Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

The Winter Rock Festival - new update

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03w7lq6q
Username
Andy
I travel all over the world with iPad and iPhone with AC on both. Change the time zone to automatic OFF, select the zone you are in and this SHOULD not cause an issue with time travelling. I say should as once or twice it has still happened but that the correct procedure is to select it manually
This is very helpful!
Thanks!

I’ve taken my iPad across timelines quite a few times as well. Sometimes I set the time to manual (my preference) but I have sometimes forgotten and it has still worked fine. More often than not, time travellers get caught when the minutes are out of sync or the time stamp changed.

I have noticed this also, I'm not actively doing it but if I finish it I finish it...the bigger planes seem (for me) do give much better drops?! Do you think that its because of the amount of hold and pax - the drums, the guitar, the rock star, the band, the roadies etc this would all make sense ;)
Bigger planes are usually rewarded slightly better because they cost more to fly and take a lot longer to return.

I have slightly different view on this:
6 greenies for a player with a Mint means 18 hours for 24 greenies, so I could by the 6 Rocker's Sets for 1 day with 0 real $ investment.
However, for me this game is a challenge how I can play it more efficiently. For this reason for me is important how I can finish the event without purchasing the Set. For the same reason I spent my weekly 5 euros for Metro Stations, City and Garden Squares and not for additional greenies (they come from the Mint and tokens for restarting the Mint come from red launches). I would only consider buying a Chest for the event with greenies if the event item is obtainable only from visiting neighbors and therefore preventing me from visiting neighbors' Planetariums.
My cost calculations were a bit of a tongue in cheek dig even at me :p. It is a bit difficult to place a value on your time when your doing something that you actually want to do (n). Haven’t spent any greenies on this event. No need to. I’m in agreeance in disliking having to gather items from neighbours during some events.

As for the constant whining about drop rates during events, there’s an easy way to avoid the frustration - don’t do the event! The award buildings are rarely worth the resources and time commitment needed to get them, but it’s fun to do something different and a little bit challenging. There are usually a lot easier ways of getting a building that increases population by 20. It probably won’t look as pretty, though :ROFLMAO:.

I know that often our game names might not be up to date on our neighbours games all the time, but my mind boggles when people blatantly send event items when “NoEvent” is written clearly in the name. I only have forum members as neighbours and everyone should know by now that send for send (or whatever the term may be) is frowned upon unless advertised??
Almost as frustrating as receiving gifts to supports with the words “NoGifts” in the name o_O.

You mean like Iron Maiden, who rented for their tour 2016 a Boing 747-400, which was flown by the leadsinger Bruce Dickinson himself.
There are a few unlikely pilots flying jetliners around the world. Another unusual story released recently is that of King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands who has been quietly flying commercial flights for KLM for decades!!!

John Travaolta owns one of QANTAS’ old Boeing 707s which he has painted up in retro livery from QFAs early days. It is registered N707JT. He regularly flies it to Australia to do promotional work for QANTAS but most of the time it’s parked outside his house which has its own runway facilities!
4AD77292-E60B-490D-BE08-2A1242403E91.jpeg

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
There are a few unlikely pilots flying jetliners around the world. Another unusual story released recently is that of King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands who has been quietly flying commercial flights for KLM for decades!!!

John Travaolta owns one of QANTAS’ old Boeing 707s which he has painted up in retro livery from QFAs early days. It is registered N707JT. He regularly flies it to Australia to do promotional work for QANTAS but most of the time it’s parked outside his house which has its own runway facilities!
View attachment 11269

Cool info (y)

1. The drop rates on adventure flights were never changed. Period. The only thing we've changed for adventures is making them available to everyone through excavation flights instead of only purchasing map sets with Airport Cash about 4 years ago.

2. There's a rise of false time cheating issues in the last couple of weeks. My own live account I have for QA purposes was affected as well. We're investigating why this is happening. And the support team treats everyone the same, they have a procedure to follow — please don't blame them for that, they provide us information and help us save some time to actually fix bugs.
I would be sympathetic with you if the bugs were actually fixed. I have fallen for the time traveller bug many times over several years as I travel regularly. I set my time manually and sometimes it still happens. It’s a recurring problem. The last time it happened was around October but it’s happened on maybe 6 or 7 occasions.

What is so different on AC to all the other games I have, many of which have time quests etc.

I know you will reply and say bugs get fixed and that extensive testing is carried out before any release - then why do these issues still come up on a regular basis.

