Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

The Winter Rock Festival - new update

I have to confess that I have landed guest planes, one at a time, for 8 hours !!
I have had 20 drops to add to the 5 I had previously. I think the drop rate may have been improved today.
However this balances out at 5 drops per two hours, or 16 hours for the 40.:eek::eek::eek:

Regards
Harcourt
You’d hate to ever work out what we really value our time at. Let’s say, for arguments sake, that (based on the most expensive package of 4+2 greenies for around US$2- I’m not sure that number is correct but it’s a good base for everyone to understand) you were getting your 10 musical items every 4 hours. The store sells a box of event items @6 greenies which has 10 musical items in it. I can’t remember a job where I was valued at 50c an hour! :ROFLMAO: -and I haven’t even placed a value on the 20 jackets it comes with as well!

Here we go again... Having to use greenies to complete for the goal is almost impossible otherwise. I get they want to make money for it keeps the lights on but come on! 2 drops and a huge amount of guest planes landed. It tells me there s less than a one percent chance of getting a drop on each plane. That isn't very seldom. That is very rare.
I have slightly different view on this:
6 greenies for a player with a Mint means 18 hours for 24 greenies, so I could by the 6 Rocker's Sets for 1 day with 0 real $ investment.
However, for me this game is a challenge how I can play it more efficiently. For this reason for me is important how I can finish the event without purchasing the Set. For the same reason I spent my weekly 5 euros for Metro Stations, City and Garden Squares and not for additional greenies (they come from the Mint and tokens for restarting the Mint come from red launches). I would only consider buying a Chest for the event with greenies if the event item is obtainable only from visiting neighbors and therefore preventing me from visiting neighbors' Planetariums.

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Yeah right, just like the drop rates on adventure flights were never changed, those of us playing from the start can see this for ourselves. I'll probably have to pay to complete this one as gi reckoned I'd changed the time on my device, hadn't touched it in nearly 24 hours... Then treat me like a child giving a screenshot of my time settings, laughable nonsense and very sad.

1. The drop rates on adventure flights were never changed. Period. The only thing we've changed for adventures is making them available to everyone through excavation flights instead of only purchasing map sets with Airport Cash about 4 years ago.

2. There's a rise of false time cheating issues in the last couple of weeks. My own live account I have for QA purposes was affected as well. We're investigating why this is happening. And the support team treats everyone the same, they have a procedure to follow — please don't blame them for that, they provide us information and help us save some time to actually fix bugs.

nick6901

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fq8zi
Username
nick6901
I finished the event with a bit of luck and big help from my dear neighbors
@LjGibbs @JayBee @ArGi1981 @Husam @Pit1024 @SABRED @luxurycat @slanghanger @Madegwen59 @Ic3MaN @marian @Testpilot17 @Sudip @Southoftheborder
and many others that i cant recall.Thank you very much for your help.
I wont press "complete" button so i can still send jackets.
Screenshot_20180126-102352.png

1. The drop rates on adventure flights were never changed. Period. The only thing we've changed for adventures is making them available to everyone through excavation flights instead of only purchasing map sets with Airport Cash about 4 years ago.

2. There's a rise of false time cheating issues in the last couple of weeks. My own live account I have for QA purposes was affected as well. We're investigating why this is happening. And the support team treats everyone the same, they have a procedure to follow — please don't blame them for that, they provide us information and help us save some time to actually fix bugs.
Concerning time travel. I've been caught out in the past so am very careful. I went to the UK last weekend. My windows machine recognised the automatic time zone change so I was ok to play on that game, but my main is on an android and it wouldn't or couldn't recognise the time zone change. I did nt turn it on out of precaution. Any ideas why the time zone wasn't reconised?

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Concerning time travel. I've been caught out in the past so am very careful. I went to the UK last weekend. My windows machine recognised the automatic time zone change so I was ok to play on that game, but my main is on an android and it wouldn't or couldn't recognise the time zone change. I did nt turn it on out of precaution. Any ideas why the time zone wasn't reconised?

How different operating systems treat time zones is pretty much a dark forest, and unless we had so many people who try to cheat this way we would abandon our protection system altogether. But then there would be much more players affected in a negative way than occasional glitches that happen for travellers.

Southoftheborder

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04ve9l34
Username
Southoftheborder
I'm still fairly new to this games, but drop rate seems to be the biggest bone of contention (9 musical instruments from playing all day testifies to that). Why not add drop rate (especially for events) to the game - ie 9 musical instruments from 500 guest planes landed :)

It would cut down the chatter by 948%

(948% calculated using existing game algorithms)

I finished the event with a bit of luck and big help from my dear neighbors
@LjGibbs @JayBee @ArGi1981 @Husam @Pit1024 @SABRED @luxurycat @slanghanger @Madegwen59 @Ic3MaN @marian @Testpilot17 @Sudip @Southoftheborder
and many others that i cant recall.Thank you very much for your help.
I wont press "complete" button so i can still send jackets.
View attachment 11261
Congrats.... I still need more jackets. Dont know that i can finish it or nor. But still i must thank u all to be with with me..

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03w7lq6q
Username
Andy
2. There's a rise of false time cheating issues in the last couple of weeks. My own live account I have for QA purposes was affected as well. We're investigating why this is happening.

I'm about to travel. What would happen if I turn off automatic time zone change on my iPad? Would that cause any issues? After all, the time and time zone wouldn't ever change on it? Thanks for clarifying.

I'm about to travel. What would happen if I turn off automatic time zone change on my iPad? Would that cause any issues? After all, the time and time zone wouldn't ever change on it? Thanks for clarifying.
There are people on this forum that can answer you better than me, but I read somewhere that you should never do that. Because it would cause a conflict between the time zone set on your pad and the one defined on the server you would be using for getting online. And that conflict would be reported to GI.

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
JayJay(+urgent item needs)

Bip17

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Bip17
Username
Bip17
I’m the same. After 4 days now I’m only at 4 instruments and I have tried everything. All planes on the runway, only big planes, everything everyone has suggested and I have been at it non stop.

I travel all over the world with iPad and iPhone with AC on both. Change the time zone to automatic OFF, select the zone you are in and this SHOULD not cause an issue with time travelling. I say should as once or twice it has still happened but that the correct procedure is to select it manually

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Getting the musical instruments is obtainable without using any bonuses... I have 67 on my main game and 48 on my secondary...I have noticed falcons, jumbos, giants, thunderbirds and condors give more drops than the smaller planes.

I have noticed this also, I'm not actively doing it but if I finish it I finish it...the bigger planes seem (for me) do give much better drops?! Do you think that its because of the amount of hold and pax - the drums, the guitar, the rock star, the band, the roadies etc this would all make sense ;)

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
JayJay(+urgent item needs)
I have noticed this also, I'm not actively doing it but if I finish it I finish it...the bigger planes seem (for me) do give much better drops?! Do you think that its because of the amount of hold and pax - the drums, the guitar, the rock star, the band, the roadies etc this would all make sense ;)
Yeah...because they can fit all the instruments without making extra trips....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom