Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Android I don't know what to ... What Priorities

Brodyaga

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
afoximf
Username
CA:***
I think it is my turn now to ask for an advice) I am curious about best practices for doing adventure flights. I've been doing some excavation flights for some time, mostly in background. Drop rates are not that good. Now I think about something like this.
1. Wait and collect excavation maps and fuel. Activate bonus (which is better?) and do as many excavation flights as you can while bonus is active. Collect chests that open other adventure destinations.
2. Activate time-limited maps and do as many flights as possible to collect items and build adventure buildings. Use bonus (which one is better?). Here I have some doubts. I can operate 12 planes now. Should I have planes of same type and fly to active destination? The alternative strategy is to activate several destinations (let's say, two) and fly there while bonus is active? What is better?

@Fencat, @Mouse It seems you guys have built quite a number of adventure building recently. What was your strategy?

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
I think it is my turn now to ask for an advice) I am curious about best practices for doing adventure flights. I've been doing some excavation flights for some time, mostly in background. Drop rates are not that good. Now I think about something like this.
1. Wait and collect excavation maps and fuel. Activate bonus (which is better?) and do as many excavation flights as you can while bonus is active. Collect chests that open other adventure destinations.
2. Activate time-limited maps and do as many flights as possible to collect items and build adventure buildings. Use bonus (which one is better?). Here I have some doubts. I can operate 12 planes now. Should I have planes of same type and fly to active destination? The alternative strategy is to activate several destinations (let's say, two) and fly there while bonus is active? What is better?

@Fencat, @Mouse It seems you guys have built quite a number of adventure building recently. What was your strategy?
I can only answer for the first 2 adventure buildings meaning turbo prop and jet flights.

My strategy was get atleast 100 maps from duke. Save up fuel and passengers to be able to do those 100 flights In 1 go with instant returns.
For excavation flights (the one that use 1 map per flight) you want to use a regular dice.

The reason for getting 100 maps is what's what's needed for 3 starring. The goal is getting atleast 1 map for each destination so you might need more then 100 if unlucky when opening chests.

For the adventure flights part (where you activate a map that last for 6 hours) you want to use golden dice. Basically same strategy, goal is to get all 36 drops (6 collections to get 1 building and you can get max 6 buildings meaning 36 items total) from 1 map destination in 1 go with instant returns. From reading up beforehand and including my own findings that means about 120-180 flights per map so save up fuel and passengers to be able to do this during 6 hours.

Personally I currently have 3 runways so I did all this with 3 planes and instant returns.

This strategy works well for turboprops and jets due to the low passenger counts needed but will obviously be alot harder to do with larger planes so I can't really comment on those yet sorry.

Drawback is you need to be able to play for up to 6 hours at a time. Biggest plus is you only really need 1 map per destination and it's over and done with fast :D

Hope that wasn't too hard to follow and I'm Happy to help with any questions I can if it was :ROFLMAO:

I start by purchasing 100 initial starter maps from Duke for the adventure. I then fly all 100 flights and collect map chests which get me the timed maps to the next 5 destinations. In those initial 100 flights I use regular Dice.

I then fly to each of the 5 destinations using the timed map. For these flights I use golden Dice. I fly one map at a time until I get 36 drop items. I stop as soon as I get the 36th drop. It usually takes me 130-160 flights to get all 36 drops from the map.

When done with the map, I check fuel and passenger counts and decide if I will fly to the next destination immediately for at another time.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck!!!!

Brodyaga

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
afoximf
Username
Thanks! That's very useful))
Something interesting I have not thought about before. Do multiple runways increase the chance of item drop? If you have one runway, you click one plane at a time. If you have several of them, you can land and then click planes as fast as you can)
Just did a quick math for Mesoamerica destination. One immediate round trip requires 52 fuel (20 + 32) and 38 passengers. Hundred flights then burn 5200 fuel and 3800 passengers. Quite doable I think within 6 hours (when Dice bonus is active))

Brodyaga

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
afoximf
Username
Things are becoming clearer) Duke brings maps, friends and launches bring fuel. What about passengers? I've never purposely collected them. What would be the right way to intentionally stock up on them? A 10-passenger gift item does not seem like a good option, or does it?