With the last issue of not being able to visit neighbors or conduct launches I lost many launch chests due the the problem, the shuttle would land, I would click on it and the chest would disappear. Tech support have given me 1 chest in return even though I lost many more and also told me that I did not get the 15 greens that were given out several weeks ago to IOS players as I was able to launch. So I’ve been hit twice - I don’t get the extra 15 greens because I could launch and when I did launch I lost the rewards.

It’s great that you come on here and give us a rare insight to some of the AC workings and I really appreciate that but many of us keep seeing the same issues over and over every time a new release comes out - bugs which happen straight away as soon as the release comes out so that’s why we doubt the testing procedures.

AC is by far one of the best games I have ever played and I can go back to commodore and Atari and beyond but it appears to get more than its share of software issues, no game is ever perfect but all we want is a reliable almost fault free game.

I'm about to travel. What would happen if I turn off automatic time zone change on my iPad? Would that cause any issues? After all, the time and time zone wouldn't ever change on it? Thanks for clarifying.
Dont turn it off. Automatically blocked. Leave it on. It picks up the time from the internet provider where you are. Windows 10 it's all automatic and won't cause a problem. Just make sure the time in your computer shows real local time. Best is to wait an hour before turning on.

Dont turn it off. Automatically blocked. Leave it on. It picks up the time from the internet provider where you are. Windows 10 it's all automatic and won't cause a problem. Just make sure the time in your computer shows real local time. Best is to wait an hour before turning on.
He needs to turn it off. If left on automatic when he opens the game it will increase the chance of the game thinking the time has been changed due to slight changes in time from internet providers.

The correct procedure is to adjust the time manually on IOS then open the game. He is on an IPad not windows 10.

On Android they told me to turn it to automatic which it always is, as said there have been false cheating issues, maybe Internet servers who knows.
That’s interesting as on IOS it’s the other way around, on automatic it always used to set off the time traveller bug. The advice was to turn it off and since I did that I’ve had a lot fewer issues - only GI could cause this much confusion :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03w7lq6q
Username
Andy
@Andy try to quit the game :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:;)
I know, right! :D
I think it seems that whether you leave it on or off, the right way to do it is to make sure the switch *happened* - that you see the right local time on the device, then wait a bit to make sure there are no server/provider lag issues, then start the game.
I'll try manually setting it to the local time zone and see how it goes. Will report if I have an issue. :whistle:
Thank you everyone for the suggestions!

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03w7lq6q
Username
Andy
Also just wanted to say that I've completed the event, but will hold off on clicking the complete button so I can still send jackets to anyone who still needs them.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Robobobo888
Username
Robobobo888
I know that often our game names might not be up to date on our neighbours games all the time, but my mind boggles when people blatantly send event items when “NoEvent” is written clearly in the name. I only have forum members as neighbours and everyone should know by now that send for send (or whatever the term may be) is frowned upon unless advertised??
Almost as frustrating as receiving gifts to supports with the words “NoGifts” in the name

Some of the unwanted event items could be due to lag. Not everyone knows the trick about updating the names by adding the "Test" user as a neighbor. I have gotten in the habit of doing this trick every time before I start to send out gifts from my main account.

Sometimes through the slip of a finger I have sent gifts back to a support/NoGift account. If someone does that very rarely then I would assume it was an error. If they do it regularly then I agree that there's no excuse.

If I have a trading partner who I know is liable to just send back I make sure that I only send them something I'd like in return! :ROFLMAO: If I get a rare send-back from someone who usually pays attention to requests then I figure it was a slip of the finger, and I don't let it bother me.

Some of the unwanted event items could be due to lag. Not everyone knows the trick about updating the names by adding the "Test" user as a neighbor. I have gotten in the habit of doing this trick every time before I start to send out gifts from my main account.

Sometimes through the slip of a finger I have sent gifts back to a support/NoGift account. If someone does that very rarely then I would assume it was an error. If they do it regularly then I agree that there's no excuse.

If I have a trading partner who I know is liable to just send back I make sure that I only send them something I'd like in return! :ROFLMAO: If I get a rare send-back from someone who usually pays attention to requests then I figure it was a slip of the finger, and I don't let it bother me.
I agree on every point. I use the exact procedures as well. I take all of those things into account, especially the time many games take to update names when people aren’t using “test”. I’m also very guilty of tapping too quickly at times as well. But sometimes you just know that someone isn’t paying attention, lol :ROFLMAO:.

Top Bottom