Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Hijackers?

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Ianda11
I had a launch hijacked by "hermie" a couple of days ago. 4 of us in the launch, I had already added over 740, 22 hours to go and they hijack it! We ended up with over 1800 points when we only needed 1600.

Why waste over 200 points just to hijack a launch?

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
I had a launch hijacked by "hermie" a couple of days ago. 4 of us in the launch, I had already added over 740, 22 hours to go and they hijack it! We ended up with over 1800 points when we only needed 1600.

Why waste over 200 points just to hijack a launch?

Only way to make sure that you can hijack a launch is to use a couple of PEB's. at 360 points each, you usually end up with between 100 to 200 overage.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ayvpwbz ; ar5a79u ; avyss2h
Username
InCoNvEnIeNtE,InCoNeW,Portugal
hello,yesterday i star 1 lunar launch and i was hijacked by someone name : ADiX | Fuel 20 :), and he is not my neighbour, the launch was only with both of us, its strange because he is not my neighbour

R3d_F1v3

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04kf2sac
Username
R3d_F1v3
The way the math works out, if you add half the points required for the launch plus half of the points for a PEB, the offending neighbor can not get close enough to use a PEB and complete the launch. For instance, for a green rocket that requires 1600 points to complete:

1600/2 + 360/2 = 980

the offending neighbor would have to get within 360 points of your total to pull even with you with a PEB, so:

980 - 360 = 620

the sum of the points invested to the launch at this time to complete the launch would be:

980 + 620 = 1600 --->Launch complete! The neighbor can't get close enough to you to use the PEB without first completing the launch.

Applying the same logic to the remainder of the launch types:

Blue: 2000/2 + 360/2 = 1180
Red: 3000/2 + 360/2 = 1680

This being said, I usually start off a launch with 2 points or more than these values, just to be sure. I have had a guy who joined my launch within the opening minute and added enough PEB's to complete the launch before I could get to these values. The only other drawback to this is that I get a lot of players that just add 56 or so at the beginning and don't add any more, knowing that since I have more than half of the points invested, I am more than likely to finish it on my own regardless of their participation, so it is almost a free ride. Usually I do get a good samaritan that will ad a few hundred points initially and add more throughout the lauch.

Hope this helps.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ami4pbq6
Username
Tecmage
I have hijacked, and been hijacked. My approach now is to post my launches and announce when I want first place. It's worked so far (1 if I post, and 2 if others read it).:eek:

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04m479so + almjced + aaa3pr1 + 0400ag7m
Username
vayka1 + noya12 + ayon1 + kaito1
InCoNvEnIeNtE,
I don't think that it's possible that you can be hijacked by someone who isn't your neighbor.
You must, if i'm not mistaken, invited or accepted a neighbor to see their flights.
There can be friends in your list which changed their username in "what they want/need"
for gifting. In that case you don't know their real username!!
Check your friendlist!!!!!!!!!
If i'm wrong in the above statement, plz. correct me!!!

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Please PM if adding. Will not add without PM.
Username
Sulfe (lvl 60 283★ and 9♥) / Wingit (lvl 60 155★ and 9♥)
Someone just attempted to hijack my launch, but was not successful. The weird thing is that person is NOT my neighbor, has never been. How does that happen???? I've never heard of them and can't find their name anywhere on any forum. Is there a way for me to find out who it is? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Sulfe

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Please PM if adding. Will not add without PM.
Username
Sulfe (lvl 60 283★ and 9♥) / Wingit (lvl 60 155★ and 9♥)
It is sad. If they want first place why don't they start their own? I don't get it. It's not like you're winning anything spectacular. lol...
Whatever. Sorry, Hburr...better luck next time.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
npq2ox
Username
Adrian
A player called Adrian hijacked my launch yesterday. Just look out.
Hi Lukasz,

Sorry if I hijacked your launch, I certainly didn't mean to. Are you sure it was me? I've only been doing lunar missions and I rarely have enough items to add more than 1000 points.
I've also checked and I only have 4 gold tokens that I've ever received (some were from a top 100 finish ages ago) and I would've expected more if I'd hijacked.

Sorry again if it was me.

Adrian

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a541hyo
Username
lukehome
Hi Lukasz,

Sorry if I hijacked your launch, I certainly didn't mean to. Are you sure it was me? I've only been doing lunar missions and I rarely have enough items to add more than 1000 points.
I've also checked and I only have 4 gold tokens that I've ever received (some were from a top 100 finish ages ago) and I would've expected more if I'd hijacked.

Sorry again if it was me.

Adrian

Well, I have posted it in March and there is no written on which rocket you have done it. Just please don't do it again!
There are plenty QL sessions where we need points, and the first places can be given. If you want first place, just start your own launch. If you join, max what you can expect is 2nd place.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
azqldw2
Username
.Shinobi273
Well, I have posted it in March and there is no written on which rocket you have done it. Just please don't do it again!
There are plenty QL sessions where we need points, and the first places can be given. If you want first place, just start your own launch. If you join, max what you can expect is 2nd place.

Sorry I hijacked you. I rushed to 1256/3000 to beat your 1238/3000. A 3rd player put up 576. I normally won't swipe a 1st like that but my personal rule is that 1st needs to have at least half the points needed to be safe. If I join your launch again I'll put up 700+ to help you.

Top Bottom