Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Weekly Alliance Mission upcoming changes

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
And so what? Most of us won't be able - ever - to expand our city as we don't have a "greenie factory" aka CBM. Those cities won't shrink, so those players will always have an advantage over the rest
Don't do the "fairness talk", that's an illusion.
Objectively,
it's not fair that some have 10 of some buildings, some can only have 6
it's not fair that some have been able to collect thousands of blue boxes due to exceptional drop rates from the planetariums, some haven't
it's not fair that some have CBMs and could expand to max size, some couldn't
it's not fair that some have the 100 limit, some don't

The limit is just a tiny little part of unfairness

I myself spent a few greenies in order to increase some of my factories production. If I knew I was going to have that infamous limit, I would have never spent those greenies on that. Thus, if the limit was to be imposed to the older players I would feel cheated by the company

Please, don't get me wrong, I'm not here to argue for the sake of arguing. But for a game that has been live for almost 8 years, this is a very small list of gameplay / balance changes (and CBM is a special offer / sale just like any other sale provided 'as it is' when it is available). If we take any major online game that has social features of some kind — cooperative or player-versus-player ones — such list would go for hundreds of changes with almost every update.

Would it be better if there was no limit for anyone, but 'ridiculously low' drop rates would be silently changed with every update to become worse and worse? Of course not, and this is not what could really happen. But what I mean to say is: some trade-offs are necessary, and changes are necessary, because everything has flaws, including Airport City's game economy. It might not feel fair to miss exceptional drop rates from planetariums, but that was a reward building for a special event five years ago, and those who played back then earned their reward for free while completing a special event. Is it fair that you can earn a reward building for free for completing a special event, and later on it's only available for Airport Cash or not available at all? It might not be fair, but those are the game rules.

D

Deleted member 9675

Hi!

After seeing threads like this, I have this awkward feeling that all our development efforts like 250+ collections, several hundred unique flights and buildings, and a new update every two weeks, are pointless, because the only thing everyone cares about is a sale that last happened two years ago, and our superiors should just disband the whole team and stop doing all updates except sales. :)

The good thing here, though, is that we have stats that prove that notion false, because most players just enjoy the game for what it is and are having fun with whatever we come up with to entertain them.

Also, the stats help us find the weak spots, and improve them. Last year, we've already made changes to the alliance mission, making it easier to complete. However, we see that was not enough, and are making further changes: depending on your level it will be 5% to 35% easier to complete.

If QA goes well, we'll release the changes tonight, and the changes will take effect when the next alliance mission becomes available on Monday. Have fun!

Ivan.

See now I for one appreciate the fact that sans, getting in game cash from CBM buildings, the items obtained from visiting neighbors is now available in our own cities with courthouses, private schools, and business centers.

And having someone introduce me to this very forum, I enjoy the camaraderie. Me personally, I'm disabled and dont get out often. I have more social life here with friends and my teamates in the alliance. This place has become my family.

I know from past online games, the moment people start with the griping over changes, challenges or events gone by, it gets to a point when the game developers/owners shut it down.
And how many people in this forum, would like losing friends?
I hate being alone. Do you?

Am I the only one who thinks people are over reacting? I joined about a month or two after the 100 limit started and I have still enjoyed this game a lot with the limit. I don't know the game any different from what it is now but this shouldn't be the end of the world like people make it seem.

Reminds me of the presidential election. You how many people said they'd leave if Trump became president?? A lot. You know how many really left? 0...

I think those of you with the limit have benefitted greatly from players like me, judging by the amount of visits I get to my planetariums etc each day. I don’t recall telling any of you to suck it up or stop moaning and I don’t think this should be an opportunity for those who were hit by the limit to see it as a good thing for those of us who weren’t.(general comment not directed specifically at you) I thought it was unfair that the limit was brought in (especially at 100, 1000 maybe?) I accept all friends requests until I hit 500, prioritising those with under 70 stars to do my bit and help others as I had been helped.

