
I tried to rollback from Windows10 to 8.1 today.The result is...
Don't need to rollback!!
The game on Windows8.1 crashed down just after start, even an opening screen did not appear.
And then I installed Windows10 again.
But AirportCity disappeared from starting menu. The game was uninstalled from my computer!!!
I installed AirportCity while preparing for the worst situation....
Fortunately, I was able to see for an instant the latest my city before it crashed.
I think this problem is caused by Windows10 update on 8th or 9th Aug.
Sorry for my poor English every time.

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
Don't need to rollback!!
The game on Windows8.1 crashed down just after start, even an opening screen did not appear.
But AirportCity disappeared from starting menu. The game was uninstalled from my computer!!!
Fortunately, I was able to see for an instant the latest my city before it crashed.

This problem also exists on windows 8.1, I have yet to upgrade. It seems the last 3 updates had issues with crashing for windows players. Alex solutions seems to fix the problem.

Kris

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wc949to
Username
Turion1973
Having the same issue did the upgrade and AC crashes just as if it has the last two updates. This is becoming a joke, isn't GI troubleshooting these issues. I think every time this happens GI should give us 100 greenies for the trouble. I love this game and have been playing for over year now, but I just don't think I can handle anymore update failures before I have to hang up my hat on AC.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
Please PM Neighbor and Gift Requests
Username
SDave, Derby, and Tatsu
Don't need to rollback!!
Your English is excellent, better than my students!

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
@Kris

I agree with you that more troubleshooting is needed.

But how do you trouble shoot windows 10 in game, if Microsoft is releasing it on a limited basis for now.

GI may have recently gotten it hands on windows 10 version, it takes time to dissect and merge the new changes into the game.

Do not forget they are dealing with many different platforms at the same time.

Kris

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wc949to
Username
Turion1973
I have noticed that they have placed a type of file called activation in a new folder were Alex usually put the quick fix to get the game back going. It seems to me that GI is trying to code a file to re activate our save files on their servers as it is failing to do so upon start up. I did play around with another account of AC on my other computer by moving all the files that used to be in the AC folder back to the AC folder along with the new activation folder and the game worked, but it restarted the game back at level 1. This tells me that the activation folder is not pulling our save file from GI's Server, and probably is the result of a broken file naming string in the activation program. I don't know much about programing, but I'm pretty fluent in server and networking.

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Another update (3.5.1.0) is out for Windows, should be available to everyone within the next few hours. Please tell us if your Airport City experience got better after you've installed it!

Kris

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wc949to
Username
Turion1973
Another update (3.5.1.0) is out for Windows, should be available to everyone within the next few hours. Please tell us if your Airport City experience got better after you've installed it!
I got the update installed and all seems to be running pretty smooth. In Win 10 AC switches smoothly between full screen and minimized/maximized windows. Looks like everything is smooth now, I will update more if any glitches arise. Thank you for the quick updates and fixes!!

Phlflyer1

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wzu8fbf
Username
Phlflyer1
I got the update installed and all seems to be running pretty smooth. In Win 10 AC switches smoothly between full screen and minimized/maximized windows. Looks like everything is smooth now, I will update more if any glitches arise. Thank you for the quick updates and fixes!!

That's interesting as my game was running under Windows 10 just fine before this latest update but, now, the game crashes upon startup and even after backing up, uninstalling and reinstalling, it no longer works in Windows 10 with the latest windows updates :(

kurimon100

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
PC:206zg3ze
Username
iPad:Subkurimom PC:kurimother
@SactoDave
Thank you very much. My English is poor, but I didn't want you to do experience same as me.

Anyway.I confirmed whether there was update to my computer this morning.
There were some windows updates,and one of them (KB3081436) needed reboot.
I started AC after reboot, AC worked!!! The game was window mode and icons(coins,passengers..) were small small....but it worked!!!
And then I confirmed AC's update in Settings and program files, but the latest date was the same that I reinstalled 11th Aug,
So I went to Windows Store, found AC's new update and executed it.
Now it works as full screen mode.
Unfortunately I can't say which update it is caused by because Windows10's update histories were reset by the result that I executed a downgrade and a upgrading

I think that the developer has trouble with the cause of a platform updated frequently.
Thank you for all developers.

Now all i need is a restore code for gameradar, I also had to contact microsoft about a glitch with windows 10, I lost my license for my AMD quick stream when i updated from win 8.1 OEM ( orignial equipment manafacture) to win 10 home, all I needed to do was reinstall my AMD catalyst control center to fix problem.

Kris

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wc949to
Username
Turion1973
Now all i need is a restore code for gameradar, I also had to contact microsoft about a glitch with windows 10, I lost my license for my AMD quick stream when i updated from win 8.1 OEM ( orignial equipment manafacture) to win 10 home, all I needed to do was reinstall my AMD catalyst control center to fix problem.
@david smith AMD just released their update catalyst for WIN 10 on the 12th. I updated with no glitches at all.

Really ?? +99 Getting old fast.................
upload_2015-8-13_9-52-55.png

alex

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wulgnol
Username
alex
Hi Guys, How is AC now In Windows 10, any improvements, is it safe for the rest of us to migratie to windows 10 ?

Top Bottom