Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

New pop up has to go

Natholian1

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Username
Natholian1
If you wonder what GI were thinking when they came up with the pop up idea, I can't think of any scenario where they thought it would be a good idea for the players. In that meeting when someone came up with the idea they must have thought they'd come up with a brillliant way to make some extra money and to hell with the players. That's why their excuses to the issue is so bad - this was an intentional way to strip players of money!

Hard to believe this is still going on. Spoke to a newbie last night who lost greens twice, received the brush off and was ready to give up on her refund. How can they justify giving refunds to some and not others?

I guess as long as the cheap money grab nets some extra they think it is worth it?!?!
Though you have to think some players that usually buy greens and support the game
are now refraining from doing so. I would think that loss is more than the gain of this disaster.

Brodyaga

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
afoximf
Username
CA:***
uc

I also lost ~12 or so banknotes by accidentally clicking those stupid windows.

Last edited:

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
Whilst the pop ups ARE annoying as hell, even if GI saw them as an essential part of the game,

They were not "essential" before the update. They are unethical and with no confirmation they violate the Windows Store agreement - I have spent $100. less on greenies than I would have if there were no popups because I get so ticked off with them and if I do not have greenies, they cannot be stolen.

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
If you wonder what GI were thinking when they came up with the pop up idea, I can't think of any scenario where they thought it would be a good idea for the players. In that meeting when someone came up with the idea they must have thought they'd come up with a brillliant way to make some extra money and to hell with the players. That's why their excuses to the issue is so bad - this was an intentional way to strip players of money!

They had a pop up a year ago when I started playing when Madlen tried selling stuff - people were so annoyed with it GI finally agreed to get rid of it (after people started complaining to the Windows Store about their violation) and now they brought them back only more annoying than before

They were not "essential" before the update. They are unethical and with no confirmation they violate the Windows Store agreement - I have spent $100. less on greenies than I would have if there were no popups because I get so ticked off with them and if I do not have greenies, they cannot be stolen.

I like your solution. I am also starting to run lower on greens as I also will not support them with
these BS pop-ups still happening. Hopefully the hold outs cause a net loss over the accidental
clicks. I really find quite a few of the things that happen now completely unnecessary and know they
can easily be fixed despite what has been officially said.

I'm a computer programmer and I know they can be fixed with a lot less effort than fixing the very rare good bugs which they immediately fix

I hear you, though I have only dabbled in programming many years ago, I have a pretty far reaching understanding
of PC's in general. I worked on companies servers in the early 80's the dawn of the internet age and have had a PC
in my home since the early 70's.

Now no sooner than I complained in here I actually was just hit for the first time with of course a stupid golden
toad. I have probably upwards of 60 or so coin producing buildings, when did the pop up get me? Literally on the
second building...soooooo helpful. Anyone know how much that stupid toad cost me? Need to submit a ticket. :rage:

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
Now no sooner than I complained in here I actually was just hit for the first time with of course a stupid golden
toad. I have probably upwards of 60 or so coin producing buildings, when did the pop up get me? Literally on the
second building...soooooo helpful. Anyone know how much that stupid toad cost me? Need to submit a ticket. :rage:

8 greenies for poisoned frogs (AKA golden toads) Be careful - I've had the popups as little as two seconds apart occasionally. When you submit the ticket, include the cartoon:

risovach.ru.jpg

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Good Evening Aviators (20.20pm GMT London)

With regards to these annoying and irritating pop-ups which are designed purely to catch players out. I find this, in all honesty, very disgusting and is no way to treat players.

With this in mind I've been moving my mouse pointer, in a circular manner, around the outter margins of my game and only when needed, do I move my mouse pointer into the centre area of the screen for collecting game play bounties etc. So far, it has proved to be a successful way of avoiding these pop-ups. So, do be very careful.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
RedFox
When I'm just 1 item shy away from completing a collection, the pop up for 26 greenies collection sometimes appears (10 greenies for the Space collection). Inconsistent.

Right after I click on my commercial building that has the longest refresh time (or probably one that generates coin the most), the 8 greenies frog appears. This one is consistent. My commercial buildings mostly generate < 90 coins ranging from 20mins - 4 hours, but I have one Aviation Museum or something that generates 200+ coins every 2 days. It is when I click on this that the frog appears. Maybe you guys can give it a try and attest to this theory?

Mia

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask me
Username
Mia
I received a refund of 8 greens for my Rookie Pilot Set. Perhaps if we keep them really busy with refunds, they will fix the pop ups sooner. What really bothers me is that many don't send a ticket or give up when they are told no.
EVERYONE, SEND A TICKET FOR REFUNDS !

Top Bottom