If you have the limit you can’t possibly know the effect of what losing it would bring. (I have many support accounts with the limit so I know what that is like.) I have spent a fortune in time and money on my main game building 6 of all the factories, 6 visa centres, 6 police stations, 6 of pretty much everything - all to provide me fuel and passengers to play at the highest level. I have the productivity ability of a large country that will soon only be supplying a small city. This stock will all be whittled down to 100 but my factories etc will still be producing huge quantities of unusable material. Not the circumstances in which I joined nor spent my time and money.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
049bu772
Username
JGK
Am I the only one who thinks people are over reacting? I joined about a month or two after the 100 limit started and I have still enjoyed this game a lot with the limit. I don't know the game any different from what it is now but this shouldn't be the end of the world like people make it seem.

Reminds me of the presidential election. You how many people said they'd leave if Trump became president?? A lot. You know how many really left? 0...
No. We are not overreacting! And you know what the worst part is,,,,no compensation will occur for all the money we had used to buy the buildings and more slots! This is a sensitive move they will be making!

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
March 29th is one of the most embarassing days in UK history. Our country is in political and economic chaos because we have a divided nation (half want to leave EU and half want to stay) with the most fabulously incompetent Government in my lifetime (60 years) that is populated by egocentric politicians arguing fatuously about the UK exit from the EU. And on this day of history, GI chooses to announce the demise of Unlimited Warehouses for all players.

And the response by players on this Forum is as per the UK population on Brexit. Vitriolic tub thumping, threats, anger and an uncompromising position (and that is both sides of the argument). I am truly embarassed to be a UK national, I do not want to be embarassed to be a part of a divided and vitriolic AC playing community. Nothing is perfect, life has barriers and problems. Sometimes you have to swallow your pride and walk away. Let not AC players copy the arrogance of the British.

So to those players who do not have the 100 item warehouse limit I say this. The world has not ended. The game remains extremely playable with the limit, but it requires a real change in attitude and gameplay. I can understand you not paying real money into the game whilst you adapt your gameplay to the new rules, but wait before you walk away. If you do not like the game after the rule change, then I fully respect your desire to stop playing.

Fair play to Ivan for starting this thread. He has been upfront and honest in telling us. Incidentally - the 100 item warehouse limit does smell of rotten eggs - but I respect the need for GI to run a business at a profit, which means if the game is not profitable then it will be left to rot by the developers. I just remain unconvinced that the 100 item warehouse limit is anything except a money earner. If you enjoy the game keep playing. If you don't enjoy playing there is always 8 Ball pool, Slot machine apps, Game of Thrones Conquest, and even Tribez out their waiting for you to play. :banghead:

So please think through this and do not just rant. Ranting is the British disease - you really do not want to catch it.:sick:

I begin to be a bit tired by a lot of posts I have read on this forum during the last days...

You know what? If a CBM sales occurs in the next days, there will be no chance at all I can participate, because the input ticket price will be so high due to older players current resources, that all new players could not even try it.

The 100 limit? Could be happy to see an evolution on this topic, because the current situation is just unfair. We have a part of the game which is player vs player, but you have two completely different game if having or not the limit. And I'm still waiting someone who is able to give an argument in favor of keeping this situation.
(and no, giving money is not a reason. I cannot buy this feature...)
Anyway, the ranking level will be modified if all players play in the same game conditions, even between the old players together.

And for the cheating, I got some messages with Ivan, they are working on the subject. I hope somedays the situation will be improved on this topic.

Yes, it is not nice to have some game facilities been reduced, but this will be just more fair regarding the newer players, and there is a lot, already on the forum.
And I will have a remark written already several times here. The game with 100 limit is a completely different game, with other gameplay strategy. And I can already tell that it is a real achievement to succeed in destination ranking with this limit.

As a longterm player 5years and counting i have enjoyed this game and probebly will keep enjoying it .
Made many friends over the years on differend forums and talked lots about gameplay and strategie .
about the 100 item limit that seems inevitable, it is unfair for both longterm and newer players .
But i understand that a company like G.I has to make profits and in doing so they might have overlooked the consequences
When this limit comes i expect other changes to come with it so that at least some of our goals could be achieved .
If the limit comes and no other changes are made to anticipate this limit making it to difficult to advance ore complete simple tasks it will probably
be a good reason for me to land my planes and call it a day.

