Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

The 100 Item Limit - Dave's Rant.

The reality is GI had to do something. Some people are running 20,000,000 passengers a week. I don't know how it works but people that have a rooted phone and are backing up the game are cheating. Not all people backing up their game are cheaters, however all people that are cheating are backing up their game. What I find that is BS is new players are limited to 100 items, that is clearly not the problem. I am guessing this is how GI will stop people from backing up their game. Not sure. It must be the only way GI can stop the cheaters. I wonder if GI is going to make this a automatic update. For me I have not decided yet, I don't cheat or back up my game.

However this new alliance thing is a complete JOKE!!!!
Yes they did need to do something but no one can work out why do this.

The most annoying thing about this is the total lack of information from GI about why this is done. All we get is this "enhancement " BS. Maybe if GI told us the truth and the reasoning behind this then we may be able to understand but there has been not one word.

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
after asking to remove the limit this is wat they answerd

Mary Heiden (Game Insight Support)

Jun 3, 11:05 MSK

Dear Kevin,

We've enhanced the game balance a bit touching upon the item system. Now you can have a maximum of 100 items of one type in your Warehouse. If you want to keep gathering more items, you have to use the existing ones first and make their count lower than 100 pieces.
Don't worry, if you have any extra items - they won't be taken from you in any case.

Sincerely,
Mary
Game Insight Support Team
So much for removing it for old players..

As I said before if you think this will only be for new accounts you are being naive it's the old timers they want gone.

pdxsk

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
pdxsk2
Username
pdxsk2
So much for removing it for old players..

As I said before if you think this will only be for new accounts you are being naive it's the old timers they want gone.

The old timers...I'm an old timer who spends real US dollars on the game. GI wants me gone..when I spend a moderate $50 a year maybe...yet they implement a 100 limit restriction to prevent cheaters...who probably don't spend real money.

Does that make sense? To make a change that causes users who spend real money, to leave the game...to prevent cheaters who don't spend money?

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
The old timers...I'm an old timer who spends real US dollars on the game. GI wants me gone..when I spend a moderate $50 a year maybe...yet they implement a 100 limit restriction to prevent cheaters...who probably don't spend real money.

Does that make sense? To make a change that causes users who spend real money, to leave the game...to prevent cheaters who don't spend money?
I never said it makes sense that's the problem, but it's obvious they want to get rid of those of us who have a big stock of items. But old timers might be a bad word. People with big stocks of items.

I mean think about it why only limit new players who will not have 100 of anything? Of course they want to get rid of the huge stocks of items, New players don't have those we do.

I wrote a reply about this before that answers to Mo confirming it here https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/leaving.17172/

GiftXchange

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
pm me to be added
Username
GiftX[change]
If someone finds a better game/game company please post it back here

SniperFury - if you'd want some action instead and a bit tired of planning and, hm, "airporting". I'm there for about 6 months and managed to collect about 27K rubies (similar to AC greens) without spending a single cent. It's pretty cool and absolutely engrossing.

Township - same kind of strategy and mgmt game as AC, no bugs, no idiotic rules or changes, pretty entertaining and enjoyable.

Finlayson

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
GoHawks
Username
B.Finlayson
SniperFury - if you'd want some action instead and a bit tired of planning and, hm, "airporting". I'm there for about 6 months and managed to collect about 27K rubies (similar to AC greens) without spending a single cent. It's pretty cool and absolutely engrossing.

Township - same kind of strategy and mgmt game as AC, no bugs, no idiotic rules or changes, pretty entertaining and enjoyable.
Thanks

I told my family AC was (ultimately) a pointless game. There is no way to "win" and, in the end, I could see that people would just play the game until they got tired of it. That said, I've enjoyed the game and this forum. I'll probably keep playing until it breaks then said addios

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
I have very simple proposition regarding limit. I think that main reason why GI decided that is that via personal back up you can do things that gives you unfair advantage towards other players (I'd not go into those details but majority here knows what I'm talking about). I personally don't care if someone use "other" method to gain some advantage.
My simple proposition is that limit should not be applied to anyone who need to do official backup via GI. If your game crashes or you need transfer, raise the ticket and GI should help you - in those cases there should be no limit (I know that it would take much longer then usual backup from your private backup folder). In other cases you get limit as a penalty for not using official method.

Mia

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask me
Username
Mia
Hasn't it been shown that GI won't lift the limit when asked?
Personally, I'd never listen to Mary tho, she's the laziest one in support.:rolleyes: Interested in knowing if anyone had it lifted.

drivefast99

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
awlp2dv
Username
df99
I have very simple proposition regarding limit. I think that main reason why GI decided that is that via personal back up you can do things that gives you unfair advantage towards other players (I'd not go into those details but majority here knows what I'm talking about). I personally don't care if someone use "other" method to gain some advantage.
My simple proposition is that limit should not be applied to anyone who need to do official backup via GI. If your game crashes or you need transfer, raise the ticket and GI should help you - in those cases there should be no limit (I know that it would take much longer then usual backup from your private backup folder). In other cases you get limit as a penalty for not using official method.
Sorry, this limit does not stop this exploit... umm feature. It does nothing except stop someone from flying more than 100 flights needing flight items. Since now you need 200-500 flights to complete the alliance challenge, it will now be virtually impossible unless you are using something to give you an unfair advantage. In essence, they are enticing people to use some other method.

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
I was purchasing $30. worth of greenies every other week (during the greenie sale) which amounted to $720. a year (no, I could not afford it - I never ate out or spent any other money on entertainment) I will never again spend money on this game. GI has proven they do not care about their CUSTOMERS and only care about (covet) their customers' MONEY

ON JULY 14TH EVERYBODY WILL BE SUBMITTED TO THE 100 ITEMS LIMIT read the text below:mad::mad::mad:
upload_2017-6-4_1-45-54.png

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
I didn't notice that but it does not say starting July 14th - of which year. ;) Seems they're getting closer to it now. Anyway, my decision is made, I will stop commenting on it. Everybody needs to know what is best for them.
As someone currently suffering from this limit, I can say that it's shit.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
Please PM Neighbor and Gift Requests
Username
SDave, Derby, and Tatsu
sorry my bad went looking on facebook should of looked better to the exact dates
but i doubt they wil remove the limit
So what happens if I send you a gift you already have 100 of? Do you just not collect it? If you try to collect it do you lose it? Do you just stockpile the items in your list of gifts received until you can use it? If so, what is the difference of having the items in your unopened gifts as opposed to your warehouse?

Top Bottom