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
Things are becoming clearer) Duke brings maps, friends and launches bring fuel. What about passengers? I've never purposely collected them. What would be the right way to intentionally stock up on them? A 10-passenger gift item does not seem like a good option, or does it?
Stock up might have been the wrong word... I don't intentionally stock up on the passenger items you have in warehouse. First of having max passengers before you start and all buildings ready. Preferably have some kind of bonus spot to place buildings for max amount of returns (check my city upper left corner) and in extreme cases alarm clock and/or family tickets.

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
@Fencat, got it, thanks! Now I think I understand why @Robby Kusuma always says passenger producing buildings are the most important ones.
Oh yes passengers over coin buildings always once you have red pad
Space is expensive and 1 launch gives more coins then a city full of coin buildings they are simply not worth it unless you need them for a side quest (y)

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
You "stock up" on passengers by getting buildings that yield large amounts infrequently. Apartment Hotel is crazy expensive, but pretty much anything with a yield time over 12h comes handy, eg House of Disturbance you get for free. You wait till all buildings are ready to collect and that's your stock. Also, the collector pattern comes handy to get +70% more passengers from each building, it's worth the extra time if you collect big buildings.

IMHO there is little reason to concentrate excavation flights. You can do them "in background", amassing adventure maps over time. It costs only time and coins to get adventure maps in this way. Dice doubles drop chance, so I just take twice as many flights but save greens and fuel. Concentrating those flights with regular Dice is good when you're under time pressure, eg you're about to replace your fleet.

Multiple runways make sense if you can exploit the fact that this game uses time function instead of random. But it's not anything solid, it's merely "a chance to get the same result as previous chance". Certainly not worth wrecking your city to make room from more runways.

Oh yes passengers over coin buildings always once you have red pad
Coin buildings are always a waste of space, pad or no pad : )

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
for passengers use bonuses like family ticket or alarm clock. Family ticket doubles the production for every passengers building. Alarm clock instantly replenish all passengers building to collect. My advice is combo, use family when start and alarm clock after when you\if you collect passengers from all buildings. For later adventure flights use while 12 planes of same kind, instant returns are very expensive in terms of fuel and passengers so for me was a no. But with other bonuses like weathervane and jet pack you'll get few rounds per map.

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
Coin buildings are always a waste of space, pad or no pad : )
While I agree in general in early levels before you get to red pad Space/land is pretty cheap and even small amounts of coins help you out so I say they do have a use up to a point. Once you start running out of space they should be the first thing to go though :)

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
While I agree in general in early levels before you get to red pad Space/land is pretty cheap and even small amounts of coins help you out so I say they do have a use up to a point. Once you start running out of space they should be the first thing to go though :)
Visiting friends with Planetariums and completing those collections is available since level 3 and it brings so many coins that any income from commercial buildings is negligible. Most coin producers need days or weeks of scrupulous collecting before you even get your initial investment back. A low level player can be seriously set back by sinking his very limited funds into commerce.

Commerce coin income is useless. There are reasons to keep some types of commercial buildings, but the coin income is not one of them. This is very important: never consider commerce because of coins, ever.

drivefast99

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
awlp2dv
Username
df99
My strategy is different than most posted here. This game requires patience or money. I use patience. I fly 5 of the same type to the Excavation destinations until they are 3 starred. I don't speed them up, just send them back out again when they land. I then activate the maps and send those 5 planes to the map destinations, using fuel catalyst to speed them up if needed so I get at least 10 flights per map. For the falcons I am getting 15-17 flights per map (I have 2 s3's). It takes longer but uses less resources.

Definitely fly the Excavation destinations with the maps from Duke before selling off your planes, It's like any other destination for 3 stars. You can always tackle the timed maps later.

Top Bottom