Mo Elbo

Neil ellor

1300+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Captain tneil, 044gapqe
Username
Captain tneil, Captain Ne2
Thanks for bringing this issue up! Nobody was talking about it for a few hours, and I already started to worry that someone was actually busy playing the game.

Our team has no authority to remove the limit, and it is going to stay.

However, it is indeed unfair to the newer players that old players don't have it yet, and this issue will be addressed in the future updates. As in, old players will get the limit, too, and everyone will be in the same room. It is inevitable, and it's only a matter of time.

Now you can burn me :)
It will be time to stop playing. The older players have been the stalwart of the game. Are you going to cap fuel collection and flight items? With map destination you need to stock up or it’s a waste of time. It’s hard enough even if you do this. Alliance flights are impractical we are never going to get enough stuff and maps to complete. 500 flights!
I just keep tapping away and completing stars until it’s time to retire or spend £5 on fuel bonus!!!!

Markus Rashford

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04neyib8
Username
Markus Rashford
I think those of you with the limit have benefitted greatly from players like me, judging by the amount of visits I get to my planetariums etc each day. I don’t recall telling any of you to suck it up or stop moaning and I don’t think this should be an opportunity for those who were hit by the limit to see it as a good thing for those of us who weren’t.(general comment not directed specifically at you) I thought it was unfair that the limit was brought in (especially at 100, 1000 maybe?) I accept all friends requests until I hit 500, prioritising those with under 70 stars to do my bit and help others as I had been helped.

If you have the limit you can’t possibly know the effect of what losing it would bring. (I have many support accounts with the limit so I know what that is like.) I have spent a fortune in time and money on my main game building 6 of all the factories, 6 visa centres, 6 police stations, 6 of pretty much everything - all to provide me fuel and passengers to play at the highest level. I have the productivity ability of a large country that will soon only be supplying a small city. This stock will all be whittled down to 100 but my factories etc will still be producing huge quantities of unusable material. Not the circumstances in which I joined nor spent my time and money.

Well said sir - I tip my hat to you! (@andy8758 very good points as well always a good read and always love the UK comparisons!!)

I'm personally NOT opposed to having a Limit, HOWEVER, I strongly feel that 100 Limit is way to small to really excel in this game. I like the idea of a higher limit - 500 or 1000 maybe? Imposing a 100 Limit on all players will just handcuff the hardcore veterans and will def turn them off and away from AC...:blackeye:

Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Friend Code
23igolyq
Username
A Disco
Thanks for bringing this issue up! Nobody was talking about it for a few hours, and I already started to worry that someone was actually busy playing the game.

Our team has no authority to remove the limit, and it is going to stay.

However, it is indeed unfair to the newer players that old players don't have it yet, and this issue will be addressed in the future updates. As in, old players will get the limit, too, and everyone will be in the same room. It is inevitable, and it's only a matter of time.

Now you can burn me :)

Great news. It can be phased in and then it is not the shock! Alternatively the 100 could go up whilst the unlimited come down and we meet at say 500, then the alliance tasks can be just as now as they will be achievable!! :)

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
af40w2p (old) 04HBT2AFX (current)
Username
jgm85
The limit itself might not be the decision I like, but since I have no power to change it, it's pointless to be upset about it.

And since it is going to stay, we have a situation that newer players stand no chance against older ones in the ratings, because rules are different for them. It's been almost two years, and it seems it is a long enough period of having a serious in-game advantage for having started playing earlier. Anyway, nobody's going to take anything, you just wouldn't be able to store new items on top of those thousands some players have.

Gold subscription will be cancelled the day this happens. Just saying. Your team has done brilliant work but for this to be imposed will make me walk away from my game.

Also since I have spent many £100s over the 7 or so years I have played I will be looking at some sort of compensation as the things I have spent greens on (which I bought with cash) are now obsolete, which is a shady business practice to be associated with. Surely your legal team must be informed to make sure the changes are legal...

Matbja

1500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03z5y9sx
Username
Matbja
Firstly, its great news to hear that the ally-tasks are being changed! As they are now its’s nearly impossible for a 100-limit-player to make three when you pass 62 and impossible after 72 (unless you want to spend near three-figures of greenies every week).

