Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Launch thread

Device
  1. iPhone
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Markyboy8163
Username
Captain Markus
I guess none free to join my Blue Launch I put on 576
Guess it will fail to launch oh well

Thanks got my town hall done

I guess none free to join my Blue Launch I put on 576
Guess it will fail to launch oh well

Thanks got my town hall done

Instead of just putting something on the pad and expecting people to be able to come, why don't you ask about whether people can support one? A lot of people will tell you here you shouldn't be launching anything if you're not prepared to finish it off yourself in an emergency. I'd have come help but I'm still missing a lab notebook so I couldn't have even if I hadn't been stuck in a different color, but I also tend to join a lot more launches than I start because resources are limited.

To the other discussion, planning ahead definitely makes sense on the Sweets Factory. I'm in no hurry (yet) to fly anything above Giants, but as I've been thinking about it I need to get more laundry facilities in place to start support my first Giant flights and keep a reserve of blankets. 350 passengers every 3 hours is definitely a good bang for the buck though if you're trying to max your weekly passenger count.

As others have said you'll have a hard time avoiding the cheaters in the top alliances. We're happy with flying 130-140k a week among the 4 of us and it's enough that we may eventually add a 5th. The alliances are changing at some point so we'll see what that brings.

FlyingFalcon

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04vyyq0j
Username
Ben
I've got a turbo prop and a jet in the reserve hanger and am flying 2 jets, 3 deltas, 2 super deltas, 3 jumbos, and 1 giant. The thing I'm learning is that you have to have lots of passengers ready to pick up with a giant flying mandatory taking 500 out at one time. I flew over 70,000 pax last week by using the giant and speeding him up with a bunch of fuel I had stored up.

I haven't figured out the map thing so I haven't started flying those although I would really like to get a QL.

I sure hope they do break up the alliance point system. It's pretty discouraging and nearly impossible for a new alliance with 4 members to compete against alliances with 20 members who are flying over a million pax a week. How is the new alliance supposed to progress?

I think Falcon got thrown under the bus for something I said. I know you haven't been playing that long but one thing you'll learn is that there are always 10s of players looking to join launches. It seems like there's even more in Europe. People have hundreds of neighbors solely so someone can help them launch and people are always willing to jump in..you just have to build a set of neighbors.

Given this there should be no reason for a failed launch, especially if you have a backup to feed it yourself. I've had to launch reds on my own before and it sucks going solo.

Falcon, maps are simple conceptually. You get them for being first in a Launch. When you activate them one is good for a finite time period that you can fly there. Have lots of passengers and fuel available because you'll need that to do multiple flights while the map is active. Some also require a landing lamp, additional radar etc depending on the destination. You can see the specifics on the wiki

FlyingFalcon

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04vyyq0j
Username
Ben
Ok thanks for the telling off @FlyingFalcon lol

I didn't expect anyone I only asked if anyone was free to join up that was all

I guess I'm not in your league with you guys doing Red launches I'm long way off you guys

I'll not Launch or prep any launches in future ok

Im only been playing for 2 weeks still learning stuff

Hey man, I didn't tell you off. I only said I'm sorry I couldn't join and that is only because I don't have the lab notebook to finish the launch kit.

FlyingFalcon

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04vyyq0j
Username
Ben
Does anyone out there work for AT&T or a cell phone company that can explain why a tablet will double post or double click on items? It's like it hesitates and then gets all excited when it can go so it makes up for lost time. My warehouse numbers show I only used one Fuel tank yet it added 80 points and now it looks like I'm trying to hijack @Matt when I've been trying to be extra careful not to do that.

@PhactorPhil i was thinking about this Falcon discussion earlier today and it's an interesting discussion

For my play due to work I usually get a bank of flights off in the morning, one right after work and some I can get back for a third turn just before bed with my Deltas. Assuming I do that I can send 1050 passengers in a day with a Falcon.

With anything over a 6 hour run I usually only get two per day in and with a Giant that would be 1000 passengers. The difference would be a couple extra potential runs on weekends.

I'm currently running 35-40k per week not including map runs or anything special. I'm about to buy a giant or two as I only have two deltas left I haven't 3 starred but it's something I may need to think about a little more

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04151xx1
Username
LondonMatt
Falcon we are back with my QL neighbour in 30 minutes. I can start up another red if you like. I got some fuel left but probably not enough for a 1St place so you crack on if you like and take it?

Top Bottom