1. Welcome to AirportCityGame

AirportCityGame is the Number One forum when it comes to the hit Android, iOS, Windows and Amazon game Airport City!

Chat to other players, swap items in the Daily Trade Forum and help each other complete Space Missions!

How often do you travel & By what planes?

Discussion in 'Airport City Feature Requests & Suggestions' started by Gt city, 5 October 2017.

What planes you are using for travel?

1. Boeing

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. Airbus

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. other

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. Gt city

Gt city Administrator 700+ Star Club Administrator Active Member

Android, iPad
    044oubj6
    Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
    Wondering, how often do you travel using plane and what planes you are usually travel with (Boeing, airbus, etc)?

2. PhactorPhil

PhactorPhil VIP Flyer 150+ Star Club Active Member

Android, iPad, Windows PC
    20omhnh9
    PhactorPhil
    Since a career change two years ago, I travel by plane only a couple times a year. This year, I flew on two Boeing 737s and one Airbus A320.

Prior to that, for about 15 years, I flew between 50,000 - 100,000 miles per year, mainly domestic US with some scattered international travel. By far, my favorite aircraft flown is the Boeing 787 in first class. My most common aircraft was the McDonnell-Douglas MD-800. I loved that aircraft because the engines are rear-mounted, so the front of the plane was very quiet. I also liked the SAAB
    340 Turbo Prop for puddle jumping. The scariest aircraft I've flown on was a McDonnell Douglas DC-9. They stopped producing them in 1982, so the aircraft had to have been at least 30 years old, most likely older. It felt and sounded like the thing was falling apart while taxiing, taking off, and landing.

The one aircraft that I'd always wanted to fly on but never had the chance to was a Boeing 747.

So looking back, I've flown on these aircraft since my first flight in 1993:

Airbus A319
    Airbus A320
    Boeing 737
    Boeing 757
    Boeing 767
    Boeing 777
    Boeing 787
    McDonnell Douglas DC-9
    McDonnell Douglas MD-80
    Canadair CRJ
    Embraer ERJ
    SaaB 340

Gt city likes this.
  3. KingJJ

KingJJ 150+ Star Club Active Member

Android, iPhone
    04qbmvda
    KingJJ
    I believe it depends on what planes the airlines have for the route I travel.
    But it seems like about 60% or so of my trip this year was Airbus. A few of A380.

Gt city likes this.
  4. Airbus 319/320 - more miles than I care to think about.

Gt city likes this.
  5. pete blake

pete blake Active Member

Windows PC
    20fpzdmo
    APETE9999
    Monday through Tuesday this week just flew Taipei to Hong Kong on an Airbus 330 (Eva Air), changed to Airbus 380 Hong Kong to London (British Airways) , then changed to Boeing 767 (British Airways) London to Rome - then, same day, Rome back to London on British Airways 319. Did the same in reverse 2/52 ago. Kinda jet lagged. Lol But mostly Airbus.

Gt city and PhactorPhil like this.
  6. Upstairs on a 747 was always a fun ride for me. I think I’ve been on all of these except the 787. I’ve also been on the Airbus 321, 330 and 340 as well as a couple DC10s and even a 717. I’ve been on a few other military jets over the years as well.

7. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

Top Monthly Post Winner

iPad
    03be7pmi
    JayJay(+urgent item needs)
    My travel has been sporadic since my 1st flight alone when I was a kid in 1983. I don’t remember much about the plane. Since then most of my travel has been via 747 for out of country and 737 within the country.

8. AshPort

AshPort VIP Flyer Active Member

iPad
    03bv6gap
    Ashport
    manly 737 and 767 internationally

9. Bazamoza

Bazamoza Active Member

iPad
    Bazmoz
    Bazamoza spotlam
    777 and 747 for my trips to san diego

10. I travel very frequently with work to almost any country you could think off.

Done dozens of A380’s, I really like them but in the last 18 months I’ve done plenty of 787 long haul.

Next big trip looks like UK to Indonesia sometime in December

11. volly

volly VIP Flyer Active Member

Android
    04e49e6w
    a a Volly
    I prefer to travel by B-17 or B-29. In a pinch I will use a B-24. The Lancasters are really nice too.

Davescharf likes this.
  12. david smith

david smith 150+ Star Club Active Member

Android, Windows PC
    209aba02, 20xblwtp,04rn9r1c
    gamerader, gameradar3,david smith2
    I agree with u @KingJJ depend on the airline

KingJJ likes this.
  13. Robobobo888

Robobobo888 VIP Flyer Active Member

iPad
    Robobobo888
    Robobobo888
    When I travelled to visit my family, my father used to ask me what aircraft I rode on. I always told him, "I have no idea." He doesn't ask anymore... I don't know if that's because he gave up on me, or because he now gets that information from the internet when he tracks my flight :LOL:.

Very amusing to me that this thread has people who not only notice what equipment they fly on, but who additionally remember it years later:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.