Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Weekly Alliance Mission upcoming changes

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Well said @andy8758 as a fellow UK citizen of 65 years I agree with the state of the country.
Also whatever happens in the game happens I will adapt and I can also say I do not exceed the 100 limit anyway apart from Solid Fuel:LOL:

Also as a fellow Brit, I didn't vote either way and try not to read the news I actually have no clue what's going on either atm

Free2Play, with the changes coming for the alliance tasks, I really hope you have considered making all alliance tasks the new destinations only. And......the drop rate could also be changed to "seldom" instead of "almost never".

At the rate of when a new alliance destination shows up and how many items I have managed to get to drop for the collections, I will never complete any of the collections in my lifetime.... :) in order to even get the Tower of London or Eiffel Tower.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9675

After seeing both sides of the situation; what I do see is what occurred several years ago when EA tried to make changes such as this to Need for Speed World. After 5 years I believe, the company called it quits with the MMO version,(online), and just focused on sales of digital games.

And if people think it's unfair for my city to be much larger than most at level 80, then maybe I too should be compensated for the, in excess of 1000 US dollars I have paid into it.

Maybe I should pick up my VR headgear and spend my money there from now on.

nick6901

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fq8zi
Username
nick6901
Thanks for bringing this issue up! Nobody was talking about it for a few hours, and I already started to worry that someone was actually busy playing the game.

Our team has no authority to remove the limit, and it is going to stay.

However, it is indeed unfair to the newer players that old players don't have it yet, and this issue will be addressed in the future updates. As in, old players will get the limit, too, and everyone will be in the same room. It is inevitable, and it's only a matter of time.

Now you can burn me :)
Thanks a lot.From now on i don't have to spend any more money for gold subscription and greens.What a mood breaker this post was!!!!!! surely i will quit game the moment that limit will take place.

Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Friend Code
23igolyq
Username
A Disco
Firstly, its great news to hear that the ally-tasks are being changed! As they are now its’s nearly impossible for a 100-limit-player to make three when you pass 62 and impossible after 72 (unless you want to spend near three-figures of greenies every week).

I started playing last year and Im suffering from the 100-limit-curse and in my view the game certainly isn’t designed for it. But it was first when I hit 62 I started to suffer from it and now at 75 it is actually a show stopper; for example the unpossibility to do more than two task, gift boxes is virtually useless since 90% of the items will be lost, a lot of gifts from neighbours just vanish, upgrading buildings a waste of money, a lot more maps needed for adventure flights and the list goes on.

At the earlier levels I enjoyed the game and the limit didn’t come into play that much but now the unbalance between game mechanics and the limit is taking away a lot of the fun and for you guys that have been playing for much longer time and without the limit I just can imagine that it is going be terrible if not big changes to the mechanics is done.

Inevitable some changes have to be done since 100-limit-accounts are of a lesser value and can’t really compete and that suffers the regrowth of players, at least the devoted ones. I had hope that GI would offer some “unlocking the warehouse”-quest or similar during the end game to keep old players happy and let in new players to compete on the same conditions. The knowledge that I would be able to compete fairly in the future would be good enough in this situation.

I have to say i'm not sharing your pain at all as a fellow 100 item limit player. THe only part I agree with is the 3 alliance tasks which are impossible with only 100 items. The rest of it just takes a bit of planning and management. Oh... and no fat fingers hitting the "Take All" button on the Gift list. Thats the only time I lose gifts...

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Hi!

After seeing threads like this, I have this awkward feeling that all our development efforts like 250+ collections, several hundred unique flights and buildings, and a new update every two weeks, are pointless, because the only thing everyone cares about is a sale that last happened two years ago, and our superiors should just disband the whole team and stop doing all updates except sales. :)

The good thing here, though, is that we have stats that prove that notion false, because most players just enjoy the game for what it is and are having fun with whatever we come up with to entertain them.

Also, the stats help us find the weak spots, and improve them. Last year, we've already made changes to the alliance mission, making it easier to complete. However, we see that was not enough, and are making further changes: depending on your level it will be 5% to 35% easier to complete.

If QA goes well, we'll release the changes tonight, and the changes will take effect when the next alliance mission becomes available on Monday. Have fun!

Ivan.
I had to say something because I was the one who started that post. I've been playing this game for over 2 years now, and have accomplished quite a bit in those two years without the CBM. The idea of the thread wasn't meant to undermine you guys efforts at GI (shoot, I've been speaking highly of the improvements you guys made last year). However, regardless of all the improvements you guys have made, that will not remove the fact that people were looking forward to this sale. Actually, if you read the thread, you see a majority of the players (including myself) stating that we have backup plans in case the sale doesnt happen, and stating that there is way too much to do in this game for the fun to end due to a sale that may or may not happen. I say all of that to say this:
"We are more than appreciative of the great work that you guys have done at GI, and we will continue to support you guys as Airport City evolves"
Just wanted to clear the air. (y)

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I think those of you with the limit have benefitted greatly from players like me, judging by the amount of visits I get to my planetariums etc each day. I don’t recall telling any of you to suck it up or stop moaning and I don’t think this should be an opportunity for those who were hit by the limit to see it as a good thing for those of us who weren’t.(general comment not directed specifically at you) I thought it was unfair that the limit was brought in (especially at 100, 1000 maybe?) I accept all friends requests until I hit 500, prioritising those with under 70 stars to do my bit and help others as I had been helped.

