Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Santa's Bad Mood

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Petapann1
what about the icon on your phone?
If the app store shows the correct icon and open, it should be updated. Does your airport have snow on it?
Maybe a tech ticket needs opening.

It is on iPad, not phone, the icon on iPad is still old one, and with testing again this morning it still won't update. I have had endless battles with Tech Support, so am reluctant to go back down that road, and this event looks way too expensive in time and money for me anyway. You have all said you need to play like crazy to finish it, I just don't have the time especially at the moment. I'll pass on the update for as long as I can.

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Petapann1
It is on iPad, not phone, the icon on iPad is still old one, and with testing again this morning it still won't update. I have had endless battles with Tech Support, so am reluctant to go back down that road, and this event looks way too expensive in time and money for me anyway. You have all said you need to play like crazy to finish it, I just don't have the time especially at the moment. I'll pass on the update for as long as I can.

Ok, finally has updated, the link GI provided didn't work, I went to App Store and did an 'update all' only then did it update.

So I notice the increasing fuel. Just another way to screw the windows players.
They really need to quit using date and time for events end and switch to a straight
countdown timer. 3 days of lost flights at decent rates now they took a big jump. The drops
are not that good either I have had 8 in 150 flights including the 5 that switch an item
to seldom instead of very seldom. Better use a spyglass or two I guess. :banghead:

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata
Yep. Flight to Sapporo is now 40 + 12 fuel. Good grief!

You will get virtually no drops without spy glass. I just tried it. Even sky captain alone is useless.

captain_jack

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
fox /item
Spy glass is the key to success in this event. If you don't wanna buy it, try to get it by finishing this collection:
SPYGLASS.png
I've sent 9 planes to Canaries today and got 2 crests. I need only 2 items to complete 7th Green Belt and Into the White collections so I hope this spy glass will help, because without spy glass the drop rate is very close to zero (except Let It Snow collection - its drop rate is ≈ 1 per 12 clicks without SG and usually 1-2 per 6 clicks with SG).

Yep. Flight to Sapporo is now 40 + 12 fuel. Good grief!

You will get virtually no drops without spy glass. I just tried it. Even sky captain alone is useless.
I used a total of 3 spyglass (from my warehouse) on my main game along with sky captain and had good drops. I'm hoping the snow globes will keep popping out without any bonuses.

I was going to keep flying for stars, but the fuel increase is making me reconsider that action. I may just finish up my warming drinks and then go on to regular flying.

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata
Warm drinks drops are fine even without spy glass. Other quest items hardly drop without spyglass. I tried using sky captain alone (no spyglass, etc) and the drop is the same as without spyglass. Hardly anything.

Actually, I'm not using any buffs, and my warming drink drop has been pretty good these last 2 days. Shovels are meh, other drops are pretty terrible.

The problem definitely is not warming drinks or shovels. Rather it is the atrocious drops for into the white excluding the ones gathered from missions I had 2 drops from over 100 flights. With the fuel expense now going up quite a bit that just won't do. I bought a SG earlier and have had 6 drops in around 20 flights. Can't even comment on let it snow as the one snow melting facility has not given much. Perhaps with the SG I can get more of those. I am certain I won't try to get too many stars if and when I finish into the white.

H585

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Username
H585
The problem definitely is not warming drinks or shovels. Rather it is the atrocious drops for into the white excluding the ones gathered from missions I had 2 drops from over 100 flights. With the fuel expense now going up quite a bit that just won't do. I bought a SG earlier and have had 6 drops in around 20 flights. Can't even comment on let it snow as the one snow melting facility has not given much. Perhaps with the SG I can get more of those. I am certain I won't try to get too many stars if and when I finish into the white.

Just an update on the Snow Melting Facilities - the drops are rubbish without an SG (and i don't have any Sky Captains). I didn't play with any today just to see what the drop rate was like; i've had an alarm on every 1.5 hours since 6am this morning...its now 2am so that's about 11 visits and i've had 2 drops...and i have all six machines!!

I'm currently at 12-9-9-4-3 those last two (Arctic Fox & Snowy Owl) are like gold dust!

I never expected this quest to be easy after Age of Ashes but this last bit is properly hard!!

Just an update on the Snow Melting Facilities - the drops are rubbish without an SG (and i don't have any Sky Captains). I didn't play with any today just to see what the drop rate was like; i've had an alarm on every 1.5 hours since 6am this morning...its now 2am so that's about 11 visits and i've had 2 drops...and i have all six machines!!

I'm currently at 12-9-9-4-3 those last two (Arctic Fox & Snowy Owl) are like gold dust!

I never expected this quest to be easy after Age of Ashes but this last bit is properly hard!!
I'm glad we still have 2 weeks to finish this. At this point, I will not purchase a spyglass (may change my mind next week), but this is HARD! I have all 6 snow melting facilities.
globes.JPG

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata
Try tapping in quick successions on the snow melting facilities. If you're lucky, you would get two drops out of 6 taps. There's still a lot of time but spy glass is still the best for getting drops.

Top Bottom