1. Welcome to AirportCityGame

AirportCityGame is the Number One forum when it comes to the hit Android, iOS, Windows and Amazon game Airport City!

Chat to other players, swap items in the Daily Trade Forum and help each other complete Space Missions!

iOS Subscription paid but not renewed

Discussion in 'Airport City Bugs, Glitches & Errors' started by A Merryflyer, 3 May 2018.

1. A Merryflyer

A Merryflyer Active Member

iPad
    03nhxjex
    A Merryflyer
    My Gold Subscription automatically renewed through iTunes this morning with the money being taken from by bank account.

This afternoon a plane needed repair, which prompted me to check my subscription within the game. It is asking me to subscribe. I tried the Restore Purchase option with no luck.

So I have been charged £25.99 for a second months Gold Subscription, but it isn't working.

Anyone else having the same problem, or had their renewal work ok on an iOS device?

upload_2018-5-3_19-28-32.png

2. That's strange. Have you contacted apple customer support and Gi?
    (btw, I thought you were not planning to renew it?)

3. A Merryflyer

A Merryflyer Active Member

iPad
    03nhxjex
    A Merryflyer
    I am lucky that where I work has an Apple Store and an Apple Support Team on-site, so I called down and someone from Apple took a look for me, and sorted the issue.

Basically, my Apple account is part of a Family Sharing Plan the subscription was available to the organiser of the Plan, not me, even though it was purchased and shows as a subscription on my device. The Apple guy basically just logged me out, logged in using the Plan Owners account, activated the subscription, logged out again and logged me back in.

I would suspect it was an Apple issue not a GI issue.

I wasn't, but forgot to cancel the auto renew. C'est la vie.

Dafsade and KingJJ like this.
  4. That’s how they get ya and why I haven’t bothered yet cos i would forget every darn month lol

A Merryflyer likes this.
  5. Dafsade

Dafsade Active Member

Top Monthly Post Winner

iPhone
    PM me :)
    dafsade

I love reading French expression in an English speaker forum :D !

Thank you for this advice ! it is good to know :D !

TeresaLisboa and KingJJ like this.
  6. And what does it mean?? Too lazy to copy and paste to google translate! :p

7. Dafsade

Dafsade Active Member

Top Monthly Post Winner

iPhone
    dafsade
    ah ah :D ! translation would be : It is life ! and it would mean : It is the way it works, and we can't do anything to change it !

KingJJ and TeresaLisboa like this.
  8. A much more elegant form of "If life gives you lemons then make lemonade" ...

fertob and KingJJ like this.
  9. Dafsade

Dafsade Active Member

Top Monthly Post Winner

iPhone
    dafsade

ah ah :D ! your sentense is more optimistic !

10. Yeah but when we Portuguese people say “c’est la vie” (either in French or Portuguese, both are used) we usually have that optimistic view (if you can’t beat them then join them)...

11. Dafsade

Dafsade Active Member

Top Monthly Post Winner

iPhone
    dafsade
    ah ok ! I didn't know that it was an internationnal expression ! I heard about "déjà vu", "rendez-vous", ... but never "c'est la vie" !

TeresaLisboa likes this.
  12. This forum is and education centre as well :). I have lots of trouble with phrases when i do my international work trips. Some raises quite a few laughs, some phrases bring some frowns. Language and phrasing are amazing

TeresaLisboa likes this.
  13. Dafsade

Dafsade Active Member

Top Monthly Post Winner

iPhone
    dafsade

Yes ! You’re right ! We can learn a lot of things !
    It is all the fun of a work trip !!