If you have the limit you can’t possibly know the effect of what losing it would bring. (I have many support accounts with the limit so I know what that is like.) I have spent a fortune in time and money on my main game building 6 of all the factories, 6 visa centres, 6 police stations, 6 of pretty much everything - all to provide me fuel and passengers to play at the highest level. I have the productivity ability of a large country that will soon only be supplying a small city. This stock will all be whittled down to 100 but my factories etc will still be producing huge quantities of unusable material. Not the circumstances in which I joined nor spent my time and money.
Well it looks like you wont lose items....just wont be able to add anymore. I admit it does suck....never been a fan of that limit from the start either. I felt it for those that had it

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Well said sir - I tip my hat to you! (@andy8758 very good points as well always a good read and always love the UK comparisons!!)

I'm personally NOT opposed to having a Limit, HOWEVER, I strongly feel that 100 Limit is way to small to really excel in this game. I like the idea of a higher limit - 500 or 1000 maybe? Imposing a 100 Limit on all players will just handcuff the hardcore veterans and will def turn them off and away from AC...:blackeye:
1000 would work just fine for me....I vouch for that (y)

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Man, with such huge news from Ivan about the 100 item limit posed on everyone, the forum is in an uproar! A full-on riot has broken out! Our peaceful forum has become one of chaos, weeping, wailing, and outrage.
It's not the most pleasing news, I admit, but I will do my best to adapt to the upcoming changes. What this means is that anything dealing with a map needs to be taken care of asap, as that will be the area of the game that is most heavily impacted. Good thing my Adventure Maps days are coming to a close. If the alliance maps will take too long to get the required drops for S3, then Ill just settle for S2 and use the gold I acquired, since CBM may not be happening anyway.
Bottom Line: The limit would suck, but my game will go on. As Sizzla seh "Rise to the Occasion, look at yourself and say you're strong....No one can stop you!!!" :singing::D

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
I really think there will be a work around the limit by paying real money. The reasoning behind this limit is probably for GI to make more money. (Also the same reason CBM is not on offer yet, Ivan already said that CBM offer was not a good one for GI (again, money-wise)).

Either they increase the limit by subscriptions (for example: silver for 500-item-limit, gold for unlimited) or somehow pay real money to buy a warehouse building to increase the limit.

I know it sucks for those who will lose out on what they he, but hopefully it will allow the devs to balance the game better. I know there are plenty of other areas that are not balanced. Taking the thread to back where it started it will be a lot easier to balance things like alliance missions going forward. Currently I suspect those without the limit find them fairly easy to do. ( I may be wrong, please correct me if this is the case) however I'd really struggle to do even one mission every week. I would imagine if I geared myself to it i'd manage but because it seems so hard for the rewards i decided to focus elsewhere, such as space flights.
Anyway. With everyone on the same rules (for thist at least) lt becomes easier to get the difficulty right.

I certainly do feel for those who have upgraded all of their production buildings. I have only bothered to partially upgrade as there is no point for me currently with the 100 limit. It might be different for others with higher end fleets. You will also still be able to replenish more quickly so hopefully it won't be a complete loss. Maybe try and see it that you he already benefited from those buildings for a period anyway? I don't know if that will help soften the blow.

I will say to Free2Play that maybe upping the limit slightly to say 200 or 250 and maybe people will be able to use their upgraded production better and it might encourage people like me to upgrade production, however I suspect this will all be based on the statistics your end. It might also soften the impact for those losing unlimited storage.

I have to say i'm not sharing your pain at all as a fellow 100 item limit player. THe only part I agree with is the 3 alliance tasks which are impossible with only 100 items. The rest of it just takes a bit of planning and management. Oh... and no fat fingers hitting the "Take All" button on the Gift list. Thats the only time I lose gifts...
Just a quick note: doing the three is almost impossible even WItHOUT the limit
Only very high end players can manage it. this being said, doing 2 is quite manageable

It has to be a major game rewrite. Golden dice and all those bonuses are pretty useless if you have to stop after an hour and they run for 6?
Maybe they'll offer a "mini-GD" for only 2 greenies - one that would last 2 or 3 hours? :D I could handle that, but I would hate having to use a full 6 hour GD for only 100 flights. If course, could always switch to a different destination with different flight needs for the rest of the time of the GD - but then that would be a big waste of maps.

Top Bottom