Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iPhone Trading Thread for January 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
aartoo
Username
aartoo
Hi all,

I also updated my game.

Does anyone know how this space race works.

What do you need to build Mission Control Center and Launch Pad? Do you have to build those on airside?

Anyway I need Space Race Items, thank you.

aartoo

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Mcmanda
Username
Mcmanda
Does anyone know how this space race works.

What do you need to build Mission Control Center and Launch Pad? Do you have to build those on airside?

I'm not exactly sure how it works ... but this is what I've got so far.

You need 3 new buildings: a mission control center (3x3), launch pad (3x3), and a cosmic fuel station (2x2). The mission control center and the launch pad have to be built on airside. The cosmic fuel station can be built on the cityside.

According to Vangees, you need the following for the mission control center.
  • Computer x4
  • Dispatcher console x4
  • Server Rack x4
  • Video Wall x4
I don't know about the launch pad or the cosmic fuel station yet - mine aren't done being constructed.

Device
  1. iPhone
As far as I know from my android friends:

To launch a rocket it takes an amount of points (I´m not sure but I think it was about 10.000 or 16.000)
You need special items (from 4 different collections) which have a different value of points. You can put them in the "pot" to reach the points.
As it is very hard to reach the points on your own, neighbours can join to one rocket launch and invest the items.
Depending on the amount of points you put in you´ll be ranked and rewarded (1st place, 2nd place and so on...)

I don´t know if there is a limit of persons who can join one launch. I also can´t guarantee if everything is the way I described it :rolleyes:

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
see my signature
Username
see my signature
Ok - so on the android this is how it works....

Build a launch pad and a mission control center (cosmic fuel station is optional I think)

Next Complete the following collections
Astronaut Outfit
Experiments in Space
Zero Gravity Lunch

and you get a Launch ready box - which contains a mix of stuff needed for the launch

Also complete the
runing wild collection

To get the option to either start a launch or join a launch you will need to complete the 4 collection (from above) once - and you will need to do this every time you want to either start a launch or join one (hope that makes sense)

Now you will need 1600 points for sucessfuly launch...

Remember the launch ready box - this give you items (all worth different amount of points) to make up this 1600...

It is almost very difficult to launch on your own (unless you are very well advanced and collected all the items) - Remmber to add up the points of all the items you have before you start your own launch sequence...

Neighbours can join you or you can join neighbours launches... no preference is given to the person who starts the launch sequence...

1st prize goes to the person who puts in the max points (no joint 1st) - gold box
2nd and 3rd - silver box
4th and 5th - bronze box...

These boxes contain items to complete the "A Space Odyssy" and some items for the launch sequence...

Items from the cosmic fuel station is used for points in the launch sequence...

Once you have started a launch sequence you have 24hrs to get to 1600 points - if you don;t reach it you will fail and will have to start again by completing the 4 collections

Once you have launched you will have to wait 24hrs (from the time of lift off) for you lander to return - then you get the gold/silver/bronze boxes (from above)

Hope this all makes sense...

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Mcmanda
Username
Mcmanda
That sounds ... complicated. Especially if the drop rates for the collection items for points are ANYTHING like the drop rates for the christmas challenge. ...maybe attempting this was a bad idea. Oh well. We'll see.

Do you need anything special to finish the cosmic fuel station? I've got over 20 hours left in building it right now.

I'll need 2 server racks to finish the mission control center, so that would be great if anyone is sending me something!

Device
  1. iPhone
Username
Alibear99
That sounds ... complicated. I agree!

Do you need anything special to finish the cosmic fuel station? I don't even have enough money right now to buy mine. Will be great to know ahead of time what else is needed to get it up and running.

I'll need 2 server racks to finish the mission control center, so that would be great if anyone is sending me something! Will try to send one for you if I can...once it resets!

I am with the rest of you and just trying to find some space (no pun intended) for the new items!! I also do not have flights to Vegas or Barcelona! Hopefully a fix for that comes out sooner than later!