I started playing last year and Im suffering from the 100-limit-curse and in my view the game certainly isn’t designed for it. But it was first when I hit 62 I started to suffer from it and now at 75 it is actually a show stopper; for example the unpossibility to do more than two task, gift boxes is virtually useless since 90% of the items will be lost, a lot of gifts from neighbours just vanish, upgrading buildings a waste of money, a lot more maps needed for adventure flights and the list goes on.

At the earlier levels I enjoyed the game and the limit didn’t come into play that much but now the unbalance between game mechanics and the limit is taking away a lot of the fun and for you guys that have been playing for much longer time and without the limit I just can imagine that it is going be terrible if not big changes to the mechanics is done.

Inevitable some changes have to be done since 100-limit-accounts are of a lesser value and can’t really compete and that suffers the regrowth of players, at least the devoted ones. I had hope that GI would offer some “unlocking the warehouse”-quest or similar during the end game to keep old players happy and let in new players to compete on the same conditions. The knowledge that I would be able to compete fairly in the future would be good enough in this situation.

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
I agree and disagree here on this subject. 'If' the limit changes for us older players I WILL definitely leave no questions asked, don't care about greenies I've spent nor my time etc you won't get any more from me...I have great people in place now to take over my (baby) aka my alliance which I am so very proud of and also was happy with before joining this forum. I'm actually in the same place as @OneGoldenHeart in a lot of respects.

I know certain Devs didn't want the limit at all in the first place unfortunately they don't set the rules.

For 'the powers that be' do it and very possibly lose or maybe gain a very temporary win...I'm in a position now I just don't care - other than a no limit for all which should be in place as a necessity which I hope is for all - it's still a bloody challenge/ struggle regardless of the limit or not!

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
I remember this :
http://airportcitygame.com/threads/the-100-item-limit-daves-rant.17153/

I asked GI to remove the limit months ago. TWICE. They answered No. BIG NO. For the sake of 'game balance' or something like that.
Then i said, "If GI wants the game more balance and more fair, then impose the limit to all players OR remove it".

And now... I'm speechless.

:eek::censored::ROFLMAO: Me too matey. Anyhoo...will keep checking my old warehouse now to see what happens after a update. Would be great for all to see a no limit and fair play to all...us older players have taken it for granted tbh...would be nice to see us all working equally without the limit. If they drop the 100 bomb after all this time...it makes a question I've asked so very simple....

March 29th is one of the most embarassing days in UK history. Our country is in political and economic chaos because we have a divided nation (half want to leave EU and half want to stay) with the most fabulously incompetent Government in my lifetime (60 years) that is populated by egocentric politicians arguing fatuously about the UK exit from the EU. And on this day of history, GI chooses to announce the demise of Unlimited Warehouses for all players.

And the response by players on this Forum is as per the UK population on Brexit. Vitriolic tub thumping, threats, anger and an uncompromising position (and that is both sides of the argument). I am truly embarassed to be a UK national, I do not want to be embarassed to be a part of a divided and vitriolic AC playing community. Nothing is perfect, life has barriers and problems. Sometimes you have to swallow your pride and walk away. Let not AC players copy the arrogance of the British.

So to those players who do not have the 100 item warehouse limit I say this. The world has not ended. The game remains extremely playable with the limit, but it requires a real change in attitude and gameplay. I can understand you not paying real money into the game whilst you adapt your gameplay to the new rules, but wait before you walk away. If you do not like the game after the rule change, then I fully respect your desire to stop playing.

Fair play to Ivan for starting this thread. He has been upfront and honest in telling us. Incidentally - the 100 item warehouse limit does smell of rotten eggs - but I respect the need for GI to run a business at a profit, which means if the game is not profitable then it will be left to rot by the developers. I just remain unconvinced that the 100 item warehouse limit is anything except a money earner. If you enjoy the game keep playing. If you don't enjoy playing there is always 8 Ball pool, Slot machine apps, Game of Thrones Conquest, and even Tribez out their waiting for you to play. :banghead:

So please think through this and do not just rant. Ranting is the British disease - you really do not want to catch it.:sick:
Well said @andy8758 as a fellow UK citizen of 65 years I agree with the state of the country.
Also whatever happens in the game happens I will adapt and I can also say I do not exceed the 100 limit anyway apart from Solid Fuel:LOL:

Top Bottom