I updated my needs. Thanks for any help, as always!!

AND a big THANKS to tdv for the explanation on the space launch!

:D

Reactions: tdv
Device
  1. iPhone
Username
Alibear99
Thanks GamingSwiftie for the last two Video Walls! :)

So as was already explained...there are basically FOUR collections to gather..each ones gives you one item needed for the Launch Preparation. They are as follows:

Astronaut Outfit - gives you the Space Suit. The items are acquired through flights to Cape Canaveral and Baikonur. They also drop from friends Training Center and Alien Legacy buildings.
(Items are Astonaut Helmet, Life Support System, Spacesuit Gloves, Magnetic Boots, Thermal Garment)

Experiments in Space - gives you the Lab Notebook. The items are acquired through flights to Cape Canaveral and Baikonur. They also drop from friends Training Center and Alien Legacy buildings.
(Items are Fruit Flies, Blue-green Algae, Wheat, Lab Rat, Frog)

Zero Gravity Lunch - gives you the Field Ration. The items are acquired from YOUR Training Center and also drops from friends Training Center, Mission Control Center, Launch Pad and Cosmic Fuel Station.
(Items are Dehydrated Vegetables, Canned Meat, Biscuits, Chocolate, Vitamin Cocktail)

Running Wild - gives you the Treadmill. Drops from YOUR Training Center and also drops from friends Training Center.

There is also A Space Odyssey Collection but just says collectible item when you click on the items so not sure where we get those ones from. Looks like you do receive something when you complete the Astronaut Oufit, Experiments in Space and Zero Gravity Lunch collections. Since I play on an iphone (lol) I can't really see what it is though...

I almost have the 4000 to start the Cosmic Fuel Station. YAY!

Thanks everyone for the help getting the Mission Control Center open. Update your status so I know what to send you.

:)

GamingSwiftie

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
GS4: GamingSwiftie4 (iPad), GS5: 04skwc5l
Username
GS4, GS5
You bet!
When I saw the update, I was so happy that I was running late on getting the previous gift round out. I just barely made it, but I managed to get all of yesterday's gifts out before my gift counts reset. :D

Yeah, I deleted my icy airstrip and fixed all my planes :D. I'm so glad I had 15 greens when the land sale came up not so long ago, I've almost got enough space for all the space stuff... 2x 3x3 is a lot though. The whole launch story looks complicated, but we'll see how it works out. Pity that we can't go to Barcelona and Las Vegas, Johnny Depp needs to wait for his joker card a bit longer :p.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2
Hi, Thanks for the short guide. But can anyone tell me where I can get the training centre, I can't find it on the Iphone......
Thanks

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
aartoo
Username
aartoo
Hello,

Got my mission control built. Now targetting the Launch Pad. Does anyone know what do you need for that?

I got 2 assembly robots, 2 spaceship engines, 1 laser level and 3 robot testers. I ques I need 4 each for something. Right?

What is a training center and how can I get one?

aartoo

Device
  1. iPhone
I'll need 2 server racks to finish the mission control center, so that would be great if anyone is sending me something!
One is sent...
Hi, Thanks for the short guide. But can anyone tell me where I can get the training centre, I can't find it on the Iphone......
Now targetting the Launch Pad. Does anyone know what do you need for that?
I got 2 assembly robots, 2 spaceship engines, 1 laser level and 3 robot testers. I ques I need 4 each for something. Right?
What is a training center and how can I get one?

The training center is the award if you launch the rocket in time. As far as I know the training center drops the treadmill you need anytime to launch the rocket.
The launch pad doesn´t need anything. The items /4 each) are needed for the cosmic fuel station. The fuel you get from the station gives you points for the launch (but as someone told me, rather peanuts compared to the value of the other itmes)

R

Raven

I'm only a couple of things away from finishing my cosmic fuel station. I still need 1 assembly robot, 2 laser levels, and 1 robot tester. I'll admit I'm still confused a little on the whole launch thing works, but I'm sure once I finally launch I'll get it (hopefully).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom